Amazing events signal end days for Thai government

webfact

Another of the amazing events is the press and media ethic.

I hope the Nation can answer in a straightforward manner on whether the article on the URL below was indeed first appeared in Financial Times

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opinion/We-deserve-better-its-time-to-restart-Thailand-30227250.html

If they ignore, then it can be treated that either they lied or that AV lied to them.

Edited 10:03am

I sent an email to Nation to enquire about the authenticity of the claim. What I got was that

DELIVERY FAILURE: Error delivering to editor; Router: Database disk quota exceeded

If they ignore, then it can be treated that either they lied or that AV lied to them

lol ... is The Nation at your beck and call facepalm.gif

cheesy.gif So we can add "The Nation" to the list of coup mongers trying to bring the government down?

I sent an email to Barrock Obama asking him if he thought Thaksin was a dictator. If he ignored my emails it means that Thaksin was a dictator. Guess what? I got no reply!! Turns out Thaksin is a dictator. cheesy.gif

I can see why his ID is Icommunity and not IQ.

President Obama will definitely throw your letter into the rubbish bin. It is your accusation not his and he never implied that either.

The Nation claimed that the article purportedly written by AV and was first appeared in Financial Times. I wrote for their clarification because I could not find the article anywhere in FT.

I think you are highly infested by Thaksinitis and in danger of being a Thaksinphbic. That may be the reasons why you have such low iQ as a result.

Edited by icommunity

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is about much bigger things than politics, and the anti-democratic 'Yellow Shirts' have played their hand brilliantly as they tightened the noose around a democratically elected government. I just worry about the repercussions...

I just cannot believe for one minute that anyone with one single gram of brain-cell really believes that PTP were a "democratically" elected government. They bought bullied and conned their way into power.. now that is backfiring on them big time and the "farang" appologists amongst us farangs cannot see the truth.. Jesus,..... Frustration is the wet nurse of violence. Reap what you sow......wai2.gif

• Like 1

Suthep may win this battle eventually, but the war hasn't even started.

1000 Suthep sponsored farmers on their way to Bangkok, but millions of farmers at home knowing exactly what is going on.

If Suthep gets his people council, it will mean civil war for Thailand.

The Army knows it and that's why they're not pushing Suthep over the finish line.

How do you know this..... words are cheap and this is obviously your wifes view... let her post her own words.. and I would think with your pick of nom de plume, that you have some celtic blood in you...shame on a fellow Celt...

1000 Suthep sponsored farmers on their way to Bangkok, but millions of farmers at home knowing exactly what is going on.

The Army knows it and that's why they're not pushing Suthep over the finish line.

15.000 Farmer, led by a member of the government coalition partners

post-199953-0-92708300-1392959737_thumb.

Richard Borrow reports 30 trucks and 4 buses. Seems we have some issues with numbers The Nation!

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

_ On the other hand, the US, the EU and the UN want a Thai election more than the Thai people do.

yeah blame these pesky farang,

the guy who wrote this article is totally nuts.

Yep. The farang showed them what a Ponzi scheme is.

How do you know this..... words are cheap and this is obviously your wifes view... let her post her own words.. and I would think with your pick of nom de plume, that you have some celtic blood in you...shame on a fellow Celt...

now the farmers have turned their backs on Suthep the Nation don't seem as keen to be posing a new thread and the Numbers game.

Will they say tens of thousands desert Suthep!!! I bet

ShannonT posted

Yup and that is what all this will bring. Once in power I am sure Suthep will issue shoot orders against the Reds like he did in 2010. As Suthep and cronies are not the majority in this country. If they win, they have not set up a very very ugly situation. The Reds will protest and it will hit the fan.

• Like 1

not at all black & white: 260706_1508726571_1705268472_q.jpg

And people clap. Thunderous applause. Whistles blown. Crowds cheering as the Stock Market of Thailand lost billions today and will continue to do so tomorrow, am I'm not only saying companies that have Shinawatra investments but the entire market dumped. The Thai financial system's credibility is shot. Encouraging people to attack banks, panic withdrawals, yep I'm sure foreign investors looking... at this must being saying to themselves, hello Vietnam, hello Singapore, hello Malaysia and Indonesia, Adios Thailand.

