Buy house…how can i do on a safe way?

Hi,

right now i´m looking for nice house (for my thai wife) anywhere in CM area.

I not yet have experience in how to buy house on a safe way. My thai wife also. Just read from www that thais they have really much fantasy in sale houses, they lies and cheating. Mean, fake chanode, house already in bank but however sale house twice, try to sale house from neighbor……… facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif

How can i buy house on a safe way without lost money? What have i think , what have i know about it? What step by step is the right way?rolleyes.gif

Some empirical values, experiences and/or advice are more than welcome.smile.png

cheers

clark

You can buy a house, but you cannot own the land on which the house stands. Better you forget it and just rent something. By the way, if you want to buy something, you can buy a condo.

I know that i can´t buy it under my name, the house should be for my wife and not for me. smile.png

cheers

clark

If you wife do not mind to buy a used property, ask banks about its foreclosure portfolio. You can offer 1/2 of the asking price to start the negotiations. Most properties will need just cosmetics, but you will avoid the depreciation of a new home. If your wife wants a new home, buying a lot to build on it, may be also a better deal....By the way....my inlaw is selling a nice house between Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai for under 1 million bath..Interested?...He will look in offers, send me a message..or meet me in Chiang Rai and I will take you there.

I posted the house on TV real estate classified yesterday....

If you wife do not mind to buy a used property, ask banks about its foreclosure portfolio. You can offer 1/2 of the asking price to start the negotiations. Most properties will need just cosmetics, but you will avoid the depreciation of a new home. If your wife wants a new home, buying a lot to build on it, may be also a better deal....By the way....my inlaw is selling a nice house between Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai for under 1 million bath..Interested?...He will look in offers, send me a message..or meet me in Chiang Rai and I will take you there.

The biggest flaw with trying to buy from a bank is, by the time we get to look at it all the managers (and their friends), staff (and their friends) and finally Thai preferential customers (and you have guessed it, their friends) have already looked at it and turned it down. We only really get to see the rubbish nobody else wants, that's not to say on a rare occasion you can't luck out but its a bit like buying a lottery ticket and expecting to win. If you want to save 20-30% then buy the land and have it built yourself, but of course this has pitfalls too.

Also forgot to mention banks are stubborn as hell and usually want more than what its worth in the first place, cutting their losses and getting something rather than nothing is not how Thai banks look at stuff.

Edited by JeremyBowskill
  • Like 2

The biggest flaw with trying to buy from a bank is, by the time we get to look at it all the managers (and their friends), staff (and their friends) and finally Thai preferential customers (and you have guessed it, their friends) have already looked at it and turned it down. We only really get to see the rubbish nobody else wants, that's not to say on a rare occasion you can't luck out but its a bit like buying a lottery ticket and expecting to win. If you want to save 20-30% then buy the land and have it built yourself, but of course this has pitfalls too.

Also forgot to mention banks are stubborn as hell and usually want more than what its worth in the first place, cutting their losses and getting something rather than nothing is not how Thai banks look at stuff.

Hey,

thank for your postings.smile.png

Yes, @Jeremy he already point it out, buy from bank is not a really good option. This i already heard often.

So, if i buy from private how can i be sure that he/she don´t cheat me? Fake Land Document (Chanode) and many things more…how can i do protect?facepalm.gif

cheers

clark

Well the best way to be sure not to be cheated on the Chanote is, both go to the land office then once it has been signed over to your wife/your company hand them the cash or bankers draft.

If they don't like this, tell them to take a running jump. A small deposit beforehand is okay but I would keep it to a level that won't hurt if the worst happens.

• Like 2

Well the best way to be sure not to be cheated on the Chanote is, both go to the land office then once it has been signed over to your wife/your company hand them the cash or bankers draft.

If they don't like this, tell them to take a running jump. A small deposit beforehand is okay but I would keep it to a level that won't hurt if the worst happens.

Hey, thank for your Posting.smile.png

Mean for buy a house or land I no need to use lawyer or notary, right? No contract of sale, no acknowledgment for prove that I already paid for the house? Just only go to the land office and they move the ownership for us, give the money cash in hand, that´s all?

So, the Land Office they also would see if anything is not ok with the Chanode? Like if Chanode is on Bank, right?

One point not yet clear. If the owner show me the house or land and also show me a chanode, how can I be sure that this chanode is the right one for this house or land?

cheers

clark

Hey, thank for your Posting.smile.png

Mean for buy a house or land I no need to use lawyer or notary, right? No contract of sale, no acknowledgment for prove that I already paid for the house? Just only go to the land office and they move the ownership for us, give the money cash in hand, that´s all?

So, the Land Office they also would see if anything is not ok with the Chanode? Like if Chanode is on Bank, right?

One point not yet clear. If the owner show me the house or land and also show me a chanode, how can I be sure that this chanode is the right one for this house or land?

cheers

clark

Take it to the Land Office and ask them if it's valid or not. You can use a photo-copy or just the reference number of the proferred document.

If they're not happy to go along with this, walk away.

Jerry

• Like 1