Thai Voip Telephone Number

joanth

I found this thread searching Google. Is anybody able to tell me if there are any new options or services? I would like to setup a Thailand SIP number for using within the USA to call Thailand, or to receive a call from Thailand.

In the past, I have signed up with various pay services, and didn't always use up my minutes. is there anything that is via the internet that is completely free or extremely cheap? Perhaps one that I don't need to pay 10 -15 USA dollars?

Is anybody familiar with this one: http://www.truenetta...ruenettalk.html

I have been using Pennytel for over one year on their Freedom Plan. Maybe not what you want but maybe of interest to other expats.

www.pennytel.com.au

Features

• AUD$5 Monthly subscription
  • Free PennyTel to PennyTel calls
  • 150 FREE CALLS to over 80 destinations^
  • $0.08 PER CALL to over 80 destinations^
  • 50 Free SMS
  • One free Traditional Phone Number (DID) (NO USA DID NOS)
  • 5c Web SMS
  • No commitment, contracts or minimum terms
  • Per second billing - pay only for the time you use
  • No flag fall or connection fees

^Including mobiles where listed

80 destinations

• Andorra
  • Argentina
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Brazil
  • Brunei
  • Brunei Mobile
  • Canada
  • Chile
  • China
  • China Mobile
  • Colombia
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Dominican Republic
  • Estonia
  • France
  • Georgia
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Guadeloupe
  • Guam
  • Hong Kong
  • Hong Kong Mobile
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Indonesia Jakarta
  • Indonesia Surabaya
  • Iraq Baghdad
  • Ireland
  • Israel
  • Italy
  • Kazakhstan Almaty
  • Kazakhstan Karaganda
  • Kazakhstan Metro Fixed
  • Luxembourg
  • Macau
  • Macau Mobile
  • Malaysia
  • Malaysia Mobile
  • Malta
  • Mariana Islands
  • Mariana Islands Mobile
  • Mexico
  • Monaco
  • Morocco
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Panama
  • PeruPeru Lima
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Puerto Rico
  • Romania
  • Russia
  • San Marino
  • Singapore
  • Singapore Mobile
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • South Africa Cape Town
  • South Africa Johannesburg
  • South Korea
  • South Korea Mobile
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Taiwan
  • Thailand
  • Thailand Mobile
  • Turkey
  • United Kingdom
  • United States
  • United States Mobile
  • Venezuela

Edited by degilbo

I found this thread searching Google. Is anybody able to tell me if there are any new options or services? I would like to setup a Thailand SIP number for using within the USA to call Thailand, or to receive a call from Thailand.

In the past, I have signed up with various pay services, and didn't always use up my minutes. is there anything that is via the internet that is completely free or extremely cheap? Perhaps one that I don't need to pay 10 -15 USA dollars?

Is anybody familiar with this one: http://www.truenettalk.com/truenettalk/en/about_truenettalk/what_is_truenettalk.html

These links have a lot of detail re: TOT, CAT and True:

Hi guys,

I thought i might add to this ongoing thread, as bits and pieces here helped me to get my service up and running.

This option is great if you live in thailand and want to take your partner overseas. She will be able to make cheap calls and recieve calls for free, sms she can get for free too if you setup international roaming, This is also fantastic if you need multiple numbers using thai sim cards.

I ended going with the true nettalk package as mentioned earlier you get a free 06.... number.

It was hard getting any info out of all the true shops but the rundown to get this going.

1) purchase a prepaid sim from 7eleven they are onsale now 1bht per sim

2) go into a true shop and ask to become a postpaid customer with your sim, and then signup with the nettalk standard package. (you will need your teeraks ID or your passport and workers id, i went with the first option)

3) When you get home go online to http://www.truenettalk.com/truenettalk/en/products/nettalk.html on the bottom of the page click the postpaid customer (its 50bht permonth for 6 months till 7/11)

4) Signin with the simcards mobile number and ur teeraks ID as password, It will ask you to fill a form its all in thai, but the lady can easily fill that out.

5)You will then get a sms with username (this is your 06.... phone number) and password.

6)You can now divert all your thai mobile numbers to this 06...number, and optionally if you wanted sms messages for free setup International Roaming when your in the True shop or any other sim provider you use.

7)You can pay online with a thai bank for your postpay bill and dont forget to pay 3bht per month for any additional sim cards so the service keeps running on them.

This service can also work with sip ata phones that can easily be purchased and setup back home with a answering machine for all the weird hours phone calls.

Cheers :)

Lots of detail in the threads I linked.

Your options are: Cat2Call Plus, TOTnetcall and True Nettalk.

With an Android, or other phone perhaps, you could run a SIP/VoIP client, and with WiFi access say traveling in another country you could originate calls to phones in Thailand, using True NetTalk for 1.50 baht/min, and people in Thailand could call you on 060 nnn-nnnn for whatever their local calling plan charges (~ 1.5 baht/min).

I'd like to hear more about:

- the call forwarding of say a One-2-Call number to 060; how is that set-up and what are the fees?

- how are SMSes, again to a One-2-Call number handled, if at all? (bigStevieT) I assume you can't send an SMS to 060 nnn-nnnn.

I may try the True NetTalk; 50 baht/month seems to good to pass up.

Edited by lomatopo

- the call forwarding of say a One-2-Call number to 060; how is that set-up and what are the fees?

Well that was easy. On my Nokia/One-2-Call phone I chose Call Divert, entered another phone number (Android/True), called from my Home phone (True fixed line/DSL), call was forwarded (CPID was passed), easy peasy! I guess you pay for the forwarded call, so 1.5 baht/min in my case.

Strange enough I can call now my netcall 060xxxxx number from my TT&T landline but when Intry it from mt DTAC mobile it tells me that the number is not in use yet. Any ideas or experiences?

