Will the farmers who put Yingluck in power bring her down?

webfact

One thing is 100% for sure, if Suthep or his bosses, or whomever they deem to be "prime minister" are in power any chance at all that farmers might get paid ever flies out the window. Anyone with even a slender grasp of Thai history knows how the Dems and and their military allies have treated annoying farmers over the past 50 years or so. It wasn't that long ago that bombs were an acceptable means of control for the rural masses.

Edited by Snig27
  • Like 2

One thing is 100% for sure, if Suthep or his bosses, or whomever they deem to be "prime minister" are in power any chance at all that farmers might get paid ever flies out the window. Anyone with even a slender grasp of Thai history knows how the Dems and and their military allies have treated annoying farmers over the past 50 years or so. It wasn't that long ago that bombs were an acceptable means of control for the rural masses.

Oh you mean like fire bombs in Bangkok 2010?

• Like 1

If they had any guts they would , however like all farmers world wide, farmers tend to be conservative, so I wont hold my breath, they all rubbed the hands with glee the other day when money started to flow , naturally there cause had been listened to and fixed , when the money stopped they had to restart there protest, what I am saying here is don't always believe what you hear , see or read in Thailand or anywhere else for that matter , cause you could be very wrong, they must apply tremendous pressure, have a big backing and keep momentum , doubtful this will happen ,Suthep is having trouble with the momentum factor , so prove me wrong rice farmers of Thailand. coffee1.gif

No but that court case might - the do not touch peaceful protestors - hmm little bit different than how you deal with Red protestors but they were not as important. The New York Times has another great article on it by Outside journos who have a much better grasp on the situation than the local Nation porpaganda.

You really should look it up, they thought that if the court case holds that will be the beginning of the end for Yingluck. I trust their judgement far more than any of the local yokels. Looks to be another heavy hot season. Now how do I transfer funds out of the country again // blink.png

Court in Thailand Limits Crackdown on Protesters

The Bangkok court barred the authorities from dispersing protesters one day after violent clashes left five people dead.

cut link ..... NY Times

No but that court case might - the do not touch peaceful protestors - hmm little bit different than how you deal with Red protestors but they were not as important. The New York Times has another great article on it by Outside journos who have a much better grasp on the situation than the local Nation porpaganda.

You really should look it up, they thought that if the court case holds that will be the beginning of the end for Yingluck. I trust their judgement far more than any of the local yokels. Looks to be another heavy hot season. Now how do I transfer funds out of the country again // blink.png

Court in Thailand Limits Crackdown on Protesters

The Bangkok court barred the authorities from dispersing protesters one day after violent clashes left five people dead.

cut link ..... NY Times

Take them with you when you leave

• Like 2

Utter rubbish........

yes only one thing is 100% sure

you live in the past and all the future of Thailand depends on your ability to see the future

Please Note:

When I first met my Thai wife she was a Tasking lover

Now she is protesting against him

The Farmers where the main force behind Yingluck getting to be PM

Now they want her blood

how do you explain these things in you great wisdom that the past tells you what the future holds

"When I first met my Thai wife she was a Tasking lover

Now she is protesting against him"

freudian sliprolleyes.gif

• Like 2

IMO, YL and the red clowns could probably handle Suthep and the protesters and still manage another term as let's face it, they really are just a middle class minority. However, it would now seem that with the majority of the farmers (rice and rubber) against them, PT's time is hopefully doomed!

'inability to pay the 130 billion Baht to farmers' I wonder if big bruv will attempt another pay-off? Somehow, I think not. It really does look like that finally, the tide is turning.

I don't recall the opposition taking farmers crops and declining to pay them for six months (so far).

Look at the rice scheme for what it is: A pit of lies, mismanagement and corruption. The PM is still lying about it, do you support THAT?

Sent from somewhere in the Pacific

• Like 1

I see the thousands of rai of paddy around me here that is close to harvest and wonder what will happen to the rice when it is harvested, where will the farmers sell it ?

