Pattaya Beach hotel suggestions? On the water only

Scarpolo

Gents,

I am looking to get some sun and surf, and away from bkk, which appears to be near to be set on fire?

Any good hotels, on the water, that I should consider, and others I should avoid?

I am going with my current g/f, so, location to brothels, not needed~!

thanks,

Steve

Pattaya beaches are not much to look at and you will be close to the night life anywhere along the beach. Jomtien, slightly better beaches, Rabbit Resort gets good reviews. For a proper beach holiday you need to go to one of the islands, Koh Samet or Koh Chang would be my recommendation.

• Like 1

Unfortunately for some, the best of the best Beach Road hotels are surrounded and submerged by brothels and more. You have to literally beat the ladies of the night (and day) and their patrons off with a shitty stick just getting in and out of these places. Shocking! Horrible! Disgusting!

It is such a shame since the pristine waters of the Gulf as it laps the dazzling white beaches beside the main road boardwalk are so inviting too.

PS. Come alone. You'll thank yourself for it.

Now that the chum (troll bait) has been cast on the waters, why doesn't the OP ask for the mods to move the post to the Pattaya Forum where there's a much higher likelihood of getting a reasonable response and recommendations from non-haters that actually live in and around Pattaya versus the usual suspects in Chiang Mai and the like who despise Pattaya and anyone associated with the place despite their never, ever having visited the place.

Unfortunately for some, the best of the best Beach Road hotels are surrounded and submerged by brothels and more. You have to literally beat the ladies of the night (and day) and their patrons off with a shitty stick just getting in and out of these places. Shocking! Horrible! Disgusting!

It is such a shame since the pristine waters of the Gulf as it laps the dazzling white beaches beside the main road boardwalk are so inviting too.

PS. Come alone. You'll thank yourself for it.

Have a thai g/f, so want to stay clear of the outdoor sex flea market,

the islands sound better, but if the water is truly bad, I would rather go somewhere else?

Forget Pattaya. Especially if you want to swim. Wouldnt let my dog swim in that water!

I do want to swim for sure,

if that is not possible in Pattaya,

I dont have a preference,

I don't want to be by all the hooker bars though,

they get annoying

All the beaches are <deleted>, it is just that Jomtien beach is marginally less shitty. The islands are less shitty than Jomtien but you run the risk of dodgy, overcrowded ferry boats to commute.

Meanwhile, back to reality. The hotel 'on the water only' is a deception since apart from most coastal-dwelling Brazilians, who spends all the hours of the day on a beach and in the surf?

So now, without getting into gory details, it comes down to what does the OP and his 'current g/f' plan on doing in the odd hours between swimming and sleeping. It also depends to what degree the OP (and his g/f) consider as 'in your face' with regard to brothels and hooker bars.

A 3000 baht hotel will get you a clean place WITH ITS OWN POOL which is much healthier. Try the Holiday Inn, The Wave (new) or The Stay (just off Beach Road on Soi 10).

PS. It is odd the OP specifically mentioned his g/f as being 'current'... it is almost as if... in Pattaya? No! Surely not?

Edited by NanLaew

All the beaches are <deleted>, it is just that Jomtien beach is marginally less shitty. The islands are less shitty than Jomtien but you run the risk of dodgy, overcrowded ferry boats to commute.

Meanwhile, back to reality. The hotel 'on the water only' is a deception since apart from most coastal-dwelling Brazilians, who spends all the hours of the day on a beach and in the surf?

So now, without getting into gory details, it comes down to what does the OP and his 'current g/f' plan on doing in the odd hours between swimming and sleeping. It also depends to what degree the OP (and his g/f) consider as 'in your face' with regard to brothels and hooker bars.

A 3000 baht hotel will get you a clean place WITH ITS OWN POOL which is much healthier. Try the Holiday Inn, The Wave (new) or The Stay (just off Beach Road on Soi 10).

PS. It is odd the OP specifically mentioned his g/f as being 'current'... it is almost as if... in Pattaya? No! Surely not?

