Yingluck goes on the offensive as battle gets tougher

webfact

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see a good end to this. If either side gains control, it's still graft and chaos. On the one hand there is proper democracy which might leave the Shinawatra clan in charge, on the other is anti-democracy Suthep.

I don't even see a lesser of two evils.

You're clearly not allowing yourself to see the potential advancements that could be made because you regard the current situation under the Shin clan as being a "proper democracy"...!!

Actually I meant by a vote of the people which might elect the Shinawatras rather than Suthep who won't run for election taking over by more of a coup.

I don't see either as a viable alternative for Thailand.

My best hope is that Shinawatra resigns or is kicked out, and a whole new field of candidates runs for election. Would they also be corrupt? I don't know.

What a brave darling of Issan she is, taking the offensive from a keyboard. Show some leadership and call a press conference and make these claims in person and back them up by answering the hard questions. After all Poo has the ice-cream gang and her caddy backing her up.

"What a brave darling of Issan she is,.taking the offensive from a keyboard"

And Mr Waza what exactly are you then? Aren't you a keyboard warrior'?

• Like 2

So now she wants the antu graft to fire someone because they dont support the current gov. She wants every group within the gov to be a PTP member so she can do what she wants and now she wants the group that does the checks and balances to all be her supporters. Me thinks she worres that someone has some hidden fears about getting caught. Good that the anti graft committee ignored her requests to fire him.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This would be the same the world over, except only banana republics have representatives that work in this way.

I'm glad she is talking this out and through facebook as well. Let sutheps media bore its readership rigid with his propaganda and let the other side come out on FB,

By far best way to get news to the population and everybody is doing it.... Dems, Korn, UDD, PRDC, thaidcmd are just a few I follow on twitter and FB. (yes, I do read everything everybody has to say).

Meanwhile the Nation can fill its pages with tales of rice, tens of thousands of farmers, 6 million man marches and ruin further any little credibility it had.

• Like 2

Nice move by Yingluck in making the NACC the centre of the accountability argument.

Just why has abisits case not moved for years but she is suddenly fast tracked to the top of the agenda.

Answers please NACC members, International community awaiting

The NACC has replied.

I'm sure Obama is riveted

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Good, about time she started talking tough.

Next, face to face confrontation with Suthep.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

she hasn't got the sack for that.

On a side note: How incredibly pathetic is it that all these "Leaders of Government" make their political "Stances and Announcements" on their FaceBook page instead of publicly. whistling.gifgiggle.gif

How incredibly pathetic you didn't read the piece properly <quote> Her first salvo directed at the anti-graft body in relation to the controversial rice-pledging scheme came in the form of a Facebook comment posted on Thursday. This was after she had delivered a public address earlier. <end quote>

Read the last sentence aloud to yourself and then find a cutsie emoticon to suit your stupidity.

• Like 1

Yingluk should be very direct with the facts. She should call them out BEFORE the NACC takes action. Call them out not only to thai citizens but to the Intl community. Why cant the UN or other independent authorities be there to have impartial observation of the law/ procedures. Put the pressure back on the NACC.

Good idea, let the UN check the books.

• Like 1

Yingluk should be very direct with the facts. She should call them out BEFORE the NACC takes action. Call them out not only to thai citizens but to the Intl community. Why cant the UN or other independent authorities be there to have impartial observation of the law/ procedures. Put the pressure back on the NACC.

I would love to see the UN check the books. Do you really think there is a direct link back to Yingluk? I doubt she has any dirty intentions or dirty hands. The "Corruption" is going to be some low level dealings at the silos. You just wait. Nothing to do with Yingluk or Finance Dept. Oh..and of course, the people making the claims will be the irate farmer that "Knows all". We shall see. Obviously, I would not support Yingluk if she had a "Master PLan? for corruption. I highly doubt this to be the case. You can say the plan was ill conceived, and use your vote to remove Yingluk from office. Just don't blame the PM for low level thievery that she has no knowledge of.

So now she wants the antu graft to fire someone because they dont support the current gov. She wants every group within the gov to be a PTP member so she can do what she wants and now she wants the group that does the checks and balances to all be her supporters. Me thinks she worres that someone has some hidden fears about getting caught. Good that the anti graft committee ignored her requests to fire him.

This would be the same the world over, except only banana republics have representatives that work in this way.

I'm glad she is talking this out and through facebook as well. Let sutheps media bore its readership rigid with his propaganda and let the other side come out on FB,

By far best way to get news to the population and everybody is doing it.... Dems, Korn, UDD, PRDC, thaidcmd are just a few I follow on twitter and FB. (yes, I do read everything everybody has to say).

Meanwhile the Nation can fill its pages with tales of rice, tens of thousands of farmers, 6 million man marches and ruin further any little credibility it had.

By far FB is the absolute worst way to send news to everyone unless you are looking for gossip, self serving propoganda, and misinformation. To think that some foreigner actually believes what they read on some political page in FB truly amazes me.

So if YL posts in her FB page that she will give every farang a million baht if they take a photo with her i am sure you will be first in line.

The rest of the world would trust what a bum in the street says before they believe what is said in FB

I am not saying the news reporting in thailand is good especially since YL and the PTP leaders are still in a SOE and censoring is their perogative. But i would surely believe it more than FB.