I'd like to hear more about this. An 060 number is unusual and all the switches might not recognize (not yet programmed) it. (I think you get an 060 number with TOT as well, maybe an 02 number with CAT?)

Edited by lomatopo

Lots of detail in the threads I linked.

Your options are: Cat2Call Plus, TOTnetcall and True Nettalk.

With an Android, or other phone perhaps, you could run a SIP/VoIP client, and with WiFi access say traveling in another country you could originate calls to phones in Thailand, using True NetTalk for 1.50 baht/min, and people in Thailand could call you on 060 nnn-nnnn for whatever their local calling plan charges (~ 1.5 baht/min).

I'd like to hear more about:

- how are SMSes, again to a One-2-Call number handled, if at all? (bigStevieT) I assume you can't send an SMS to 060 nnn-nnnn.

I may try the True NetTalk; 50 baht/month seems to good to pass up.

I ask TOT and no incoming number never contacted CAT

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using Pennytel for over one year on their Freedom Plan. Maybe not what you want but maybe of interest to other expats.

www.pennytel.com.au

Features

• 50 Free SMS
  • 5c Web SMS

80 destinations

• Andorra
  • Argentina
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Brazil
  • Brunei
  • Brunei Mobile
  • Canada
  • Chile
  • China
  • China Mobile
  • Colombia
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Dominican Republic
  • Estonia
  • France
  • Georgia
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Guadeloupe
  • Guam
  • Hong Kong
  • Hong Kong Mobile
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Indonesia Jakarta
  • Indonesia Surabaya
  • Iraq Baghdad
  • Ireland
  • Israel
  • Italy
  • Kazakhstan Almaty
  • Kazakhstan Karaganda
  • Kazakhstan Metro Fixed
  • Luxembourg
  • Macau
  • Macau Mobile
  • Malaysia
  • Malaysia Mobile
  • Malta
  • Mariana Islands
  • Mariana Islands Mobile
  • Mexico
  • Monaco
  • Morocco
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Panama
  • PeruPeru Lima
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Puerto Rico
  • Romania
  • Russia
  • San Marino
  • Singapore
  • Singapore Mobile
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • South Africa Cape Town
  • South Korea
  • South Korea Mobile
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Taiwan
  • Thailand
  • Thailand Mobile
  • Turkey
  • United Kingdom
  • United States
  • United States Mobile
  • Venezuela

I have tried, but I cannot select my state and am getting an internal server error. However, I have contacted customer service.

These links have a lot of detail re: TOT, CAT and True:

http://www.thaivisa....__fromsearch__1

Are these only available for people in Thailand? I am living in the USA and want to make a call to Thailand.

Are these only available for people in Thailand? I am living in the USA and want to make a call to Thailand.

I think some of the VoIP services are available on a pre-paid basis; in the threads I linked you can read about some people who've done this. Some of the other services are post-paid and those typically require a residency (Thai ID, or Work Permit for a foreigner). As you can tell from reading the links some people use these services to make it less expensive for them to call back to Thailand or for those in Thailand to call them.

Could you describe your application and budget in a bit more detail?

Example: I live in the U.S. I want to use (choose the appropriate end-points) my fixed line, mobile phone, SIP phone, PC to call a fixed line, mobile, SIP phone, PC in Thailand. I call the same number/,any different numbers, I want to spend less than N U.S. Cents per minute.

Calling cards/Skype are 1.5 ~ 3.0 U.S. cents per minute assuming you have free access to toll-free numbers.

• 2 months later...

Pennytel is absolutely horrible..

they offer a "free" did number.. then make you fill up credit..then tell you the DID number isnt free unless i live in AU..( dont state that anywhere )

Then refuse to refund...

Thanks for the awesome service!

www.pennytel.com.au

Features

• 50 Free SMS
  • 5c Web SMS

80 destinations

• Andorra
  • Argentina
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Brazil
  • Brunei
  • Brunei Mobile
  • Canada
  • Chile
  • China
  • China Mobile
  • Colombia
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Dominican Republic
  • Estonia
  • France
  • Georgia
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Guadeloupe
  • Guam
  • Hong Kong
  • Hong Kong Mobile
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Indonesia Jakarta
  • Indonesia Surabaya
  • Iraq Baghdad
  • Ireland
  • Israel
  • Italy
  • Kazakhstan Almaty
  • Kazakhstan Karaganda
  • Kazakhstan Metro Fixed
  • Luxembourg
  • Macau
  • Macau Mobile
  • Malaysia
  • Malaysia Mobile
  • Malta
  • Mariana Islands
  • Mariana Islands Mobile
  • Mexico
  • Monaco
  • Morocco
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Panama
  • PeruPeru Lima
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Puerto Rico
  • Romania
  • Russia
  • San Marino
  • Singapore
  • Singapore Mobile
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • South Africa Cape Town
  • South Korea
  • South Korea Mobile
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Taiwan
  • Thailand
  • Thailand Mobile
  • Turkey
  • United Kingdom
  • United States
  • United States Mobile
  • Venezuela

I have tried, but I cannot select my state and am getting an internal server error. However, I have contacted customer service.

• 4 months later...

Also can have business VOIP PBX with DID number local to Thailand with 02xxxxxx numbers.

More info here.

VOIP Thailand

http://www.netropolitanworks.com/voip-thailand-lp.html

TOT netcall (http://www.totnetcall.com) supports softphone and SIP device with a Thai phone number. Current promotion is 1 baht per minute to EU, US and OZ. Quality is good. They have a 30 minute FREE trial.

any new info on getting a Thailand number. I done some searching ad seems hard to find. it would be nice to get calls on my iphone while out of the country