The shuttle between Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang

The problem with the shuttle is it does not offer a service coming back from holiday (when you don't have an onward flight). I landed late last week at DM and had a hell of a job getting to Suvarnabhumi. I will never fly Air Asia again.

I had the same problem last week, arrived at DM and had to go to The big airport, because I did not have my onward ticket etc etc, they would not let me on an empty bus ?? I offered to pay, but was told NO..

Useless or what..

I ended up taking a taxi which was ok... But if the bus is going there and there is empty seats ?? What's the problem, I was happy to pay...

I had the same problem last week, arrived at DM and had to go to The big airport, because I did not have my onward ticket etc etc, they would not let me on an empty bus ?? I offered to pay, but was told NO..

Useless or what..

I ended up taking a taxi which was ok... But if the bus is going there and there is empty seats ?? What's the problem, I was happy to pay...

Last April I came back from Nakhon Phanom with Air Asia, I showed them the ticket for that trip because I didn't know what they wanted and they let me on the bus. Maybe I got lucky.

To answer the OP , times are every hour during day. Free IF you have on-going flights - taxi , if not. Someone may be able to post (re-post) the timetable.

Actually the times are more frequent than this.

See here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/705757-shuttle-suvanabhumi-to-don-mueang-back-to-normal-route/#entry7929120

10449658_10204112973370245_1249894550_n_

I think I'm going to try this bus out tomorrow... I have no onward ticket but need to go from swampy to DMK...... How long is the trip from swampy to DMK out of interest?

The trip takes around 50 minutes to an hour depending on traffic.

A couple of posts today from members saying they were not allowed to use the shuttle as they did not have an onward ticket from the terminal they were travelling to. This goes against the initially published policy for the shuttle, which said you needed to show proof of travel for either an arriving or departing flight from either terminal.

My suggestion is to have your arriving flight proof of travel ready (printed e-ticket or boarding pass, or show it on your smartphone) and to show this.

From this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293915-i3686-k5788604-FYI_Overview_of_the_new_AirAsia_AoT_inter_airport_shuttle-Thailand.html

The AoT allows ONLY *passengers* (i.e. no crew, employees OR non-traveling persons) to use the service. You will/should be asked to show proof of a ticket to ride.

The shuttles do NOT accept reservations and is on a first-come, first-accepted basis.

Notes: You CAN use the bus even IF your ticket is:

A for the NEXT or was for the PREVIOUS day, or

B for travel to BKK or DMK and you are using the shuttle simply to get to the OTHER airport but do NOT have an onward flight from that other airport.

If the above has changed it is a shame, as it defeats the point of the shuttle for many pax

I think I'm going to try this bus out tomorrow... I have no onward ticket but need to go from swampy to DMK...... How long is the trip from swampy to DMK out of interest?

The trip takes around 50 minutes to an hour depending on traffic.

A couple of posts today from members saying they were not allowed to use the shuttle as they did not have an onward ticket from the terminal they were travelling to. This goes against the initially published policy for the shuttle, which said you needed to show proof of travel for either an arriving or departing flight from either terminal.

My suggestion is to have your arriving flight proof of travel ready (printed e-ticket or boarding pass, or show it on your smartphone) and to show this.

From this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293915-i3686-k5788604-FYI_Overview_of_the_new_AirAsia_AoT_inter_airport_shuttle-Thailand.html

The AoT allows ONLY *passengers* (i.e. no crew, employees OR non-traveling persons) to use the service. You will/should be asked to show proof of a ticket to ride.

The shuttles do NOT accept reservations and is on a first-come, first-accepted basis.

Notes: You CAN use the bus even IF your ticket is:

A for the NEXT or was for the PREVIOUS day, or

B for travel to BKK or DMK and you are using the shuttle simply to get to the OTHER airport but do NOT have an onward flight from that other airport.

If the above has changed it is a shame, as it defeats the point of the shuttle for many pax

Interesting to read that info..

My wife chatted with the driver when we were using it (only 2 pax on board) and he told her that it was cool to pay during the day when it wasn't busy. However, at peak times like morning and 5pm ish, all the airport staff use it so no room for paying passengers :) Got love it...

I have used shuttle service quit a few times now.

Last time,in March, I arrived from Udon Thani to DM with AirAsia going to Suvarnabhumi to receive some friends arriving from Europe.

