Tens of thousands of farmers in hundreds of farm trucks heading to Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the great ironies here, is that it seems likely it will be the farmers than bring an end to the Shinawatra dynasty, and not the Dems or Suthep.

Suthep can pack up and go home. Leave it to the farmers now. The muppets speach on Tuesday must have been the last straw.

The Desert coward has been totally outmaneuvered, there is no way back for him, ever. It may also bee the end for a number of the other political jurassic cronies such as Chalerm. Id imagine a few are already packing their suitcases for a trip to Dubai or Montenegro.

Where I live the are just now planting a new crop of rice while these farmers and protesting who planting the rice? No wonder their poor.

Can you please tell us honestly which village you live in and in which province?

He (Red Snake) didn't register on TV until three weeks ago (27 Jan. 2014), so maybe he doesn't know his way around Thailand all that well yet.

Check out post 34 instead of my profile and maybe your find out.

Of course, you pretend to know about the countryside, but seemingly you know squat. If you did live rurally you would know that ALL families are planting rice at this time. It is the staple diet. They grow it for their own consumption. No rice, no eat!

The Kubota Army might be heading south, but you can be assured their families are planting!

What is not happening is the commercial planting. The large scale thousands of Rai which should be planted is not, because, why? Duhhhhhhhh because the farmers have not been paid. They have no money for seed or feed on a commercial scale.

If you need a more simple explanation snake please let us know.

Edited by LivinginKata
flame removed
  • Like 2

That is the very people PTP claims to represent, that is one messed up situation for them. At least yingluck is a strong leader and will see the situation through I have no doubt about it.

Are you trying for joke of the week - YL a strong leader - hahahahahahah

Yingluck should be transferred to an inactive post. Oh, wait--

Where I live the are just now planting a new crop of rice while these farmers and protesting who planting the rice? No wonder their poor.

What would the point of planting be when they can't sell the crop? The government has destroyed the market.

Indeed, and not only that, they would sink themselves further into debt by spending time and money into planting a crop they won't be able to sell, or sell at a loss.

You don't have a clue do you. Why do you try to spin everything. These are hard working folks and you belittle them!! Why???

• Like 2

You don't have a clue do you. Why do you try to spin everything. These are hard working folks and you belittle them!! Why???

No wonder he lives up there among the peasants, as he proclaims them: neither have the brains to get out of their situation. Funny now how he turns on them, I thought he was all gung ho on the so called grass roots and real people.

At least he found his place in Thailand. Enjoy the rolled up cigs, white whiskey, and dust in your eyes ol' snakey (or old snakehead, as the local girls call the old men with young birds)

P.S. Just a word of advice, you can make a fool out of yourself, get embarrassed and come back again with another account, but we can detect you from miles away with same old song and dance that is pointed at just simply trolling.

Edited by gemini81
  • Like 1

englishoak post # 67

Just a thought if these farmers are so poor and skint whos paying for all the fuel ? tractors are not that fuel efficient and its a long way to bangers and back. im no expert on tractor mpg but its got to be pretty awful and expensive on a round trip.

And why do all the tractors look like they came from exactly the same place or hire firm ?

And why do all the tractors look like they came from exactly the same place or hire firm ?

Now suspicion has arisen yet again. If, as you state you actually live in Thailand and in farming country as or rather we do in Anmphur Sangkha in Changwat Surin you would be well acquainted with the fact that the tractors you see are all sold with the front dozer blades and driver shades the stock colour is red, the trailers are locally produced to a standard pattern too. Standard equipment at the point of sale.

It would seem perhaps that your information is sadly lacking as to the reality of rural life here in Thailand. Perhaps due to not actually living where you say and relying on hearsay ?

ummm we dont get a lot of tractors in bangkok, show me where I have ever said i live in or among a farming community ? I asked a simple question .. two actually . Cheap to run are they or buy ? funny because the little i do know is A there is usually a choice even in tractors and B they cost a fair old bit... far more than most poor thai farmers ive come to know can afford .. in fact i cant think of one i do know thats had one but like i say im not a farmer or know many which is why i asked.

I assume there is a lease system for most if they use them which is why i mentioned a hire firm... be nice if people didnt jump down others throats when a simple viable question or two is asked Mr poleeeman whistling.gif

Edited by englishoak

In my wife's village, which is 100% red shirt, most have not been paid and have no money to buy supplies for a new crop. Many owe money to illegal money lenders and are in dire straights.

they're, their, there... some spell check might be an idea... :-) dire straits too... but yes, agree and empathize with the farmers' plight... sad to see...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

That is the very people PTP claims to represent, that is one messed up situation for them. At least yingluck is a strong leader and will see the situation through I have no doubt about it.