So why? Because we are all being programmed now to hate. To not think logically, to declare that there must be a winner and a looser to this fight, to forget that we are killing the patient we are trying to save.

I say this as a commentary to both sides. When do logical people realize that for 7 years it's still the same haves and haves more who have been feeding us the food of hatred so that we may go out and support their quest for victory and power. Again both sides.

I don't understand how the people who lives in the greatest country in SE Asia can crave for this food of hatred so much. We live in a country that has the best beaches, mountains, resources yet we are at a point now where the food of hatred is turning our thing of beauty into a land of waste and destruction.

If you haven't realize it yet please do now. The very fabric of our wonderful society and culture is being ripped apart today to a point where I am afraid we can never sew it back ever again.

With this much hatred and illogical actions going on, how?

Yes I know the simple solution for either side is, well why don't the Shinawatra clan just pick up, move out and get the heck as far away from Thailand as possible. Or, why don't Kumnan Suthep just stop and keep the promise to hang himself. Well sadly and please once and for all come to the realization that neither of these things will ever happen. These 2 sides will never stand down.

So Khun Tom I am sure you are asking yourself what is the point of your ramblings? OK here it is.

I was privileged to be in a meeting today that was made clear that both sides are willing to accept substantial loss of lives to achieve their goals. Read Carefully. BOTH SIDES.

The conclusion seems to be that on the 27th if the courts can do their job and end the situation, blood then must be spilled to finally declare a winner and a looser.

Khun Tom is crazy full of bs. For this one no. This is why at midnight I cannot sleep.

So please tell your friends both sides, the leaders don't care about you. We are all being used. Use logic. To agree to all that is going on now and just follow the heard will only lead to Armagedon.

Don't help either side continue to destroy our economy and Thais killing Thais.

We need to push both sides to the negotiation table before it's to late. We need to end the midst of Win Loose and find a Win Win.

If enough of you are interested I will lead you to see the powers that be on the government side and let your reasonable voices be heard. I am sure that one of you can arrange the same for us to meet with the powers that be on the anti government side.

In America when a friend is hurting themselves through destructive behavior we have what is called intervention. Friends it's time for us to intervened.

My number is on my FB profile call or email me if you would like to be part of the solution to ensure that Thailand doesn't go off the deep end.

Ok so now some of you may be saying what will us meetings with both sides do. To answer your question I don't know. But I do know that it's better then not taking an effort at all. It's doesn't take a mob to change the world it only takes you. Let's tell them we are full, stop feeding us this same old food, it's gone stale.

Meer weergeven

Do you really think that we farangs should or want to "intervene" as you put it ? We are merely tolerated by the state,it doesn't matter who is in power we aren't made to feel wanted, the state doesn't want our input or our integration it wants our money. Many of us have a family here with our own children and support the wife's parents etc. and yet we are ripped of,scammed,lied to and generally made to feel as if we are free game in the wilds of Thailand. No thanks. The situation here has only entertainment value as far as i am concerned. I have a win win already......the falling strength of the Baht.

• Like 1

Australia has the Melbourne cup, the US the Kentucky Derby, England the Royal Ascot but Thailand has them beat with the PTP trough. Where you can watch such champions as Kittyrat, Chalerm and Yingluck in full flight from protestors and farmers. They live up to the legacy of Thailand greatest runner Thaksin the criminal.

Edited by waza

First-rate article. These images - even given the context of recent years - are truly extraordinary. The inspection of the rice silos, which strangely enough may not be able to proceed until after this administration has stepped down - will be as fascinating a quest as the Watergate tapes. They too proved to be elusive for a long time. But they told a compelling story. The attempts to deter inspections of the rice silos also reminds one of Watergate. But at the end of the day, the weight of this scandal will bring this administration down. It wouldn't be surprising if it became the basis of a television movie. Now that would be something !

Edited by Scamper
  • Like 2

After the 1st 2 lines, I did not need to read on further. BlueSky talking here. We get it already, 'Thaksin mai dee'. Anyone defending either the Shinawatra clan or Suthep's movement is part of the problem. Those people may want to look at what's happening in Kiev right now. But then, they probably won't be able to put one and one together. The only thing that gives me hope is that most Thai I speak with are fed up with all this bullshit on both sides. Can we have anyone politically represent this real majority please?

It's typical brainwashing.

