Optical fibre cable

samran

I'm getting sick of my international bandwidth slowing right down at night during prime time viewing (mainly Netflix). Seems to have gotten worse over the past few months.

I was wondering if I upgraded to optical fibre does this get rid of this annoying throttling down which seems to happen between 6 and midnight? Or am I in the same boat.

I'm getting sick of my international bandwidth slowing right down at night during prime time viewing (mainly Netflix). Seems to have gotten worse over the past few months.

I was wondering if I upgraded to optical fibre does this get rid of this annoying throttling down which seems to happen between 6 and midnight? Or am I in the same boat.

There is no difference between adsl and fiber optic packages in terms of international bandwidth unless you can pay 10000 baht a month or more. But basic packages adsl, cable and fiber are exactly the same the only difference would be in wire running from the pole to your end.

• Like 1

I can watch netflix at high bitrates even at prime time, thanks to singapore proxy + dns spoof (unblock us - unotelly - trickbyte) / selective US proxy for netflix.com and hulu.com.

Singapore vps costs $5 usd per month and usa vps (to proxy netflix.com, but not video streams) costs between 1-3 usd per month. Or you can use unotelly as dns spoof.

Or you can buy a business package over 10,000 baht and enjoy full speed internet day and night but my solution is way cheaper.

• Like 1

I can watch netflix at high bitrates even at prime time, thanks to singapore proxy + dns spoof (unblock us - unotelly - trickbyte) / selective US proxy for netflix.com and hulu.com.

Singapore vps costs $5 usd per month and usa vps (to proxy netflix.com, but not video streams) costs between 1-3 usd per month. Or you can use unotelly as dns spoof.

Or you can buy a business package over 10,000 baht and enjoy full speed internet day and night but my solution is way cheaper.

Thanks for this! Now for tech morons like me, could you break it down a tad more for me?

In currently use overplay DNS. What do I have to add on top of that? And in what order? Or do I get rid of overplay and switch to your solution. Thanks.

Remember, just because a person switches to fiber (or cable), that's only the "last mile of connection" so to speak. That fiber/cable/ADSL upstream of that final mile connection still runs back into the ISP's basic network and domestic/international gateways....the international gateways are where where your real chokepoint is for international connections. Now, people on premium/business packages (pricey packages) will usually get much better international speeds but they are paying a pretty penny for it...to have their connection "unchoked/unthrolled" at the gateways.