If the beaches are shit, and the water is bad, I cannot fathom interest at all,

the hookers and bar scene is not fun for me

If the beaches are shit, and the water is bad, I cannot fathom interest at all,

the hookers and bar scene is not fun for me

Bugger me you MUST be new if you missed Pattaya's crap beaches. Then again, you seem to know all about the brothels and hooker bars...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Forget Pattaya. Especially if you want to swim. Wouldnt let my dog swim in that water!

they get annoying

If you don't want to be in the middle of hooker bars just don't go to Pattaya at all - no other reason to go there on holiday IMO.

The other beaches and islands near Bangkok are much quieter it's true but personally that's what I like in a beach holiday.

If you want hyper-development, at least in Phuket and Samui you can get away from the Patong scene.

Nicest are the islands from Ko Lanta on up to Phuket, ordinary ferry boats let you explore, no need to pre-book anything.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

they get annoying

If you don't want to be in the middle of hooker bars just don't go to Pattaya at all - no other reason to go there on holiday IMO.

The other beaches and islands near Bangkok are much quieter it's true but personally that's what I like in a beach holiday.

If you want hyper-development, at least in Phuket and Samui you can get away from the Patong scene.

Nicest are the islands from Ko Lanta on up to Phuket, ordinary ferry boats let you explore, no need to pre-book anything.

Am going to scratch Pattaya as, I dont want trouble, just to relax at a beach I can swim in, and have some decent restaurants and bars, without bar girls

If you want an Island, don't particularly want to swim (most Thai girls don't want to) ... try this.

My Thai gf and I visited here ... koh-sichang-boring-or-brilliant

South of Bangkok ... north of Pattaya.

Not many Westerners .. we didn't see any for the couple of days we were there.

I have a thai g/f, and just want the beach, and her. I have no interest in anyone from the west or being in the tourist areas...

She speaks the language, I like the food, its all good in LOS

• Like 1

If you want an Island, don't particularly want to swim (most Thai girls don't want to) ... try this.

I have a thai g/f, and just want the beach, and her. I have no interest in anyone from the west or being in the tourist areas...

There is a serious disconnect between what I wrote and what you responded with ... facepalm.gif

Without exception, the Thai girls I know don't prefer the beach, to lay on the sand and let the suns rays kiss their native skin and make them go from a Chinese white skin to the hardened tanned leather of a rice paddy girl ... no thanks.

Most of them don't swim and simply wade in up to their knees.

When you are thinking the Maldives and what it means to you with that beautiful sun, swaying coconut palms and crystal clear water ... the Thai girl most likely doesn't give a toss.

We (I'm the only Westerner) 2 couples, 3 single Thai girls and 1 single Thai man went to a beach resort ... the girls got dressed up for the beach photos. during the entire 3 days we were there, not one tow dipped in the water.

So, if you are thinking romance and her and a laying on beach towel getting a nice tan ... facepalm.gif

• Like 1

There is a serious disconnect between what I wrote and what you responded with ... facepalm.gif

Without exception, the Thai girls I know don't prefer the beach, to lay on the sand and let the suns rays kiss their native skin and make them go from a Chinese white skin to the hardened tanned leather of a rice paddy girl ... no thanks.

Most of them don't swim and simply wade in up to their knees.

When you are thinking the Maldives and what it means to you with that beautiful sun, swaying coconut palms and crystal clear water ... the Thai girl most likely doesn't give a toss.

We (I'm the only Westerner) 2 couples, 3 single Thai girls and 1 single Thai man went to a beach resort ... the girls got dressed up for the beach photos. during the entire 3 days we were there, not one tow dipped in the water.

So, if you are thinking romance and her and a laying on beach towel getting a nice tan ... facepalm.gif

She has already told me, she wont go in the sun, and she doesnt swim,

the closest I will get her to water, is in a private pool,

She has a killer body but wont let anyone see her in a bathing suit,

The ocean swim, is for me

• Like 1