All I had to do was show the staff my AirAsia 'Udon to Don Muang bordingcard'

The problem with the shuttle is it does not offer a service coming back from holiday (when you don't have an onward flight). I landed late last week at DM and had a hell of a job getting to Suvarnabhumi. I will never fly Air Asia again.

Surely that is like expecting them transport you to Heathrow for free when you land in Gatwick, just because it is near your house.

There are taxis and can't you pay for the bus?

Air Asia were obliged to bring you to Bangkok, didn't they do that?

Surely that is like expecting them transport you to Heathrow for free when you land in Gatwick, just because it is near your house.

OK i guess but they provide a shuttle service when you are going on holiday but not coming back, sounds crazy. I thought the service was provided as long as you had a flight in or out of DM that same day. In the end i paid for the bus to Mo Chit then got the BTS to Suvarnabhumi but it took much longer and i had to get the last bus to Pattaya. I don't mind paying it's just the inconvenience when the shuttle bus is going there anyway (empty).

Useless or what..

I believe you are seeking that ever nebulous quality called common sense, and reasoning. Of course the airport authority would want to help tourists, right?

OK i guess but they provide a shuttle service when you are going on holiday but not coming back, sounds crazy. I thought the service was provided as long as you had a flight in or out of DM that same day. In the end i paid for the bus to Mo Chit then got the BTS to Suvarnabhumi but it took much longer and i had to get the last bus to Pattaya. I don't mind paying it's just the inconvenience when the shuttle bus is going there anyway (empty).

So you believe they should provide a free shuttle bus for people wanting to get onto the Bell Bus to Pattaya?

PS There are buses to Pattaya from Mo Chit too!

So you believe they should provide a free shuttle bus for people wanting to get onto the Bell Bus to Pattaya?

NO i don't want a free bus. I just want a convenient way to get to Don Meung. If Air Asia can't provide it via a shuttle i won't fly with them again.

NO i don't want a free bus. I just want a convenient way to get to Don Meung. If Air Asia can't provide it via a shuttle i won't fly with them again.

I don't feel it is Air Asia's responsibility to get you to the airport, and weren't you provided a shuttle to DM, from Swampy when you had an onward flight?

Edited by jacko45k

• 1 year later...

We have a flight out of Don Muang at 3:35PM. Assuming we catch the shuttle at Suvarnabhumi at 1PM and that it takes approximately 1 hur to get to DM, will 1 1/2 hours check-in be enough? We won't have any luggage to check.

We have a flight out of Don Muang at 3:35PM. Assuming we catch the shuttle at Suvarnabhumi at 1PM and that it takes approximately 1 hur to get to DM, will 1 1/2 hours check-in be enough? We won't have any luggage to check.

Without taking responsibility: 2.5 h in total seems good enough.

You don't need 1.5h to check in at Don Mueang (except for extreme peak travel like Songkran, New Year and long weekends like the oncoming 30 July to 2 August).

I don't feel it is Air Asia's responsibility to get you to the airport, and weren't you provided a shuttle to DM, from Swampy when you had an onward flight?

Agree, no airline will build a shuttle system from Pattaya to Don Mueang to add yet another transport.

Sure you can use the shuttle from Suv, to Don Mueang.

Suv. is pretty easy from Pattaya.

Of course Pattaya to Don Mueang is long way (time consuming).

Thats why I prefer Suv. anytime even if it costs a bit more.

It takes about 2 hours to take the shuttle bus to Suv from Jomtien(where we live - 2 blocks from the bus station) and they drop us off around Gate 4 on the 2nd level. We can take the shuttle to Don Muang between Gate 2 and 3 on that same level, so it's an easy transit....

Without taking responsibility: 2.5 h in total seems good enough.

You don't need 1.5h to check in at Don Mueang (except for extreme peak travel like Songkran, New Year and long weekends like the oncoming 30 July to 2 August).

Sorry, but just found now!

Irritating news from Don Mueang!

Long Delays at Check-in at Don Mueang Airport

http://www.thaitravelblogs.com/2015/07/long-delays-at-check-in-at-don-mueang-airport/

If this does not change, another reason to avoid DM for all cost.

Useless or what..

I don't understand why they don't accept paying passengers too. I've ridden the bus a few times and its never been busy.

As covered on the many threads on this subject if you use the search box in the top right area of the screen. Easy ways between the two airports are Taxi, Free shuttle bus every half hour during the day(if you have a air ticket), 50 baht minibus if you don't have a ticket, and public bus as a last resort.