Scooter / big bike different treated by other road users

robblok

I wonder about something and wonder if other big bike users who also drive scooters notice the same.

When I am splicing lanes in a traffic jam on the big bike cars seem to make way for me especially if i rev up a bit (give a bit of sound), but when i drive my scooter cars seem to have absolutely not give way when they block you acting more aggressive towards you.

I notice the same in driving outside of traffic that cars seem to give me more room on the big bike and seem to notice me more.

I have a standard exhaust on the big bike and I doubt its all about sound, maybe because its bigger and more expensive that they give way ?

• Like 1

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

..and if parking at Emporium in Mercedes one gets treated differently to if one turns up in a Toyota.

Pointless thread?

If you say so, for me it was not always so apparent. I just wanted to know it was not my imagination. Sorry for wasting your time and bandwidth.

• Like 1

Wow 4 headlights.... if i was a bit more technical / competent instead of the a technical idiot I am I would install HID lights in my Ninja too. I have seen sets on ebay that i like a lot.

If you need any help, PM me.

Easy to do with relay and fuse or circuit breaker. You just have to figure out where/how you want to mount them and I can give you a real simple schematic.

Wow 4 headlights.... if i was a bit more technical / competent instead of the a technical idiot I am I would install HID lights in my Ninja too. I have seen sets on ebay that i like a lot.

If you need any help, PM me.

Easy to do with relay and fuse or circuit breaker. You just have to figure out where/how you want to mount them and I can give you a real simple schematic.

Thanks for the offer i might just take you up on it. Thanks so far.

It's about size. most of the time, the bigger the more priority.

altho very nice cars and super bikes do get much more respect on the road.

my scooter is sitting for a month already, dont touch because everytime I try to ride scooter, I almost get into trouble, lol, believing im still on the big one, but Im NOT.

my scooter is sitting for a month already, dont touch because everytime I try to ride scooter, I almost get into trouble, lol, believing im still on the big one, but Im NOT.

I use the scooter for the local shopping trips.. easier for parking as the big bike for sure especially near the local fresh market and easier to take stuff with me too.

The problem with your average scooter rider is that they are constantly in and out, changing direction, without much sense over whether they are about to die or not.

A bike rider will be treated with differently as they could be seen as more skilled, the bike certainly has more presence.

Another annoying thing with scooter riders is when they filter to the front of standing and slow traffic, they then decide to go slow when the traffic takes off / speed increases, which will make car drivers impatient, adding to more danger.

I drive a car, and have 30 years of riding bikes and the advantage in traffic is to filter, but very dangerous at the lights if on a scooter - you just get gobbled up.

The best thing to do at the front of the lights is to <deleted> off quickly.

I hate scooters, to ride in traffic and to be around in traffic when driving a car.

I think everyone should be issued with a Z1000, then there are no impatient and dangerous drivers, but 1000's of Valentino Rossi's biggrin.png

• Like 1

@soihok

I am never away first at any traffic light.. it could kill me.. too many red light runners. I wait for the scooters to go and a bit later go.

Anyway a scooter will usually outpace a car from the traffic lights takes a while for the cars to catch up. Seen it millions of times.

• Like 1

@soihok

I am never away first at any traffic light.. it could kill me.. too many red light runners. I wait for the scooters to go and a bit later go.

Anyway a scooter will usually outpace a car from the traffic lights takes a while for the cars to catch up. Seen it millions of times.

I understand mate.

Its those that don't take the incentive to go for it that are in danger.

Riding a bike (I mean a bike) I ride offensively, make sure the bike is loud and lights on. Been doing it for 30 years.

Bright lights work well just like RubberSideDown says. I have 3 900 lumen LED that I upgraded to from 50W H3 bulbs. That made a big difference; drivers give me more room and fewer will change lanes in front if me when I give them time to see me.

I have stock exhaust on my GS, pretty sure it ain't that loud.

Sent - how is not that important...

Edited by DualSportBiker

There is actually a force field around a Benz or BMW.

Bright lights work well just like RubberSideDown says. I have 3 900 lumen LED that I upgraded to from 50W H3 bulbs. That made a big difference; drivers give me more room and fewer will change lanes in front if me when I give them time to see me.

Speaking of lights, I have seen metered taxi's, private tour buses like in soihoks avatar, and other private vehicles use red and blue flashing lights on the front of their vehicles. I always do my best to block them.

Edited by NomadJoe

I think that riders of big bikes have a certain balls-out aura. An 'I'll punch off your wing mirror if you <deleted> with me' thing going on. Even the BIB sometimes don't mess with them. After all, it takes a fair bit of confidence and physicality to ride one of these beasts through traffic or blasting down the highway. wai.gif

Scooter riders on the on the hand are little fairy gaylords. giggle.gif

• Like 1

Speaking of lights, I have seen metered taxi's, private tour buses like in soihoks avatar, and other private vehicles use red and blue flashing lights on the front of their vehicles. I always do my best to block them.

All those strange breaking lights can be awfully distracting and annoying on taxis and cars.

I think that riders of big bikes have a certain balls-out aura. An 'I'll punch off your wing mirror if you <deleted> with me' thing going on. Even the BIB sometimes don't mess with them. After all, it takes a fair bit of confidence and physicality to ride one of these beasts through traffic or blasting down the highway. wai.gif

We all know why you own your bike whistling.gif

Not sure what this 'says', but I confess to liking being brighter and seeing more... I almost never ride at night, and normally only use 2 30º lights. The 3rd light is a 15º spot and I can light the top of Le Bua hotel when I loosen it and goof around.

Almost never, but I did leave Bkk at 15:00 for a run to Nong Khai in December. Arrived at 21:10 covered in bugs, but no heart stopping moments on the way...

The pics are in order: stock beam in normal mode, stock plus 2 30º LED, stock plus all 3 LED. I think taken from around 50 meters...

post-141207-0-34708000-1393401362_thumb.

Edited by DualSportBiker

"Scooter riders on the on the hand are little fairy gaylords." Well, your obviously hanging with the wrong scooter riders.....unless you like it like that! wink.png

"Scooter riders on the on the hand are little fairy gaylords." Well, your obviously hanging with the wrong scooter riders.....unless you like it like that! wink.png

Seems more like he admires the balls of big bike riders... thumbsup.gif