Scores of people injured in bomb attack during anti-government rally in Trat

Lite Beer

Things are seriously getting out of hand. Something need to be done to bring peace before more people are killed or injured in these hate attacks. Both sides talk to help bring these attacked to a halt. Suthep hate speeches does not help matters with his popcorn man jokes. This attack could be revenge for the shooting of police this week. But innocent children being killed is too much. Sit down and talk work something out for the sake of the country.

All those killed are innocent.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On this series of Red-Shirt Cartoons you can see how they promote violence against those who think different than them.

1497771_329345827205747_420975184_n.jpg

Yesterday we saw the results sad.png

More here: http://pantip.com/topic/30746057

People really should see the cartoons in your link. Hopefully it is just the view of a few red shirts, but I worry it is not just a few.

No, we just want to vote for our government.

Violence serves no purpose if your are the majority government. Violence only serves coup-mongers and violent minorities interests.

I believe all the threats of popcorn men coming to kill us are intended to stir violence, which his friends in the military can then use as an excuse to have a coup.

[added, so now we see who comes forward and attempts the military coup option and we know who is behind the violence]

Did you actually look at the link? A disgusting string of cartoons advocating, in EVERY CASE, violence against anti-government "dogs". And to make it worse it is being carried out be children, usually a young girl (I am assuming used to represent the "innocent" Yingluk).

Do you think the constant repetition of the image of a young girl smashing out the brains of a dog is aimed educated and reasonable people?

"advocating, in EVERY CASE, violence against anti-government "dogs"".... which you then attributed to be the attitude of everyone who supports the government. But that link is in your claim, not in the real world.

They just want to vote in their government, such violence, if anything would give the military an excuse for a coup, which is against the governments interests, and thus against the interests of the people who voted them in.

So you can object to the cartoon, but to pretend it is how every voter is thinking is ridiculous them vs us propaganda.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

Again you miss my point. I doubt any grenade or gun fire was aimed at little girls eating in noodle shops ... it was aimed at protestors. The protestors are attracting violence because of their intimidation tactics and innocents are getting hurt ... this is the concept behind using an SOE ... to try to protect innocents from the harm the protestors are causing.

As a parent myself, if you bring your violent protest near my restaurant I'd leave very quick smart ... only a stupid parent would sit so close to such a powder keg ...

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Your point is non-existant. The attack was indiscriminate. They shot at a noodle shop and a stage.... wreaking death in a random, senseless way...

This is the same way terrorists work.... cowardly attacks on both innocents, and enemies....as long as it happens, and gets in the news.

Certainly it is obvious that they did not care of children/innocents were shot. They were not sharpshooters, and no targets were assigned. It was a bumbling, vicious act without regard to human life and democratic (yes the courts ruled it was ok) protest.

The surprising thing, with communications being as it is...and more than likely the presence of surveillance cameras, (wouldn't you want to watch what might happen?) ... how in the hay did the vehicles not get identified and a perimeter of possible escape routes manned?

I guess you didnt read my post then ... getting fairly pointless arguing with you

Ps: when a clearly biased court rules in your favour it doesnt make it democratic ... the public didnt vote on the protests being allowed ... if they had then the decision would be much different ... but Dictator Suthep doesnt allow voting. Learn the definition of democracy.

Pps: don't take your kids anywhere near this violent protest ... if you do you're dumber than Dictator Suthep. If the protests come near your family, move away.

Ppps: Dictator Suthep is deliberately attracting violence using provocation now ... it's undoubtedly part of his endgame to get the military involved ... and clearly displays how he intends to run Thailand ... using FORCE

Did you actually look at the link? A disgusting string of cartoons advocating, in EVERY CASE, violence against anti-government "dogs". And to make it worse it is being carried out be children, usually a young girl (I am assuming used to represent the "innocent" Yingluk).

Do you think the constant repetition of the image of a young girl smashing out the brains of a dog is aimed educated and reasonable people?

"advocating, in EVERY CASE, violence against anti-government "dogs"".... which you then attributed to be the attitude of everyone who supports the government. But that link is in your claim, not in the real world.

They just want to vote in their government, such violence, if anything would give the military an excuse for a coup, which is against the governments interests, and thus against the interests of the people who voted them in.

So you can object to the cartoon, but to pretend it is how every voter is thinking is ridiculous them vs us propaganda.

"cartoons advocating, in EVERY CASE," is exactly correct and has no relationship to "everyone who supports the government" except that they are published by SOMEONE who supports the government and obviously aimed at moron level government supporters. I hope you enjoyed them.

Learn how to read, and/or stop trying to throw in strawman arguments.

• Like 1

Are you that gullible? Those who made the cartoons are the ones you are voting for when you vote for PTP.

• Like 1

Are you that gullible? Those who made the cartoons are the ones you are voting for when you vote for PTP.

Yingluk can't draw cartoons for toffee, she called elections rather than suppress the protest, (i.e. peaceful response), so your claim makes no sense.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

On this series of Red-Shirt Cartoons you can see how they promote violence against those who think different than them.