The pledging scheme has is finished now and even if it were still in place how could the farmers expect to get paid when so many have not been paid for previous crops.

That leaves selling privately, as they did in the past, but even if they could get a fair market price which is doubtful given the world oversupply and the Govt as their market competitor they would still be in the poo.

And where to then for them, plant another rice crop ? Not so easy to change to another crop as it is to say it.

Yes problems are only just starting for the farmers and for the politicians for what can they do from here on in ?

It will be even worse for the farm workers who are right at the bottom of the heap, no work for them means no money and they have nowhere to go.

• Like 1

Oh you mean like fire bombs in Bangkok 2010?

Oh yes the "fire bombs" that were used extensively? in 2010 that resulted in Bangkok being twinned with Dresden, is that what you mean?

(Caution : sarcasm alert)

They seem to be settling for Ayudhya at the moment and waiting for Gov to meet them there or report to them.. Gestrures are one thing, but a whole week on an E-tann starts to wear thin. Lets see

I bet they never let them line those tractors up again making it easy for us to count them.

10,000 farmers is 100 per tractor

I don't recall the opposition taking farmers crops and declining to pay them for six months (so far).

Look at the rice scheme for what it is: A pit of lies, mismanagement and corruption. The PM is still lying about it, do you support THAT?

A pit of lies not so different from what Prince Mark and his puppetmaster Suthep supported when they were plunked into the country's leadership from 2007-2010. They just got voted out of office before their very derivative policy could run out of money.

No doubt there's been mismanagement and corruption re: the rice pledging. However, Snig's point is, what's going to happen if the Democrats are again plunked into power? Are there going to be financial resources that appear seemingly out of nowhere to pay the farmers? Or are they going to give the farmers the big old shoulder shrug too?

Edited by seminomadic

I see the thousands of rai of paddy around me here that is close to harvest and wonder what will happen to the rice when it is harvested, where will the farmers sell it ?

The pledging scheme has is finished now and even if it were still in place how could the farmers expect to get paid when so many have not been paid for previous crops.

That leaves selling privately, as they did in the past, but even if they could get a fair market price which is doubtful given the world oversupply and the Govt as their market competitor they would still be in the poo.

And where to then for them, plant another rice crop ? Not so easy to change to another crop as it is to say it.

Yes problems are only just starting for the farmers and for the politicians for what can they do from here on in ?

It will be even worse for the farm workers who are right at the bottom of the heap, no work for them means no money and they have nowhere to go.

I would imagine they will do as other unhappy groups have done in the past and set up protest sites out front of Central World!

• Like 1

They seem to be settling for Ayudhya at the moment and waiting for Gov to meet them there or report to them.. Gestrures are one thing, but a whole week on an E-tann starts to wear thin. Lets see

I bet they never let them line those tractors up again making it easy for us to count them.

10,000 farmers is 100 per tractor

What kind of human-being your are, multiple cells or not? cheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

in a short answer: NO.

(mostly because the real farmer will never put in power the democrats)

You can continue the deliberate hate messages against the dems, that's your choice. There is clear evidence that the red 'democracy schools' in the rural NE etc., villages were just deliberate hate the dems lectures with deliberate reruns of doctored audio and video tapes, etc. But perhaps you support such actions?

There is of course another view, there have been many reports in these threads over many years, from farmers, saying that the dems rice policy was good, and it's also been said many times that the corruption level in their scheme was tiny compared to the current rape of the common wealth of all Thais. (Note even tiny corruption is still not OK!)

Will the farmers who put Yingluck in power bring her down?

No.

A well thought out answer, so who will ??? I do not suppose you will say she will do that herself automatically, self destruct, coalition partners breaking their support. or the few thousand MINORITY that have no chance ?? My best guess the reason could be a sudden faked illness, all feeling sorry/how sad etc. save face, love to carry on to help the Thai people ???

whistling.gif