Shuttle Suvanabhumi to Don Mueang back to normal route

Took the shuttle again this morning from BKK-DMK.

Early last month they changed the route in anticipation of protest shenanigans.

Just posting to say it is back to the normal (original route).

Timings this morning: Departed 10:40, arrived 11:35, 55 minutes door to door.

Just a reminder - make sure you have itinerary/boarding pass.

At this time they will not let you near the bus until you have presented yourself at the desk first, and the guy there has a sheet to fill out with your flight number and number of pax before they will allow you to get on the bus.

Bus was nearly full - 20 pax on board.

Just wondering if we should pin a shuttle bus thread so changes/timings/unusual stuff can be added....as well as the opening post having photos and timetables...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

55 minutes door to door is faster than I thought for the bus. How much quicker would a taxi be?

I'm a little bit worried about time because I arrive at BKK on a Sunday at 11:40 and depart DMK at 14:15. Do you think it's possible to make the DMK flight by taking the bus?

And just out of curiosity, what is the bus fare and expected taxi fare?

55 minutes door to door is faster than I thought for the bus. How much quicker would a taxi be?

I'm a little bit worried about time because I arrive at BKK on a Sunday at 11:40 and depart DMK at 14:15. Do you think it's possible to make the DMK flight by taking the bus?

And just out of curiosity, what is the bus fare and expected taxi fare?

When I arrived in mid-Jan, I had a fairly tight connection timeline from arrival at BKK to departure from DMK. Then my flight got in half an hour late. Then it was really slow through immigration. I'd pretty well resigned myself to missing my flight and having to buy another ticket when I got to DM. I wandered outside to have a smoke and a limo driver came up to try to flog me an overpriced ride. I started to wave him away, but then thought about the relative costs of an overpriced limo versus losing the cost of my ticket and having to buy another one. The overpriced limo was the cheaper option, so I said to him:

"If you can get me to DM in time for my flight, you've got a deal". He asked what time my flight was, and when I told him, he said "No problem".

Well, it was both expensive and scary, but he had me at departures in DM in less than twenty minutes, and I made my flight with time to spare. I even had time for a cup of coffee before I went through to the departure lounge.

This was about 9.30 am. And the guy was quite obviously a maniac. And cheeky, because after I gave him an extra 100 for one of the most exhilarating rides of my life, he asked for another 100!

"Go forth and multiply" (or words to that effect), I told him. "That's yer lot".

So anyway, if you get a sufficiently lunatic driver, you can make it from one airport to the other quite fast.

• 2 weeks later...

price for the shuttle? and how does one get it/find it/? do u have to wait for it to fill before it goes? or does one jsut run every certain amount of time.

wanting to know because i have to book a flight to CM and there are cheaper flights from DM but if the cost of the shuttle is above a certain amount, it might just be easier for me to wait and go of BKK and pay the extra plane fare...

ideas>

price for the shuttle? and how does one get it/find it/? do u have to wait for it to fill before it goes? or does one jsut run every certain amount of time.

wanting to know because i have to book a flight to CM and there are cheaper flights from DM but if the cost of the shuttle is above a certain amount, it might just be easier for me to wait and go of BKK and pay the extra plane fare...

ideas>

Hi Bina,

AFAIK the shuttle service between the airports is free.

All other info you can find here : http://www.suvarnabhumiairport.com/en/122-transfer-bus-between-suvarnabhumi-don-muaeng

It is possible that you need to show an ongoing ticket but I'm sure some drivers don't even bother to check

Goodluck

Yermanee wai.gif

Edited by SeaVisionBurma
removed off topic comment

The shuttle is free, but you must be able to show proof of a flight from either terminal on the day of travel.

They are strictly checking this at the moment before allowing you to board the bus at the Suvanabhumi departure point.

Hi Bina,

An e-ticket on your mobile is proof enough. When I used the shuttle a few weeks ago, I showed them my boarding pass as an attachment on my mobile, and I noted they were checking for the date. They even asked me to zoom in on the departure details on my screen so they could see it clearly.

This was a change from a few months back when it was usually just a cursory glance.

Hope this helps

yep. thanx. now i have to see what to do about my mobile... changing sim card to thai card etc... i swear, if u thow me in a forest i would have a better chance of surviving then being in a city and dealing with all this cell phone e ticket stuff...

i assume a printed out form of the eticket itinerary is also proof. i hope so cause i am now going to order my CX ticket...from DM... since its considerably cheaper.

and thanx for all the 'talk thru-walk thru'...

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

The shuttle is free, but you must be able to show proof of a flight from either terminal on the day of travel.

They are strictly checking this at the moment before allowing you to board the bus at the Suvanabhumi departure point.

Does that mean that if I arrive at Suvanabhumi Airport, I can take the shuttle to Don Mueang even though I dont have an ongoing ticket from Don Mueang?

Took the shuttle this morning from Suvanabhumi to Don Muang this morning.

Just showed the boarding pass and it worked like a breeze - took around 50 minutes for the trip.

Thank you SVB for the tip.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

THAI Begins Flights From Don Muang To Suvarnabhumi

BANGKOK – Thai Airways today announced the launch of service between Bangkok’s Don Muang Airport and Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Beginning April 30, passengers can fly six times daily from one side of Bangkok to the other in under an hour.

“Last year alone we had over 10,000 passengers who went to the wrong airport by mistake, only to discover that they were in danger of missing their flight,” said a THAI spokesperson. “Now they can simply fly to the correct one and make an easy connecting flight through the transit lounge.”

Click here for more info and the rest of the story I copied this from,

THAI Begins Flights From Don Muang To Suvarnabhumi

BANGKOK – Thai Airways today announced the launch of service between Bangkok’s Don Muang Airport and Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Beginning April 30, passengers can fly six times daily from one side of Bangkok to the other in under an hour.

“Last year alone we had over 10,000 passengers who went to the wrong airport by mistake, only to discover that they were in danger of missing their flight,” said a THAI spokesperson. “Now they can simply fly to the correct one and make an easy connecting flight through the transit lounge.”

Click here for more info and the rest of the story I copied this from,

Had a bit to drink last night did we?? You are 10 weeks late for April Fools and that NTN article has been posted numerous times on TV in the last 3 years....whistling.gif

If you want to seem original with a joke at least come up with something fresh. blink.png

eg. "Junta proposes cable car between airports for speedy transfer"

Edited by Lakegeneve

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, arriving or departing flight from either airport is fine for the shuttle.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 7.3 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not correct. I was refused a service last week from DM to Suvarnabhumi having just landed at DM but travelling on from Suvarnabhumi (not by air).

Yes, arriving or departing flight from either airport is fine for the shuttle.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 7.3 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not correct. I was refused a service last week from DM to Suvarnabhumi having just landed at DM but travelling on from Suvarnabhumi (not by air).

That information was correct when I posted it.

What you are saying points to a change in policy.

I have made the trip dozen of times when arriving at one terminal and travelling to the other (with proof of travel from the arriving flight but not an onward ticket from the other terminal, eg arriving flight to DMK and taking the bus to BKK for onward travel not by air)

Hopefully we can get some clarification on this in the near future..

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...