I am just surprised to see so many foreigners fall for it.

Most of my Thai friends don't care who is in power, but they all agree that an elected government should serve its time and after 4 years if not popular anymore, they get voted out.

Kiev is what Thailand will become soon,

getting a couple of likes on tv doesnt mean they are real friends ..sorry to burst your bubble sharon enjoy your break..whistling.gif

ShannonT posted

Yup and that is what all this will bring. Once in power I am sure Suthep will issue shoot orders against the Reds like he did in 2010. As Suthep and cronies are not the majority in this country. If they win, they have not set up a very very ugly situation. The Reds will protest and it will hit the fan.

A civil war ? that's a little dramatic don't you think? widespread unrest,blood on the streets,big body count,yes but all out war,i don't think so. England and America have had civil wars,even Finland had one so who are we to deny them their civil rights (so to speak ) afterwards they can hug and kiss and love each other to bits as in their national anthem and all will be well again in the land of smiles.

This is about much bigger things than politics, and the anti-democratic 'Yellow Shirts' have played their hand brilliantly as they tightened the noose around a democratically elected government. I just worry about the repercussions...

A democratically elected, incompetent, self serving, Constitution ignoring, corrupt and aloof government. I don't suppose it would be hard for "yellow shirts", whoever they are, or anyone else to trap this bunch of stooges.

After the 1st 2 lines, I did not need to read on further. BlueSky talking here. We get it already, 'Thaksin mai dee'. Anyone defending either the Shinawatra clan or Suthep's movement is part of the problem. Those people may want to look at what's happening in Kiev right now. But then, they probably won't be able to put one and one together. The only thing that gives me hope is that most Thai I speak with are fed up with all this bullshit on both sides. Can we have anyone politically represent this real majority please?

It's typical brainwashing.

I am just surprised to see so many foreigners fall for it.

Most of my Thai friends don't care who is in power, but tFour co-defendants in the case were the Finance Ministry, the Budget Bureau, the National Economic and Social Development Board and the BAAC.and after 4 years if not popular anymore, they get voted out.

Kiev is what Thailand will become soon,

Shannon, let me say, i agree with your friends, I think the government should serve time as well. I think 10 years apiece at hard labour in rice fields ought to do it.

• Like 1

got to say as an aside.

Thai visa, it must be the only forum i contribute to where the posts, - from both sides I add - are far more better researched and written than the news items they are appended to.

Well done to all reds and yellows here. We do actually learn something some days.... but not from the Nation smile.png

Be great to see press reform in thailand and some real independent media. I hate all the red channels and never even look nowadays as UDD also insult our inteligence . But they obviously think they can win thais over as to Bluesky.

I liken this to the thai hotel adage. customers drop off, so they put up the prices, fewer customers come, prices up again.

Propagana is the same, we started off with a bit and it was discrete, the OP eds in both western media fell flat and were seriously critisised - I got 230 likes when I critisice op ed on BKK post.

So the propagana is increased, but at each stage it is resisted and ridiculed more, so you have a situation like today where they are in total panic and there are reports of tractors and people numbers that defy belief. We counting the tractors and easy to calculate you would need 100 people on each tractor for there to be 10,000 farmers. tens of thousands scream sutheps press. So at it's minimum value, tens of thousands has to be 20,000 farmers, so they are asking us to believe 200 farmers on each tractor.

Drones did their work well there and I bet we don't see them lined up in fours again anytime soon making it easy for us to count.

So now, the press are outed and they know no other way than the old thai way of more of the same, until it implodes.

you realize not all the farmers are on tractors right?

i know theyre farmers but that doesnt mean they have to all be driving tractors. Some probably even have a better car than yo do !

All the posters, particularly those outside the country, who are predicting doomsday when the Govt falls don't understand that Thailand has something that binds all Thai people together. And yes the reset button can be set and probably will be.

This will as has in the past and as usual amaze those such as CNN, BBC and the others who don't understand Thailand. And also probably anger those such as Thaksin and his immediate circle and the likes of mercenaries and opportunists such as Robert Amsterdam.

That would be whiskey

• Like 1

There is medication that can be recommended in cases like this ! Shannon are you from Ireland by chance?

