Anti-government protesters lay siege to Shinawatra Tower 3

webfact

One would think that the PDRC has someone with some brains who can research the companies still having ties to the Shinawatra family and arrange the 'faithful' to boycott these enterprises.

They have. These are some examples of his businesses targeted.

cap_ok.jpg

logo.gif

company-94-960X200.jpg

Also:

MLINK

AirAsia

Sat Tel

Shin Sat

AIS

1-2-Call

And that Chiang Mai Silk company of his father, etc.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Asking for a coup and giving the army the power....anybody else see how this is not going to end corruption.....armies are like corruption machines, even police can't compete with the corruption of almost any ordinary army. I'm not on the red side but this seems kind of obvious to me.

so far as targeting shin businesses....deperate but normal MO in some ways for the yellows. The situation seems to be deteriorating, i am seriously thinging of getting visas for the family and bugging out.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

The Surayud government after the last coup was the cleanest government I have seen in Thailand so far.....

From Wiki:

Surayud was chairman of the Khao Yai National Park Protection Foundation.
However, after becoming Premier in 2006, he was accused of breaching the Forestry Act and the National Forest Reserves Act by illegally owning forest land in Yaithiang Mountain of Nakhon Ratchasima province. He vowed to resign and return the land (which he did not deny owning) if found guilty.
In February 2010 after demonstrations by the "Red Shirts" at Khao Yaithiang Mountain, Surayud, who by then had alreasdy left politics, returned the land to the Royal Forestry Department when it was found that the land is indeed located within forest reserve land under the Ministry's decades old code. The plot of land is now under Royal Forestry Department's care. However, up until now no legal action has been taken by Thai authorities a.....

Suthep is trying to force stockholders and shareholders to dump their shares, naturally at rock bottom prices, where he and his friends will be waiting with their own dirty money to gobble them up.

Well, that's one way, to finance the anti-government protests ! laugh.png

Edited by Ricardo
  • Like 1

Asking for a coup and giving the army the power....anybody else see how this is not going to end corruption.....armies are like corruption machines, even police can't compete with the corruption of almost any ordinary army. I'm not on the red side but this seems kind of obvious to me.

so far as targeting shin businesses....deperate but normal MO in some ways for the yellows. The situation seems to be deteriorating, i am seriously thinging of getting visas for the family and bugging out.

Seems some Farang never listen

If its to hot in the kitchen get out

I bend with the wind and find living In Thailand so easy

yeah, good for you then, i got a kid to think about and this place has a questionable future at best.

Dont mind him hes up in boonie land and going through the, been here a while i know it all, believe whatever the wife tells me, bend like a pretzel stage.. been there done that and s**t can still happen.

Have a plan B if its an option, some will have to stick it out through no choice others will wish they had a choice if it turns really bad, nothing wrong with a plan B if you are able, especially if you have kids to consider imo

Thailand hasnt even gotten to the main event yet and all the academics and political watchers say the same thing, at that point anything could happen. Ive been here too long not to expect the unexpected. If everything turns out all cool great, if its not no problem with a plan B, its smart insurance.

I cant tell you how many farang Ive met who think its all too easy, until its not, things can turn here on a dime for many reasons or none at all, s**t can just happen, with no support or plan b your screwed.

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 2

It is clear to me that Suthep has a personal vendetta against the shin clan this has nothing to do with politics although he is using the people as an excuse, if this is allowed to carry on I can see the Thai economy taking the brunt and tourists will continue to go elsewhere . Kun Suthep is doing mor harm than good all in the name of self gratification.

Thailand hasnt even gotten to the main event yet and all the academics and political watchers say the same thing, at that point anything could happen. Ive been here too long not to expect the unexpected. If everything turns out all cool great, if its not no problem with a plan B, its smart insurance.

I cant tell you how many farang Ive met who think its all too easy, until its not, things can turn here on a dime for many reasons or none at all, s**t can just happen, with no support or plan b your screwed.

It's true that Thaksin's eventual return to Thailand will be pivotal to how things turn out for the country. Having a Plan B when that occurs would be highly advantageous.

If anyone damns these protests, then they clearly support Thalsin Shinawatra and his family of thieves and murderers, and that means there is zero help for you. You are soulless and dead inside.

There is a village somewhere, that is missing its idiot.

Good to see you putting your hand up....just ask anyone with a bit of intelligence for directions and you will be home in no time.

"Protesters lay siege"

20 people mulling around an area that 200 would fit into, 4 of whom are freely walking in or out of the building.

Bad picture probably a stock photo of the entrance because none of those are protesters clearly.

I am watching Channel 3 news that just showed a good few thousand making their way there from on protest site and i think there are others which are en route.

