Tens of thousands of farmers in hundreds of farm trucks heading to Bangkok

webfact

RT @RichardBarrow: 11:30am This is what is heading to #Bangkok; 100’s of farmers & their tractors. Now in Ang Thong (Pic @CrDNnews) http://t.co/gulQbf5Soy

Bg4_CTGCQAAGaX4.jpg

This guys tweets more recently said they are heading to Swampy, not Bangkok?

Richard Barrow @RichardBarrow 46m

[bangkok Post] Thai farmers are expected to head to Suvarnabhumi airport to hold a rally against the government. They are in Ang Thong now.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RT @RichardBarrow: 11:30am This is what is heading to #Bangkok; 100’s of farmers & their tractors. Now in Ang Thong (Pic @CrDNnews) http://t.co/gulQbf5Soy

Bg4_CTGCQAAGaX4.jpg

Just a thought if these farmers are so poor and skint whos paying for all the fuel ? tractors are not that fuel efficient and its a long way to bangers and back. im no expert on tractor mpg but its got to be pretty awful and expensive on a round trip.

And why do all the tractors look like they came from exactly the same place or hire firm ?

• Like 2

Bg4_CTGCQAAGaX4.jpg

[bangkok Post] Thai farmers are expected to head to Suvarnabhumi airport to hold a rally against the government. They are in Ang Thong now.

Well that should not effect the air flight much, they will be able to take off and land. The only problem there will be no passengers on board, cant get to or from the airport. So obviously they have got enough cash to fuel these tractors and trucks up and feed their families that they have on board and pay for the repairs to their machinery that breaks down on the way and on the return. AAhhh I have like them lost the plot. I think they should just go back to the corruption that has always been in Thailand and the place ran pretty well.

More farmers join Bangkok protests for rice payments
By Digital Content

13928734294710.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 20 – The Ministry of Commerce was completely sealed off for the second day today as more farmers poured into the capital from several provinces to demand due payment for their rice under government subsidy.

More than 500 farm vehicles which left Uthai Thani yesterday and encamped overnight in Sing Buri, 140 km north of Bangkok, are approaching the capital.

An initial report said they would rally at Suvarnabhumi Airport, or they may meet other farmers at the Commerce Ministry to jointly pressure caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra to personally talk to them on rice payments.

Ms Yingluck has so far not ever met with protesting farmers but assigned such Cabinet members as caretaker Deputy Prime Minister/Commerce Minister Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisarn and caretaker Deputy Prime Minister/Finance Minister Kittiratt Na-Ranong to talk to them, but to no avail.

Rawee Rungruang, leader of the Thai Farmers Network, said the government-proposed farmers fund to help farmers was a good idea but it did not meet farmers’ present demand for rice payment, not loans. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-02-20

• Like 1

Well... You don't see the PTP handing out cash to the farmers during their slow march south. There's love and loyalty, and then there's someone else's money.

The PTP-types are too busy depositing their millions in cash at Government Savings Bank. They've been paid, but not the farmers.

Where I live the are just now planting a new crop of rice while these farmers and protesting who planting the rice? No wonder their poor.

Can you please tell us honestly which village you live in and in which province?

A poster would be stupid to provide that kind of information to a public forum, especially being farang that would stand out if someone went asking around in the same village etc...

what your asking could have repercussions for any farang in a village named at the moment from a "passionate" or over zealous thai... either your being thoughtless or worse

• Like 1

"An initial report said they would rally at Suvarnabhumi Airport, or they may meet other farmers at the Commerce Ministry to jointly pressure caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra to personally talk to them on rice payments."

Ooooops, Suvarnabumi... I think that would be really nasty....

'Nough said...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Where I live the are just now planting a new crop of rice while these farmers and protesting who planting the rice? No wonder their poor.

Can you please tell us honestly which village you live in and in which province?

He (Red Snake) didn't register on TV until three weeks ago (27 Jan. 2014), so maybe he doesn't know his way around Thailand all that well yet.

• Like 1

Guess the farmers will check then some heavy suitcases, if some taksin family members or friends try to fly out.

That is the very people PTP claims to represent, that is one messed up situation for them. At least yingluck is a strong leader and will see the situation through I have no doubt about it.

Are you trying for joke of the week - YL a strong leader - hahahahahahah

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

He (Red Snake) didn't register on TV until three weeks ago (27 Jan. 2014), so maybe he doesn't know his way around Thailand all that well yet.

Check out post 34 instead of my profile and maybe your find out.

Bg4_CTGCQAAGaX4.jpg

Just a thought if these farmers are so poor and skint whos paying for all the fuel ? tractors are not that fuel efficient and its a long way to bangers and back. im no expert on tractor mpg but its got to be pretty awful and expensive on a round trip.

And why do all the tractors look like they came from exactly the same place or hire firm ?

And now we have fake tractors.

A sign that the curtain has risen on the final act.

Next, magic bullets and people who can appear at two places simultaneously.

• Like 1

In my wife's village, which is 100% red shirt, most have not been paid and have no money to buy supplies for a new crop. Many owe money to illegal money lenders and are in dire straights.

Same for my wife's family. The whole village is in financial dire straights. Nobody there has any money. But STILL they vote for the Shinawatra clan. In the Sunday election a couple of weeks ago my wife was intimidated into voting. She said there would be "problems" if she didn't go back to the village to cast her vote.

The wife's sister was paid to vote, and she voted NO. Red shirts should do the same at the next election (wife's sister is not red btw). They get the government they deserve if they continue to vote for them.

so much for predictions by the red communist crew who claimed both the democrat supporters and farmers were drastically reduced to only two digits. Wrong. Can't stop karma now. PTP has done everything wrong to insight this by avoiding the core problems, satisfying farmers, and taking responsibility.

• Like 1

It's really quite amusing don't you think? Those oh so well informed commentators yesterday, who claimed all the demonstrating farmers were exclusively from the south, seem to have disappeared. I wonder which rotting silo they are regrouping in?

• Like 2

How about they get a loan to pay them from a state bank ? or some fund transfer to enable that ? just sort the legality out in court after.... im sure all thais will be happy to see the poor farmers paid somehow ... after all its only money vs ruined lives im sure Thainess and caring about fellow thais will prevail over money........ oh hang on I just woke up ..........

We rarely share the same opinion - but i'm with you on this.

PTP should probably stop barking up the moribund rice pledging scheme and fund the BAAC somehow.