Do you really think that we farangs should or want to "intervene" as you put it ? We are merely tolerated by the state,it doesn't matter who is in power we aren't made to feel wanted, the state doesn't want our input or our integration it wants our money. Many of us have a family here with our own children and support the wife's parents etc. and yet we are ripped of,scammed,lied to and generally made to feel as if we are free game in the wilds of Thailand. No thanks. The situation here has only entertainment value as far as i am concerned. I have a win win already......the falling strength of the Baht.

I noticed today, Suthep on video was all demure and asking the army to put in a neutral leader.... perhaps a soldier... or a sailor... it was very funny given his 'popcorn men' rants the other day. I assume it's because he was hoping for tens of thousands of farmers would save him and they didn't (I'm estimating a max of 2290 people).

I note khunsiam's comment higher up "We need to push both sides to the negotiation table before it's to late. We need to end the midst of Win Loose and find a Win Win."

Let me explain why you must never ever pick a middle ground candidate and replace an elected PM. Never, never ever!

Point 1, Any appointed leader is always a coup!

In a democracy, the voters choose their leader. Leaders who want to lead, compete for those votes. Power vests with the people and they lend it temporarily to politicians of their choice for 4 years.

So really, the only way to appoint a leader is to take away Democracy. You are ignoring the voters choice!

The voters voted for party 15 which is a Yingluk led Pheu Thai. So you put in someone else and you are rejecting their choice! It's not an intervention in that instance, it's a coup, you've ejected the chosen leader the people voted and replaced them with a person you think is better.

Point 2, a middle ground leader, leads to polarized extremes in society

You have 2 factions, you want a middle ground leader between the two factions, so you choose a candidate somewhere in the middle. BIG BIG BIG mistake!

If a group wants to pull this middle ground candidate their way, they can do it by become more and more extreme! So factions move away from the middle ground to the extremes and society becomes polarized! So they fly off to the ridiculous extreme the same way Suthep did, in the hope of dragging the middle ground in their direction!

Yingluk is the only person who can rightfully become Prime Minister, she is the neutral candidate! Suthep is the extremist here. If you reward extremism, you encourage it! Each time they eject the elected Prime Minister, it becomes easier to eject the next elected Prime Minister and the next and the next.

And we should care because.......

Dear brother,

Please make the bed up on the spare room, I will be there shortly.

Lots if love and thank you 3 times

Pu

P.S. have lots of people say they want to come too!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In the (very unlikely) event that turned out to be the case, if I were you I'd worry more about those left behind and their likely response rather than the narrow focus on just a few...but that issue seems lost on the lunatic fringe obsessed with the Shin family

Just out of interest how long have you lived here ( full time ). It might illuminate your posts somewhat. Will you stay behind with the tens of thousands of expats that have made their home here?

There is medication that can be recommended in cases like this ! Shannon are you from Ireland by chance?

She or he is just winding you up as usual. Couldn't even get the numbers right (1000). Hired farmers on tractors, haha. Now I know they said Thai magic mushrooms are potent but..........

• Like 1

When will this woman accept defeat, She has failed in her major campaign statement:

She campaigned on a platform of national reconciliation, poverty eradication, and corporate income tax reduction
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yingluck_Shinawatra
  • National reconciliation, Failed
  • Poverty eradication, Failed
  • corporate income tax reduction, and we all Know who this was to benefit.

The picture that the 'old elite' power using the press and social media to hide is this:

It seems to me that 'popcorn vendors' are being supported and protested by the following:

Judges, appointed senators, officials of independence agencies, the military and the 'old elite' power.

The emerging power of the people know they do not have the support and protection of those mentioned above but do not want to give up liberating themselves from oppression, injustices, being belittled, denigrated, and treated not equal. The feeling of haplessness and bitterness continue to mount - what would you think is the outcome.

War weapons, tanks and judiciary corruption have proved ineffective in silencing them. They emerged very quickly every time soon after the crackdown.

You cannot kill the spirit of the people. You cannot kill the will of the people wanting to be freed and be treated equal.

The emerging power of the people knows they must prevail in enduring the 'pain of gestation' and diligent in following the processes and procedures during this period in order to have a safe and successful delivery.

The activities of emerging power of the people is to protect the 'institutions' beside liberating themselves. While the activities of the 'old elite' power is to protect their own corrupt practices and interests through power and control and will lead to the destruction of the 'institutions' and their own demise.