Don't worry lads, by the end of the day you will be treated to many pictures of a total lockdown of several Shin Corp locations.

If anyone damns these protests, then they clearly support Thalsin Shinawatra and his family of thieves and murderers, and that means there is zero help for you. You are soulless and dead inside.

Oh dear sounds as if you have all the proof to make such allegations thieves and murderers ,it amazes me how many Falangs get so wind up over Thai politics when they are guests in the country with no entitlement to vote. My own view is that the only people who suffer here are the poor of Thailand and without the shin clan they would never have been given the right to vote nor the opportunity for the 30 baht hospital treatment and that is why they love the shin clan as he gave them the same rights as the eliitists of Thailand I do not support any party I am impartial but I do applaud the shin clan for giving the poor the right to vote something that would never of happened had the other party been in power. I really hope that dialogue can be achieved over the table however this means the main parties discussing the future of Thailand for the good of all whether rich or poor.

Several posts have been removed, along with their quoted replies.

Please try to keep the discussions about the news article, and not personally insult members (Whether that be specific to a member, or a broad generalization simply because you have different political beliefs).

:)

without the shin clan they would never have been given the right to vote

I am impartial but I do applaud the shin clan for giving the poor the right to vote

Just for the sake of accuracy, all Thais have had the right to vote since first doing so on November 15, 1933.

Your applause therefore is misdirected and should go to the People's Party of 1932.

*not to be confused with the banned for electoral fraud People Power Party of 2008*

It's true that Thaksin's eventual return to Thailand will be pivotal to how things turn out for the country. Having a Plan B when that occurs would be highly advantageous.

You got one of those wives with a crystal ball as well then ? rolleyes.gif the event im talking of is 100% cast iron guaranteed m8, I hope you have a plan B.

Much or most of the foreign press seem to understand the attempt at a grab for power that's going on here (whereas the ‘Nation’ and ‘Bangkok Post’ often fail to understand, or at least to explain). There was a good piece from the ‘Nikkei Asian Review’ a while back that I've just seen. It deals with some financial reasons for the troubles, and interestingly mentions the land issue, which doesn’t often get discussed.

google on "Wealth gap driving Thai political turmoil" by TORU TAKAHASHI

Edited by tilac2

You got one of those wives with a crystal ball as well then ? rolleyes.gif the event im talking of is 100% cast iron guaranteed m8, I hope you have a plan B.

You mean you're not talking about Thaksin's return? What are you talking about?

The Shinawatra Tower 3 is said to house the SC Asset Company which is previously owned by Ms Yingluck Shinawatra.

Yingluck was never the sole owner of the company and she's still a stockholder with 27,830,000 shares.

The major shareholders are

1. Thaksin youngest daughter, Paetongtarn, with 960,908,540 shares

2. Thaksin's oldest daughter, Pintongta, with 929,908,540 shares

3. Thaksin's ex, Potjaman, with 92,531,270 shares and her brother, Bhanapot Damapong, with 159,000,000 shares

http://www.scasset.com/en/shareholder.aspx

OK, but does targeting the building and its tenants really hurt SC Asset Company?

In case you didn't know, large buildings are typically financed because it can cost billions of baht to secure the lease on the land and to erect the highrise building. Banks, life insurers, pension funds and other institutional investors will finance the development through mortgages or even by taking an income stream participation.

Short of absolute divestment, all of these actions will hurt non implicated parties more than they will hurt SC Asset Co.

The Shinawatra Tower 3 is said to house the SC Asset Company which is previously owned by Ms Yingluck Shinawatra.

Yingluck was never the sole owner of the company and she's still a stockholder with 27,830,000 shares.

The major shareholders are

1. Thaksin youngest daughter, Paetongtarn, with 960,908,540 shares

2. Thaksin's oldest daughter, Pintongta, with 929,908,540 shares

3. Thaksin's ex, Potjaman, with 92,531,270 shares and her brother, Bhanapot Damapong, with 159,000,000 shares

http://www.scasset.com/en/shareholder.aspx

OK, but does targeting the building and its tenants really hurt SC Asset Company?

Yes, i think it does. The symbolism and negative publicity is already impacting the company.

Does it mean little Paetongtarn is going to wake up tomorrow eating MaMa noodles? No. Her nearly billion shares will still have value, but it will be worth less than previously.

It will also no doubt hurt Thaksin's pride to see the events surrounding his building develop. It wouldn't be surprising to learn he's seezing in anger over what transpired.

Formerly owned by, in politics, means the ownership has been, for the time being, transferred to a figurehead.

The figurehead, as is normal in these constructions, has no real power at all.

The former owner still is steering the company.

Now I think about it, like Mrs Y and Mr T.