By the way? What are you doing wasting your time here when you clearly prefer the sensationalism of FB?

The U.N. is not her father ... it runs in the family ! facepalm.gif

I would love to see the UN check the books. Do you really think there is a direct link back to Yingluk? I doubt she has any dirty intentions or dirty hands. The "Corruption" is going to be some low level dealings at the silos. You just wait. Nothing to do with Yingluk or Finance Dept. Oh..and of course, the people making the claims will be the irate farmer that "Knows all". We shall see. Obviously, I would not support Yingluk if she had a "Master PLan? for corruption. I highly doubt this to be the case. You can say the plan was ill conceived, and use your vote to remove Yingluk from office. Just don't blame the PM for low level thievery that she has no knowledge of.

Low level theft? Use TV search function, and type in Forbes.

Yingluck has stated categorically that there is no corruption in the scheme. None. Just another white lie maybe.

'Double standards'

She also alleged that the NACC had only spent 21 days studying the case before deciding to press charges.

She also drew comparisons with a similar case filed against former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva in 2009, pointing out that the NACC had made no progress so far.

She went on to say her request to replace a member of the scrutinising committee who was clearly against her government had got no response from the agency.

NACC, EC, Judges, all the so called independent "checks and balances" dont work for Thailand or the people or the constitution or the law.... they are puppets of the elites, mostly put into power via and as a result of the 2006 coup for the military to protect their interests.

So what you are saying is that everyone in gov that is not pulling for YL has to be a puppet for the elite thais. Whereas everyone who doesnt support YL thinks she and the PTP are puppets of Thaksin.

This will never end.

She went on to say her request to replace a member of the scrutinising committee who was clearly against her government had got no response from the agency.

Is that like the civil servant that blew the whistle on corruption in the scheme that got replaced? Can't have people saying bad things about the government, can we?

• Like 1

Nice move by Yingluck in making the NACC the centre of the accountability argument.

Just why has abisits case not moved for years but she is suddenly fast tracked to the top of the agenda.

Answers please NACC members, International community awaiting

Welcome aboard "TheClog"

Good to see another red supporter on TV your chums were being ambushed and and taken hostage by the might pen (well ... keyboard).

You may need to radio back to HQ and requisition more support as your front line position is retreating.

Take no prisoners!

Spread no propaganda!

Comrades in arms!

Look into the facts of the investigation by the NACC only came to a decision after removing a member that other member said held up their Strictly by the book, indepth, 21 day legal investigation!

Me thinks you thinks wrong, look up the fact ,I Know you will disregard them,but look it up so you know the truth!

Cheers

Edited by kikoman
  • Like 1

Look into the facts of the investigation by the NACC only came to a decision after removing a member that other member said held up their Strictly by the book, indepth, 21 day legal investigation!

Me thinks you thinks wrong, look up the fact ,I Know you will disregard them,but look it up so you know the truth!

Cheers

Methinks that if you have "Facts" that we should be aware of, you should be prepared to share them with us...!!

• Like 1

Because everyone is going to just say, if there was NO EVIDENCE of corruption, then the NACC could never charge her.

Obviously they didn't have any EVIDENCE to charge Abhisit.

Yingluck and the PTP were so obvious in their theft and scamming with their 'we can do anything we want' attitude, that it has been incredibly easy to find enough evidence to charge them remarkably quickly.

While Yingluck is pushing her neck out saying 'hey, why us and not them?' She is really saying, 'OK.... we stole loads, but it's not fair that we are the ones who are getting punished'.

Stop complaining about the EC, they are doing what they can in highly unusual and unprecedented election circumstances that YOU created because you called the elections in the first place while more than half the country was against them before reform which can be proved by the massive 'no votes', 'no shows' and disruptions..... Even in the face of this, you refused to postpone them.

You are a caretaker government and you have messed up just about everything you have touched, you have lost this country well in excess of a trillion baht and ruined the biggest industry in Thailand that feeds a huge swathe of the country.

You are the devil.

• Like 1

...stop the nonsense....this 'person' does absolutely nothing on her own......

...but with their hands still in the cookie jars...of course, her side... will spare no expense...working 'round the clock....with the Thai peoples money...

...to keep this charade going.....

...corruption has been established...where is impeachment.....

...never mind 'new tactics'...'new strategy'....'on the offensive'....

...playing games while the Thai people....and Thailand's future....hang in the balance.....

'Double standards'

She also alleged that the NACC had only spent 21 days studying the case before deciding to press charges.

She also drew comparisons with a similar case filed against former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva in 2009, pointing out that the NACC had made no progress so far.

NACC, EC, Judges, all the so called independent "checks and balances" dont work for Thailand or the people or the constitution or the law.... they are puppets of the elites, mostly put into power via and as a result of the 2006 coup for the military to protect their interests.

So then by your reckoning the Government should have total control?

hmmm.... that sounds like a dictatorship to me. giggle.gif

So much for your democracy cries...

• Like 1

not sure if english is not your first language or you dont understand the meaning of independent... but anyhow... next time before you comment have a think before you press post.

Edited by moonao
  • Like 1