Tens of thousands of farmers in hundreds of farm trucks heading to Bangkok

webfact

@englishoak

Slow tractor on road causes maximum disruption to traffic.

Pickup would be fined for deliberately driving slowly to disrupt traffic.

Not about fuel costing.

Farmer protests in UK and France play the same game.

Yes but they also have a lot more money in Europe nor pleading poverty, so the Q remains how much will it cost or are you saying they now have money to burn ?

PS trucks and vans block a road just as well as any tractor.

Edited by englishoak

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Where I live the are just now planting a new crop of rice while these farmers and protesting who planting the rice? No wonder their poor.

It's their right, they were promised payment and haven't received it. They have to stand, good luck to them. Oh, and it's they're not "their' when you write English !

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Where I live the are just now planting a new crop of rice while these farmers and protesting who planting the rice? No wonder their poor.

In my wife's village, which is 100% red shirt, most have not been paid and have no money to buy supplies for a new crop. Many owe money to illegal money lenders and are in dire straights.

I guess the farmer where I live are smart and have money or been paid by the government

Are you saying now that 1.4 million farmers are dumb?

In my wife's village, which is 100% red shirt, most have not been paid and have no money to buy supplies for a new crop. Many owe money to illegal money lenders and are in dire straights.

.....and who are they going to vote for at the next election, that's what I'm keen to find out??

Have you been keen to find out that elections are for the masses, justice and for the people are obsolete terms and without meaning. The only government is self-governing; banks and corporations are the only protected and satisfied entities. WAKE-UP PEOPLE

Well the one thing they don't want when these thousands of farm vehicles reach Bangkok is for the heavens to open and Bangkok floods again.

Lets see a thousand klm or more at 20klm's an hour, crikey thats over a month 1 way.

By the time some of them get here the protest will be over. By the time they get back home there will be more protests on and around it goes.

Ahh you gotta love Thailand.

"Lets see a thousand klm or more at 20klm's an hour, crikey thats over a month 1 way." Really short days where you are living then. Time must fly bye biggrin.png

Sorry, couldn't resist.

• Like 1

I hope that the millers and exporter class are doing okay. Would hate to see them not able to make payments on their London and HK apartments.

IIRC some of the millers/warehouse-owners were complaining recently, that they've been waiting up to a year to be paid, for storing their parts of the 'riceberg' ? wink.png

Am i dreaming

is this really happening,

i want to travel to Thailand but i'm not going while this is going on,

i want the freedom to travel up and down the country without being

held up or slowed down by protests, inconvenienced is the term,

when is this going to stop

make it soon please

Same in my wife's village. It's crazy, but they hate the dems more than they hate the PTP. They are still loyal to the Shin clan even they they are getting screwed and still living below the poverty line.

They still support the Redshirts because they know if the Yellowshirts ever regain control of the government they'll be screwed for sure. The Yellowshirts will make sure they either completely loose their vote or start changing the rules to make sure they are rapidly disenfranchised in some other way. They will shut down any public money flowing out of Bangkok and make sure it stays there with their elite cronies. Prices on rice will be kept low and interest rates on loans to small farmers will rise. Any farming subsidies for the small farmer will of course be discontinued. These will be replaced with subsidies to the Bangkok elite in the form of tax exemptions, low interest rates and awards of bloated government contracts. Thailand will swiftly drift back into a more obvious plutocracy and this dipping-of-the-toe into the water of democracy will be all but abandoned.

The Thai's are used to their leaders skimming off the top. That's the way their whole village/tribal governmental system has worked for centuries. It was much like the feudal lords of Europe. A certain amount of tribute (now called corruption) is to be expected. The Redshirts are patrons of the farmers and working poor. The Yellowshirts are patrons of the elite. Those farmers who still now support the Redshirts are just following the old adage of: "Better the devil you know than the devil you don't".

Let me guess, they know all those terrible things the Yellow Shirts will do because the Red Shirts told them so?

Just for reference, did any of those terrible, nefarious things happened during Abhisit's administration?

• Like 1

Finally....a group of people with something real to protest. Hopefully they do not allow that clown Suthep to hi-jack their message for his own political gains. Good on the farmers to ignore the PTP trying to squash them!

i agree with you sir,i dont know why the hell they would protest before over something silly like rampant corruption pathetic isnt it..dont know your previous avatar name but i didnt even think of that one ...tssk im silly im going over to the red trolling (toys out of the pram )camp see you at the a.g.m.ive booked us a telephone box should be packed ..book your ticket in advance so as not to be too disappointedwai2.gif laters babe..

Finally....a group of people with something real to protest. Hopefully they do not allow that clown Suthep to hi-jack their message for his own political gains. Good on the farmers to ignore the PTP trying to squash them!

i agree with you sir,i dont know why the hell they would protest before over something silly like rampant corruption pathetic isnt it..dont know your previous avatar name but i didnt even think of that one ...tssk im silly im going over to the red trolling (toys out of the pram )camp see you at the a.g.m.ive booked us a telephone box should be packed ..book your ticket in advance so as not to be too disappointedwai2.gif laters babe..

If you all havent notice ive been a member since 2011. No, i dont post very much. If u read what i actually wrote you would see i was applauding the farmers defiance of the redshirts. This forum has really lost it!

Civil disobedience is not only a right when the people are the victims of a corrupt regime, it is a duty and the only course of action to those of conscience opposing a state that has patently lost any right to its peoples respect.