Reminds me of the Red Khmer's propaganda in Cambodia and the Cultural Revolution in China. Perhaps not unsurprising since several of the UDD leaders have Maoist backgrounds.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Why are people taking children to these protests? I have a five year old daughter and therefore those pictures of her in the hospital hit me pretty hard. I remember in 2010, people holding screaming babies above barricades in Bangkok. Leave the kids at home!

She was eating at the noodle stall in the maRKET not protesting

And even if she was at the Protest site, She didn't deserve to be shot!

• Like 1

<snip for brevity>

Fourthly, the cycle of violence was started in 2008 by the PAD/Yellow shirts. They used violence as a means back then, which has started this cycle of violence and protests.

All in my opinion of course.

"the cycle of violence was started in 2008"

Sorry, but I clearly recall violence during the Thaksin-era, in some cases actually directed by the police, in 2005 against PAD-protesters, so that's incorrect.

Others, who've been here even longer, may well recall instances prior to that ?

Political violence in Thailand is not such a recent development, as you suggest, I'm afraid. sad.png

Edited by Ricardo

Maybe you should read the report a bit more closely before posting

Which of the thousands of reports I've read over the last few months doesn't still add up to the same result .... you hurt people continually and eventually they'll fight back .... you unfortunately think the reds are the only people unhappy with Suthep ... by now there must be so many more people wanting to hurt him and the professionally armed protestors for all the pain they suffered at his hands

The girl was not at the protest, they were eating noodles at the market nearby. But dont let that get in the way of blaming Suthep.
Again you miss my point. I doubt any grenade or gun fire was aimed at little girls eating in noodle shops ... it was aimed at protestors. The protestors are attracting violence because of their intimidation tactics and innocents are getting hurt ... this is the concept behind using an SOE ... to try to protect innocents from the harm the protestors are causing.

As a parent myself, if you bring your violent protest near my restaurant I'd leave very quick smart ... only a stupid parent would sit so close to such a powder keg ...

I haven't missed your point. The protestors are not intimidating people, particularly not in Trat which historically is not a PTP / Red Shirt area. It was not a violent protest either.

I very much doubt anyone locally, would have anticipated anything like this. Your attempt at blamining the parents is quite ludicrous.

• Like 2

Reminds me of the Red Khmer's propaganda in Cambodia and the Cultural Revolution in China. Perhaps not unsurprising since several of the UDD leaders have Maoist backgrounds.

Exactly my thoughts, and very scary.

• Like 2

Exactly my thoughts, and very scary.

And of course Thaksins good mate Hun Sen has a lot if experience as well.

Those cartoon strips though are really unpleasant.

• Like 1

I suppose those sick b******ds of propagandists for PTP/red supporters will say it was self inflicted publicity stunt.

It seems every time a decent politician (of which Thailand has too few) put their head above the parapet they get shoot at or stitched up, and when anybody opposes this corrupt government it is made illegal to do so and if they still continue to protest they get shoot at.

• Like 1

Trat?!?!

I thought all the anti-government protesters were rich elite in Bangkok or radical Deep Southerners according to several TV experts.

Sad to say!

When they stray out of their stronghold of Bangkok, and attempt to recreate in other parts of the country the havoc they created in Bangkok under the protection of the Rich E.E allies, they will be met with resistance,

Cheers

Tasteless posting.
Shame on you.
Attempting to beat political capital out of the death of innocent people.
That is sick.
Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1

Can we please stop posting show us your evidence? There is none due to a lack of any investigation by Police, who are led by the CMPO. Also I think red snakes posts are horrible. However lay off him at least his latest post is completely sensible and to the point regardless of politics!

Edited by ScouseTommy

Why are people taking children to these protests? I have a five year old daughter and therefore those pictures of her in the hospital hit me pretty hard. I remember in 2010, people holding screaming babies above barricades in Bangkok. Leave the kids at home!

It appears she was hit by shrapnel from grenade thrown at PDRC guards eating at the noodle stall.

She was not shot.

Although I understand for those trying to spin this for their gain saying she was shot sounds more dramatic. if the headline were that she was an innocent bystander hit by shrapnel from a grenade thrown at PDRC guards eating at the stall where she was by unknown attackers - its less helpful to the PDRC cause perhaps................

Its terrible she was killed and all violence needs to be condemend.

It appears she was hit by shrapnel from grenade thrown at PDRC guards eating at the noodle stall.

She was not shot.

Although I understand for those trying to spin this for their gain saying she was shot sounds more dramatic. if the headline were that she was an innocent bystander hit by shrapnel from a grenade thrown at PDRC guards eating at the stall where she was by unknown attackers - its less helpful to the PDRC cause perhaps................

I am not spinning anything. Both sides disgust me. However what disgusts me more are farang posters who try to spin EVERYTHING to suit their politics. I apologize for typing shot, however reports are conflicted. However IT DOESN'T MATTER! What matters is there is a little girl who is now DEAD!

Edited by ScouseTommy
  • Like 2

She was not shot.

You were there, apparently.