Thai farmers to target Suvarnabhumi Airport

webfact

I hope they don't block the airports.

If they do, it will become a real serious issue.

Suthep, the mad man even did not try to block the airports because he knows how it can seriously hurt Thailand.

Yingluck is already a loser but maybe she still thinks that she can keep her position.

Everything went too far and uncontrollable. Yingluck has no choice but resign.

Khun Yingkuck, please do all of us a favor.

Do something good in the end.

Come Yingluck, resign now. It is over. You lost.

...and if you still don't like to resign, at least you have to pay the farmers as soon as possible. Or else, the fire will grow bigger and bigger in your yard..

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to admit, it looks impressive with all those tractors. The farmers mean business and I wish them well. Unless you've worked on a rice farm, you would never know just how hard a life it is, let alone worrying about payment after a hard seasons work. They were treated unfairly and enough is enough.

Our family also work their rice farm & it's a hand to mouth existence. I feel sorry for them in having to vote on a constitution (in order to have an election) that ties the hands of a caretaker government. In my mind any government has to function as a government, no matter if its an interim, caretaker or whatever. To force the people into approving this constitution so as to be able to vote only illustrates the crass stupidity of those who framed it!

I know a couple of things; our family wouldn't be able to leave the farm & their animals for so long & neither would they be able to afford to spend so much on fuel on a fruitless protest in Bangkok against a government who have their hands tied by this constitution.

I read the various interpretations of what is going on and wait patiently for the drama to play out. My quessing, fortune telling and conjecture makes no difference in the matter and serves no purpose other than to cloud an already murky situation.

To this end, I wait.

I have to admit, it looks impressive with all those tractors. The farmers mean business and I wish them well. Unless you've worked on a rice farm, you would never know just how hard a life it is, let alone worrying about payment after a hard seasons work. They were treated unfairly and enough is enough.

Our family also work their rice farm & it's a hand to mouth existence. I feel sorry for them in having to vote on a constitution (in order to have an election) that ties the hands of a caretaker government. In my mind any government has to function as a government, no matter if its an interim, caretaker or whatever. To force the people into approving this constitution so as to be able to vote only illustrates the crass stupidity of those who framed it!

I know a couple of things; our family wouldn't be able to leave the farm & their animals for so long & neither would they be able to afford to spend so much on fuel on a fruitless protest in Bangkok against a government who have their hands tied by this constitution.

".........against a government who have their hands tied by this constitution."

..........against a 'government' who should have their hands tied behind their backs.

Looks like they all bought the same exact tracker and all seem to no be too concerned with the wear and tear they are putting on this critical piece of farm equipment.

They are called TRACTORS and they look the same because most of them are Kubota and Yanmar. Maybe a few Fords in there too. I doubt there's a vintage Lamborghini in there though.

No doubt they have taken into consideration the wear and tear, but these little machines are tough. Plus if they have problems they have support teams and they help each other.

Maybe me but if I was a poor farmer in desperate need of money, I would take a much less financial risky and less expensive bus trip or carpool with others or take my pickup truck than taking a vital piece of farm equipment not made for this kind of trip on such a trip and they maybe need to pay for spare parts from the support teams they have riding with them. I understand the statement they are trying to make but they could also make it riding on the back of a bull down to Bangkok and would probably be more effective statement ... then again a poor farmer depending on a bull for his lively hood probably wouldn't want to make such a trip.

Well, the wind is turning towards the pig dung.

These people will do in one day what Suthep has tried to do since December 4th.

Hopefully the farmers siding with the anti government protesters will help to avoid a civil war or separation. Looks like everyone can see the shin clan corruption and will expel the family from Thai politics or better yet-Thailand !!!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

'Tens of thousands of farmers?' -mainly from wealthy provinces such as Ayuthaya and Singburi- out of the how many million farmers in this country?

Again the vocal and well marshalled minority are shouting the loudest.

The remaining millions are bright enough to have worked out that what Mr. Suheps and his puppeteers have in mind for Thailand, does not include subsidies or any help at all for farmers- other than making it even easier for their rich friend to buy the farmers land.

Interesting that you'd take this huge event and basically say it's not huge event.

Maybe just that Singburi is 1.5 hours and Ayuthaya is 2 hours away. Will you have a taste of your foot if the tractors from Issan start rolling in?

I certainly will...but that wont happen - not in any significant numbers. These are gentlemen farmers. rich enough to be able to afford the diesel to get to Bangkok. Say 1,000 B for the round trip, plus food. Or could someone else - some agent provocateur, be paying their costs, or even more?