Lite Beer

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trat?!?!

I thought all the anti-government protesters were rich elite in Bangkok or radical Deep Southerners according to several TV experts.

Sad to say!

When they stray out of their stronghold of Bangkok, and attempt to recreate in other parts of the country the havoc they created in Bangkok under the protection of the Rich E.E allies, they will be met with resistance,

Cheers

As weird as this post is, kikoman has a point. While the reds will accept anti-government demonstrations in the capital, they turn to violence when people in the provinces turn against them. This is a behavior they have shown earlier, although not as strongly as in this case. If the impression of massive support from the provinces vane, the whole concept of broad support for Thaksin will disappear. The cadres have to be kept in line, or else they must die. The great masters Pol Pot and Mao Zedong have shown how to do this. The reds of Thailand are just following their example.

If that's what you think (Pol Pot) don't be seen wearing glasses.

Trat?!?!

I thought all the anti-government protesters were rich elite in Bangkok or radical Deep Southerners according to several TV experts.

Sad to say!

When they stray out of their stronghold of Bangkok, and attempt to recreate in other parts of the country the havoc they created in Bangkok under the protection of the Rich E.E allies, they will be met with resistance,

Cheers

You sound quite pleased this happened to the PDRC. You and your likes have some maladjusted thinking if you really believe this kind of violence is ok.

Just because they attacked someone who thinks and feels differently about politics doesnt make it ok to hurt them. Next you will be thinking its ok to kill someone if they dont follow the REDS.

If it is your way or no way then you are the beginnings of a Hitler regime.

My suggestion to kikoman and jollyman and other who feel this way is to seek emergency psycholigical medical treatment

Im sure the doctors can find a cure for RED BLINDNESS.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There are none so blind as he who will not see Edited by Bluespunk

I look forward to caretaker-FM Surapong justifying or 'explaining' these violent attacks on peaceful political-meetings of anti-government people, during his proposed world-tour of 'important' countries.

Peaceful??? The anti govt leader is showing off about using automatic weapons to fight anyone who gets in his way

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Hasn't this been the strategy all along?

Set Thai people against Thai people, then the army comes in and grabs power, really just another front for a military coup!

Suthep will be there with his crocodile tears and the next day he'll be ramping up the veiled 'popcorn shooter' threats again, and more tshirts with 'popcorn army' on them to try to stir up anger.

Oh he just made another 'popcorn men' threat on Channel 3, and said he's invite them to dinner. Just now. Turn on channel 3, he's doing a full on attempt to forment civil war.

He's trying to get a military coup by formenting violence.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger
  • Like 1

It would appear that many have lost sight of the real problem in Thailand and people can only view issues and events through their partisan sun shades.

This country claims to be be democratic, however, it would appear that whatever democracy they think they have is easily eclipsed by anarchy.

Vehicles of armed men enter a public area where some are exercising their constitutional rights in a peaceful protest against what has been clearly highlighted as a failed government. The attackers then fire into the crowd and throw grenades.

In any country where democracy is real and not simply a cosmetic banner this would constitute front page news and would be abhorred by all regardless of their political affiliations,however, in this society where there is more coverage in skin whitening treatments it is simply dismissed as just another day in paradise . As such it becomes an excepted manner of behavior and takes it's place as just another facet of Thai -ness.

• Like 1

We know who benefits if this attack brings a military coup a step closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

just when everyone though that the scum could not sink any lower we get this sh*t.
Address the point I make. This was a calculated attack. So who benefits if it causes the military to step in?

Of course you don't like the answer

Maybe you should read the report a bit more closely before posting

Which of the thousands of reports I've read over the last few months doesn't still add up to the same result .... you hurt people continually and eventually they'll fight back .... you unfortunately think the reds are the only people unhappy with Suthep ... by now there must be so many more people wanting to hurt him and the professionally armed protestors for all the pain they suffered at his hands

• Like 1

If you say so but he was justifying this violence.. by putting cause and effect into play. Obviously he and I have a different idea about cause and effect.

Let me 1st say, this is a sick attack & a tragedy. Also, the situation Thailand finds itself in is tragic & I can only hope for some peaceful solution, no matter how unlikely it looks.

But as for stating this is clearly the work of Thaksin; that is just drivel.

By far the most outrageous and blatant acts of violence we have seen since the start of this movement have been from the protesters side and from the soldiers supporting them. 4 soldiers have already been charged with attempted murder after a drive by shooting. Suthep has openly stated that he 'loves' soldiers armed with war weapons paralysing innocent bystanders. I think you should look through your hate mist for Thaksin & see this movement & its leader for what it is.

You are either deluded or in denial.

Of the over 600 wounded and 18(?) deaths till now, the vast majority have fallen on the protesters side, or are the continuing grenade attacks and shootings of rally sites not outrageous and blatant acts of violence? The deaths of two police officers, while still not clear who is responsible, have been roundly condemned by all sides here as unacceptable.

