Shinawatra business boycott forces its stock prices to plunge

webfact

I don't like predicting violence, but if share values fall by more than 15-20%, count on a sudden increase in grenade attacks and shootings by 'unknown people'.

Perhaps the remaining loyal red-shirts will be openly mobilised to defend the master's wealth.

if the stock loses that much expect The Shins to be buying back in big time, unless Suthep has bought in first ???

How many protesters use AIS as a mobile platform?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could get very messy if the shark dealers start to circle, could get very messy for the SET in general, theres nothing like a good old bit of blood in the water to bring out those sharks.. problem is being international they wont care whos the victim. Could be a very bumpy ride for a while on the SET for a lot of investors, if hedge funds feel like a dabble it could be quite a funny few days and not just for the Shins.

This is a wild card gamble it could pay off or it could get very messy for a lot.

So are you going short or long?

i'm out, just watching the fun :)

looks pretty red on nearly all fronts and dropped a few more points http://www.set.or.th/en/ tomorrow being friday could really be an interesting day and not just for the Shins rolleyes.gif

smells of manipulation ...

"It smells like.....victory." cowboy.gif.pagespeed.ce.OqunRvp1aP.png

sorry..but definitely not. The losers in this strategy will be employees and small shareholders ( short term). These bigger people are not exposed significantly to these sorts of moves...no matter how much people might want that to be the case. This is just theatre ( sadly some losers in it)

• Like 2

And isn't that wonderful? And tell me what stocks are not manipulated up today down tomorrow... stock markets run like prostitutes underwear! Good to see you are on board for once instead of supporting corrupt regimes. clap2.gifgiggle.gif

• Like 1

Thank you. Assuming that is correct and it's not news to people more aware than myself, it helps people vote with their feet.

I was just wondering does anyone know what percentage of these companies are owned by the shinawatras either directly or indirectly? Thanks

For SC Asset, the clan owns around 65% of all shares.

*see above link in previous post*

This is exactly what the PDRC should have done first. If the extended Shin clan start to see their money disappearing, they would have agreed to pretty much anything to stop the rot. Nobody would be hurt and life in Bangkok over the past few months might have been a little calmer.

Sorry to say but you are totally correct

hit them where it hurts

they do not care about there fellow thais

there care about their mass assets

Let's see how long the Shinawatras will stay now that their own money is being threatened. Yingluck will say bye bye soon I bet! clap2.gif

A master stroke by Suthep - shows how powerful he is now in that his words can move stock markets.

Thailand has it's very own Ben Bernanke or Warren Buffet!!!

Stock price plunge?? Not really. Falling 1-4% is common with any stock. Now, if this happens several days in a row then that's news. Otherwise, zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Kind of wondering what the rest of the Thai market did. I can't imagine they had a rally with all the chaos.

To claim a "plunge" is a little bit of hyperbole.

"...totaling 21.36 million baht."

Try multiplying this over a week or two. Perhaps even longer.

The people selling can only bail out once.

the bailers are out and the business is fine.

they are only losses if you sell, and am sure shareholders will outlast Suthep.

Speaking of which, wonder if they all put their money into Palm oil again, or dodgy land, or popcorn bags, or lessons in idiocy and dictatorship.

• Like 1

I was just wondering does anyone know what percentage of these companies are owned by the shinawatras either directly or indirectly? Thanks

Thank you. Assuming that is correct and it's not news to people more aware than myself, it helps people vote with their feet

Your very welcome. If it's not correct, they've lied to the Stock Exchange in their official reports.

Another significant Shinawatra business is:

j6825.gif

M-Link Asia Corporation

https://www.set.or.th/set/companyprofile.do?symbol=MLINK

It's chockablock full of Shinawatras and Wongsawats (sister Yaowapha's married name) in both management (Thaksin's banned-from-politics-for-lying-about-assets niece Chinnicha is the new CEO; Yingluck's common-law husband, Anusorn, was President) and ownership.

• Like 1

Stock price plunge?? Not really. Falling 1-4% is common with any stock. Now, if this happens several days in a row then that's news. Otherwise, zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Kind of wondering what the rest of the Thai market did. I can't imagine they had a rally with all the chaos.

To claim a "plunge" is a little bit of hyperbole.

Have a look its red but nothing drastic yet. http://www.set.or.th/en/

TASCO lost 7.69% etc a lot around 2 - 3% tomorrow will be interesting to see but atm its 95% of the SET is down a few %

On top of yesterday's drop of -4.94%, SC Asset lost an additional -3.14% today.

On top of yesterday's drop of -2.92%, M Link Asia was down an additional -6.63% today.

8% in two day's is a definite plunge, if it goes another 3-4 % tomorrow that's a nice weekend of stress,

that could see a serious bail out on Monday morning. Depending on the protestors moves.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"...totaling 21.36 million baht."

Try multiplying this over a week or two. Perhaps even longer.

The people selling can only bail out once.

the bailers are out and the business is fine.

they are only losses if you sell, and am sure shareholders will outlast Suthep.

Speaking of which, wonder if they all put their money into Palm oil again, or dodgy land, or popcorn bags, or lessons in idiocy and dictatorship.

Agree on all money on Palm & rubber.

No more AIS or AirAsia for me. Have enough of Thaksin.

post-200079-0-31753800-1392897639_thumb.

i am not doubting you, i am simply taking nothing for granted. if you are correct and i dont doubt you, then it appears to be an easy choice for sc asset stock,holders

Thank you. Assuming that is correct and it's not news to people more aware than myself, it helps people vote with their feet

Your very welcome. If it's not correct, they've lied to the Stock Exchange in their official reports.

Another significant Shinawatra business is:

j6825.gif
M-Link Asia Corporation
https://www.set.or.th/set/companyprofile.do?symbol=MLINK

It's chockablock full of Shinawatras and Wongsawats (sister Yaowapha's married name) in both management (Thaksin's banned-from-politics-for-lying-about-assets niece Chinnicha is the new CEO; Yingluck's common-law husband, Anusorn, was President) and ownership.

Under the circumstances it smells of investors dumping the stock for fear there will be further damage caused to the brand. Probably an over-reaction but stock markets from New York to Hong Kong tend to over-react in either direction for pretty flimsy reasons. If there was no change in the share prices or if the prices rose, that would suggest someone was painting the tape to cover up the run for the exits. As it is, it seems like a fairly muted response to something that could have caused greater panic.