"The question here is not just about one of the numerous individual cases in the struggle between a truth powerless to act and a power that has become the enemy of truth. It is really a question of the absolutely concrete demonstration of the point at which this struggle at any moment becomes man's duty as man.…" Martin Buber "Man's Duty As Man" (1962)

I think if it wasn't for Suthep they wouldn't be heading to Bangkok.

I would be proud of Suthep if he assisting them in the cost of the fuel from the

many many donations from the good protestors.

You think the rice scheme should only be protested by the farmers and no one else?

Who's the real clown here? dry.png.pagespeed.ce.iCXmiFQmCf.png

So Suthep has been protesting the rice scheme all this time? Amazing! You seem to be saying the dems are paying for the farmers to protest.... it may or not be so. If they are funded by the dems hopefully they take the money and publically distance themselves!

Yes the corruption and the rice scheme has been a major part of it, it's bankrupted the country.

I seem to be saying that I said the dems are paying for the farmers to protest? Are you sure? Read it again, I never said that.

Suthep has woken them up, yes I think he is the reason they are coming to Bangkok. --> "I think if it wasn't for Suthep they wouldn't be heading to Bangkok."

Posts like yours, and welcome to TV by the way, are coming from Dubai where there are quite a few decent English speakers

where coercion of what to post and compensation as to how many posts are actually made may answer a few questions here.

If the farmers fuel is being compensated, then what's wrong with that? The money was raised to help them.

Is that any different than getting paid 500 THB to get on a bus to Bangkok, we've all seen plenty of videos of that.

Although, contrary to funding the red shirts to invade Bangkok, the money wasn't raised, it was funded by we all know who.

I look forward to more of your posts, and enjoy your stay wherever you are. smile.png

Umm.....ok.

Ive been a member since 2011 and its people like u that makes me realize why i rarely post anything

My wifes village is in Kalsin, true Red shirt territory

36 trucks are heading to Bkk to be part of the where is our money

20 red shirts in a group, stopped them by the Dinasaur Park and promised that Taskin will pay then twice whet they are owed if the do not got

2 truck pulled out of the convoy believing more lies

Then the group got angry and thretened to break all the trucks

trouble was some of the farmers are hard working Thais who have developed good bodies

when push came to shove, the red shirts made a quick retreat

Thai wife on the phone now says the 34 trucks are now 64 al heading to Thailand

But I think they are all fake thais and really Grandmothers in wheel chairs heading for the Bkk retirement home

Thai wife asked me what am I going to do

myself and 8 friends are standing our ground and will stop the red shirts that are ready to attack our village

But I could be wrong

Thai wife on the phone now says the 34 trucks are now 64 al heading to Thailand

Can they drive over the water as a guy a long time ago could walk over it? Thought it was the Thai's land in Thailand.

myself and 8 friends are standing our ground and will stop the red shirts that are ready to attack our village

Why would they attack your village? You seem to be not well educated, or just not knowing it better.

But i could be wrong. ( Which my wife never says)-facepalm.gif

Edited by sirchai

I guess the farmer where I live are smart and have money or been paid by the government

(I guess) Are all of your posts based on guesswork.

You claim to live in Thailand and represent the red shirts but at the same time you don't even know what is happening on your own doorstep.

If the farmers are smart where you live, why don't you follow suit and try to be at least a little smart?

I don't claim it I do live in Thailand and I represent myself not any red shirt group, just because some of my views are same as them doesn't mean anything. I know what I see with my own eyes, I don't need any of your nonsense or insults, if you don't like my remarks on what I see just pass them by. Your boring me now saai.gif

Anyone who has read your posts know that you are red all the way through.

You even name yourself after your favourite dictator (Red Snake).

If you don't want to be insulted, don't post absolute crap in future.

I agree :D

• Like 2

(I guess) Are all of your posts based on guesswork.

You claim to live in Thailand and represent the red shirts but at the same time you don't even know what is happening on your own doorstep.

If the farmers are smart where you live, why don't you follow suit and try to be at least a little smart?

I don't claim it I do live in Thailand and I represent myself not any red shirt group, just because some of my views are same as them doesn't mean anything. I know what I see with my own eyes, I don't need any of your nonsense or insults, if you don't like my remarks on what I see just pass them by. Your boring me now saai.gif.pagespeed.ce.f25DL0fHCd.gif alt=saai.gif width=19 height=19>

Anyone who has read your posts know that you are red all the way through.

You even name yourself after your favourite dictator (Red Snake).

If you don't want to be insulted, don't post absolute crap in future.

I agree biggrin.png

Me too biggrin.png

As falangs we are not to voice our opinion. I will. We have many a rai under the current rice scheme. We (P-lok) have got shit.

I am getting so tired of this shoit. Why are we not to voice our opinion? I have spend virtually half of my life here. I have friends here, family here. I never get this soit from any Thai, whether they are lowly or highly educated. I only get his shoit from other Falangs. My Thai friends and the people where I life all agree that I have a right to voice my opinion. And that goes for people on all sides of the divide, whether I agree or disagree with them.

It is only other foreigners giving me this bullshit line!

Edited by WAERTH

Please be aware that all Samlo drivers are on their way to the capital as well. They'll arrive in Bangkok in about four weeks. -coffee1.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

And this is why in the international community Thaivisa is not highly regarded. Sad really...

?