Slight correction: the 4 soldiers implicated by the one confessing witness have not been charged, but questioned. The suggestion that 4 trained soldiers would hire an untrained 'extra-man' to carry out such a sensitive operation is in itself questionable, but if they are guilty let them be sentenced.

• Like 1

Gunmen kill girl, wound dozens at Thai anti-govt rally

BANGKOK, February 23, 2014 (AFP) - A five-year-old girl was killed and 30 other people were wounded after gunmen sprayed bullets on an anti-government rally in eastern Thailand, police said Sunday.

The attack marks the latest flaring of political violence in the deeply polarised kingdom, where months of anti-government rallies have been marred by sporadic gun and grenade attacks by unknown assailants.

Gunmen on two pick-up trucks opened fire on a packed market place late Saturday in Khao Saming district of Trat province where an anti-government rally was taking place, according to police lieutenant Thanaphum Naewanit.

"A five-year old girl was shot and died later while 30 other people were injured," he said, adding the shooting was believed to be politically motivated.

"The aim was to disturb the rally," he said.

Television footage showed dozens of upturned plastic chairs at the rally site and abandoned street stalls after people fled the shooting in panic.

Fears of widespread violence have intensified in step with ongoing protests to topple Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, with tensions soaring on both sides of Thailand's stark political divide.

Most of the violence has taken place in or around Bangkok, where protesters are carrying out a self-styled "shutdown" of several key intersections across the city centre.

Seventeen people have been killed, both protesters and policemen, and hundreds injured in gunfire and grenade blasts linked to demonstrations.

New York-based Human Rights Watch accused both police and protesters of using live ammunition in clashes last week in Bangkok's historic district in which five people were killed and dozens wounded.

Yingluck is under intense pressure from various legal challenges as well as the street protests demanding her resignation.

She faces charges of neglect of duty over a controversial rice subsidy scheme that could see her removed from office.

Protesters accuse Yingluck's billionaire family of using taxpayers' money to buy the loyalty of rural voters through populist policies such as the rice scheme.

They are demanding she steps down to make way for a temporary unelected council that would oversee loosely defined reforms to tackle corruption and alleged vote-buying.

Her government was last week also banned from using force against peaceful demonstrators by a court ruling which government officials said crippled their powers to handle the mounting violence.

Thailand has been scored by deep political divisions since a military coup in 2006 ousted then-premier Thaksin Shinawatra -- Yingluck's older brother.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-02-23

All violence must be condemned.

From this common point we can look back at events leading up to this and some common things.

Firstly, children should not be anywhere near to political protests, and protest leaders should discourange parents taking children to politicial protests. Sadly protest leaders see children and old people and monks as their "human shields" and so do not discourage irresponsible parents from taking children. They then milk the media should a child get hurt or worst still killed.

Secondly, it is disgraceful for Suthep and the PDRC to be mocking the police and government claiming they have popcorn warriers defending them who will kill and shoot police. This outrageous behaviour will stop many police from being too close to and therefore protecting protestors and protests. This outrageous behaviour will incite violence from a core element of Thai society that is violent. We all know that some police are linked with criminals, as are the Army as are the Elite of Bangkok as are politicians of all parties (just like the PDRC have thier popcorn warriers). They all have the power to put their criminal friends into gear to go out and shoot and kill for them - the outrageous mocking and batiing by Suthep has perhaps (and maybe not) led to this attack. Everyone should hang their heads in shame, the person who should do so the most is Suthep, his speeches of the last days have led to this.

Thirdly, its is disgraceful to read people accuse red shirts of doing this. Without a single shred of evidence they feel they can justify their own hate by blaiming the people they hate for doing something like this. Many people have been wronged by the PDRC and their protests. The police, the government, many business owners, many companies, many powerful politicians, many individuals, many voters or would be voters expressing their desire for democracy - there is a very long list of millions of people who feel they have been wronged by the PDRC's antics.

Fourthly there is always the potential for people who want military intervention to do false flag attacks to support this.

Nobody knows the truth as it stands and nobody knows who is to blame, but everyone has to condemn violence and condemn those who openly speak of supporting violence or having armed people in thier midst ready to shoot and kill.

In my opinion all of that, of course.

Maybe you should get just an ounce of information before telling people not to bring their children to be part of protests.

RT@tukky_nt: The mother of the girl died in #TratAttack said they were not there for rally but washing dishes at her mother's noodle stall. via #Ch3

• Like 2

just when everyone though that the scum could not sink any lower we get this sh*t.
Address the point I make. This was a calculated attack. So who benefits if it causes the military to step in?

But then again, who benefits if it scares the protesters and makes them go home?

Edited by monkeycountry

Maybe you should read the report a bit more closely before posting

Which of the thousands of reports I've read over the last few months doesn't still add up to the same result .... you hurt people continually and eventually they'll fight back .... you unfortunately think the reds are the only people unhappy with Suthep ... by now there must be so many more people wanting to hurt him and the professionally armed protestors for all the pain they suffered at his hands

The girl was not at the protest, they were eating noodles at the market nearby. But dont let that get in the way of blaming Suthep.