If she'd be any more inactive she'd turn into Bose-Einstein condensate.

• Like 1

englishoak post # 67

Just a thought if these farmers are so poor and skint whos paying for all the fuel ? tractors are not that fuel efficient and its a long way to bangers and back. im no expert on tractor mpg but its got to be pretty awful and expensive on a round trip.

Now suspicion has arisen yet again. If, as you state you actually live in Thailand and in farming country as or rather we do in Anmphur Sangkha in Changwat Surin you would be well acquainted with the fact that the tractors you see are all sold with the front dozer blades and driver shades the stock colour is red, the trailers are locally produced to a standard pattern too. Standard equipment at the point of sale.

It would seem perhaps that your information is sadly lacking as to the reality of rural life here in Thailand. Perhaps due to not actually living where you say and relying on hearsay ?

ummm we dont get a lot of tractors in bangkok, show me where I have ever said i live in or among a farming community ? I asked a simple question .. two actually . Cheap to run are they or buy ? funny because the little i do know is A there is usually a choice even in tractors and B they cost a fair old bit... far more than most poor thai farmers ive come to know can afford .. in fact i cant think of one i do know thats had one but like i say im not a farmer or know many which is why i asked.

I assume there is a lease system for most if they use them which is why i mentioned a hire firm... be nice if people didnt jump down others throats when a simple viable question or two is asked Mr poleeeman whistling.gif

Hire purchase terms on a new Kobota are very reasonable and cheap. A smart guy can hire it out with a driver for just a couple of days to recoup the HP costs. I know this as I was looking at a related business opportunity/idea last year.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

catatonic and absolutely useless except for changing uniforms (false flaggin?!) and posin' for pics.

If there's novmoney to pay them then where will any "peoples council " get the money from?

Money will be made available but not while the PTP bandits are still on the loose. The PTP are presently unable to beg or borrow, leaving only the other option.

The farmers heading to Bangkok will be looked after I'm sure, as it seems as if PTP has said "F off, you're on your own now"

As for the fuel costs, I am sure there are many supporters of PCAD with financial resources to assist them in their hour of need..

She is active...actively hiding, cowering & shirking.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

englishoak post # 67

Most villages have the same type of truck that is community owned, used for carting Village needs, Funerals ,Weddings,Parties

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</scriAre you trying for joke of the week - YL a strong leader - hahahahahahah

catatonic and absolutely useless except for changing uniforms (false flaggin?!) and posin' for pics.

In a crisis great leaders come to the fore, poor ones goes AWOL.

Talking of going AWOL perhaps ex Lt Sunisa should write another book and this time call it, "Yingluck, where are you?"

Edited by bigbamboo

One of the great ironies here, is that it seems likely it will be the farmers than bring an end to the Shinawatra dynasty, and not the Dems or Suthep.

Suthep can pack up and go home. Leave it to the farmers now. The muppets speach on Tuesday must have been the last straw.

The Desert coward has been totally outmaneuvered, there is no way back for him, ever. It may also bee the end for a number of the other political jurassic cronies such as Chalerm. Id imagine a few are already packing their suitcases for a trip to Dubai or Montenegro.

I hope your wrong on that point. I want to see him back here and serving his sentence with all 300+ of them sharing the same cell.

The farmers may well be used as a pawn in this game however they have a just cause and as we know strength is in numbers and they probably do not care about politics in their view only want to get paid so they can continue with the life that they have known and still cling to.

Without doubt there must have been a strategy of who to pay first and IMHO I feel Issan has been paid so can continue with their daliy lives as if nothing extraordinary has happened.

If you note the farmers are coming from areas close to Bangkok, it costs money to travel not only in time but in fuel costs etc:

Intimidation in a red village can in my experience is pretty dreadful........." If you do not come on the bus to Bangkok we will burn your house down"

that was when Abhisit was in power.

Above all other projects that the Govt may be running now the farmers plight must be resolved by payment to them ...........legitimate farmers ............if not their anger will be beyond belief.

• Like 1

englishoak post # 67

Hire purchase terms on a new Kobota are very reasonable and cheap. A smart guy can hire it out with a driver for just a couple of days to recoup the HP costs. I know this as I was looking at a related business opportunity/idea last year.

Thats why i figured it may be a hire firm rather than owners... if so then i fail to see why farmers with no crop when not needing a tractor in bkk would be running them all the way to bkk and spending money hiring them when they arnt needed. unless they are leased per season etc

which still leaves the Q whos paying for them and the fuel costs there and back and the breakdowns etc ? just curious is all.

Edited by englishoak