As my dear old mum used to say.... Utter codswallop. But you are a good story writer...

I noticed today, Suthep on video was all demure and asking the army to put in a neutral leader.... perhaps a soldier... or a sailor... it was very funny given his 'popcorn men' rants the other day. I assume it's because he was hoping for tens of thousands of farmers would save him and they didn't (I'm estimating a max of 2290 people).

I note khunsiam's comment higher up "We need to push both sides to the negotiation table before it's to late. We need to end the midst of Win Loose and find a Win Win."

Let me explain why you must never ever pick a middle ground candidate and replace an elected PM. Never, never ever!

Point 1, Any appointed leader is always a coup!

In a democracy, the voters choose their leader. Leaders who want to lead, compete for those votes. Power vests with the people and they lend it temporarily to politicians of their choice for 4 years.

So really, the only way to appoint a leader is to take away Democracy. You are ignoring the voters choice!

The voters voted for party 15 which is a Yingluk led Pheu Thai. So you put in someone else and you are rejecting their choice! It's not an intervention in that instance, it's a coup, you've ejected the chosen leader the people voted and replaced them with a person you think is better.

Point 2, a middle ground leader, leads to polarized extremes in society

You have 2 factions, you want a middle ground leader between the two factions, so you choose a candidate somewhere in the middle. BIG BIG BIG mistake!

If a group wants to pull this middle ground candidate their way, they can do it by become more and more extreme! So factions move away from the middle ground to the extremes and society becomes polarized! So they fly off to the ridiculous extreme the same way Suthep did, in the hope of dragging the middle ground in their direction!

Yingluk is the only person who can rightfully become Prime Minister, she is the neutral candidate! Suthep is the extremist here. If you reward extremism, you encourage it! Each time they eject the elected Prime Minister, it becomes easier to eject the next elected Prime Minister and the next and the next.

And we should care because.......

Why are you writing here? Do you live in Thailand? If you do, then you should care for many farang care and I want to say many of them I know care passionately.

The picture that the 'old elite' power using the press and social media to hide is this:

It seems to me that 'popcorn vendors' are being supported and protested by the following:

Judges, appointed senators, officials of independence agencies, the military and the 'old elite' power.

The emerging power of the people know they do not have the support and protection of those mentioned above but do not want to give up liberating themselves from oppression, injustices, being belittled, denigrated, and treated not equal. The feeling of haplessness and bitterness continue to mount - what would you think is the outcome.

War weapons, tanks and judiciary corruption have proved ineffective in silencing them. They emerged very quickly every time soon after the crackdown.

You cannot kill the spirit of the people. You cannot kill the will of the people wanting to be freed and be treated equal.

The emerging power of the people knows they must prevail in enduring the 'pain of gestation' and diligent in following the processes and procedures during this period in order to have a safe and successful delivery.

The activities of emerging power of the people is to protect the 'institutions' beside liberating themselves. While the activities of the 'old elite' power is to protect their own corrupt practices and interests through power and control and will lead to the destruction of the 'institutions' and their own demise.

As my dear old mum used to say.... Utter codswallop. But you are a good story writer...

As my dear old mum used to say in the face of unkind criticism .... MaiPenRai.

When will this woman accept defeat, She has failed in her major campaign statement:

She campaigned on a platform of national reconciliation, poverty eradication, and corporate income tax reduction
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yingluck_Shinawatra
  • National reconciliation, Failed
  • Poverty eradication, Failed
  • corporate income tax reduction, and we all Know who this was to benefit.

When will this woman accept defeat? Never!

She won. Your guy lost. She doesn't need to accept anything.

Did you think a few false claims and talking points was enough to kill democracy in Thailand?

Tell your talking points to the voters at the next election.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger
  • Like 1

My dear old mum used to say......"Its just a phase he's going through" Thai's do get emotional don't they,they are a mirror image of their country....."more show than substance".

They love their king yet his loyal officials cheat and take bribes, they love their religion and yet many drink alcohol to excess and take drugs, they love their Thai "brothers and sisters"and yet are willing to kill at the drop of a hat for a perceived loss of face, they love their country but litter it with garbage without a thought.

I think Buddha must love them because they are so funny .

• Like 2