On this series of Red-Shirt Cartoons you can see how they promote violence against those who think different than them.

1497771_329345827205747_420975184_n.jpg

Yesterday we saw the results sad.png

More here: http://pantip.com/topic/30746057

People really should see the cartoons in your link. Hopefully it is just the view of a few red shirts, but I worry it is not just a few.

No, we just want to vote for our government.

Violence serves no purpose if your are the majority government. Violence only serves coup-mongers and violent minorities interests.

I believe all the threats of popcorn men coming to kill us are intended to stir violence, which his friends in the military can then use as an excuse to have a coup.

[added, so now we see who comes forward and attempts the military coup option and we know who is behind the violence]

Edited by BlueNoseCodger
  • Like 1

If the military wanted to take over, they could have done so weeks ago, but after the rather failed coup in 2006, they are not very eager, and they have stated that on several occasions lately. Can you see a single thing they could achieve with a coup, except being free find people to represent them in a cabinet, something that proved almost impossible the last time?

• Like 1

Trat?!?!

Sad to say!

Cheers

You sound quite pleased this happened to the PDRC. You and your likes have some maladjusted thinking if you really believe this kind of violence is ok.

Just because they attacked someone who thinks and feels differently about politics doesnt make it ok to hurt them. Next you will be thinking its ok to kill someone if they dont follow the REDS.

If it is your way or no way then you are the beginnings of a Hitler regime.

My suggestion to kikoman and jollyman and other who feel this way is to seek emergency psycholigical medical treatment

Im sure the doctors can find a cure for RED BLINDNESS.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There are none so blind as he who will not see

You hum it, I'll sing it.

Trat?!?!

Sad to say!

Cheers

People have the right to protest. To imply, as you do, they deserved to be attacked in this cowardly manner is nauseating.

Well said....and I could not agree more. This was a peaceful protest...ableit, close to a Government Stronghold, if I read my history right...

Nut cases shooting at law abiding kids...5 years old...shot in the head..... What planet would side with that? Quickly losing moral high ground, if there ever was one.

• Like 1

Hasn't this been the strategy all along?

Set Thai people against Thai people, then the army comes in and grabs power, really just another front for a military coup!

Suthep will be there with his crocodile tears and the next day he'll be ramping up the veiled 'popcorn shooter' threats again, and more tshirts with 'popcorn army' on them to try to stir up anger.

Oh he just made another 'popcorn men' threat on Channel 3, and said he's invite them to dinner. Just now.

He's trying to get a military coup by formenting violence.

This probably isnt the tread to to be discussing it as the reaction is pretty strong as is understandable but yes its very likely this is the aim and has been since the amnesty bill debarcle.

Problem, reaction, solution you mean ? could well be its a simple and effective method used many times by many groups or governments, works great politically and militarily. In this case it could be both. Create or use a problem, wait for a reaction and then provide the solution. In this case with Thai flavour.

Its a bit multi faceted regarding the problem, some which are real some contrived and escalated, reaction, again some justified but also a lot encouraged and contrived. The solution has been laid out from day 1 mad as it is, with a second solution in the background or three if you count the courts.

I think its not unreasonable to suspect and see evidence of PRS at work in this.

however for this thread ill just say again this is a terrible tragedy, terrible. Whoever did this has no heart nor conscience.

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1

For the record, even though I lean towards PT government policies, I condemn these sort of violence and hope that the injured will recover quickly and that loved ones will also recover from their extreme emotional distress.

I understand also the outpouring of anger from some TV posters towards what they consider vile and sick posts. However, looking at some of these "vile and sick" posts, I don't read them as justifying the violence but instead, explaining the actions.

No government in the world can control small groups of radicals and extremists. In the case of Thailand, the courts, the army, CC, EC etc etc have rendered the government even more powerless. Whilst this was being done, the anti govt supporters here on TV were cheering and congratulating each other. You have obviously not seen beyond the day to this day, to the reactions of some small groups of anti-protestors.

I will not take a leaf out of jollyman but instead put here a Chinese saying - "if you force a tiger into a corner, the tiger can no longer retreat and have no choice but to attack".

If like some of you think, that the govt is on the back foot (not through the ballot box but through court manipulations), then this is not unexpected. I have said previously that if PT is ousted via a judicial coup, then the current protests are child's play compared to what will inevitably happen.

p/s: sorry if above not too clear, have a massage appointment in 10 mins, so rushing this

I'm sorry to piss on your parade, but what you are saying is ludicrous. When PTP is elected, those that don't support them are expected to accept the will of the majority gracefully. But when PTP proves to be both inept and corrupt and the will of the majority turns against them, their supporters turn into cornered tigers, and killing of those with other views is to be expected, if not justified?

Is this how "red democracy" works, our way or die? There was no election in Trat last night, nobody blocking booths or disrupting commerce, just a group of people expressing their disgust at this charade of a government. So what are your "cornered tigers" using to justify simple bloody murder?

• Like 1