Ukrainian expat dies after fight with girlfriend in Phuket

webfact

So you all think that the women of Phuket are so amazingly strong that they can hurl their boyfriends over the balcony. Most Thai women I've come across just wouldn't have the strength to do that.

The naivety of many of you make me laugh though.

Agree with you.

In their defense though, apparently the girlfriend was also Ukrainian.

Where do you the idea the girlfriend is also Ukrainian?

She is THAI.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you all think that the women of Phuket are so amazingly strong that they can hurl their boyfriends over the balcony. Most Thai women I've come across just wouldn't have the strength to do that.

the_crazy_world_of_sports_74.jpg

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

a murderer don't need to have strength before murdering someone..they just need a certain amount or anger in them

a guy was murdered too in sakhon nakhon after his girlfriend caught him with another girl but she was never question..back to the matter is anybody really safe?

Where do you find your dates in a hospital ward?

most Thai women could beat the crap out of a farang.

Especially those of a certain occupation in Phuket.

• Like 1

Have you considered the possibility the murder took place in the condo Eg. smashed over the back of the head with an implement (blunt force trauma) or stabbed - and then the draging of the deceased, or unconsious body, to the balcony, and thrown off so the injuries from the murder appear to be sustained from the fall?

Any Thai women is capable of that.

I've seen so many smash beer bottles over the heads of farang fighting in bars. Something heavier than a beer bottle, from behind, is enough.

There's also the drugging of the victim with sleeping tablets, on top of alcohol, and then off the balcony possibility as well.

Many balcony railings are short here. A Thai girl would have no problems getting the centre of gravity of a body to the point where not much strength would be needed to then lift the victims legs up and over they go.

Not saying this is what has happened in this case, but everyone is assuming the victim is actually alive at the time they left the balcony - that very well may not be the case in some of these incidents.

It's the "naive" that do not consider all possibilities.

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 1

Have you considered the possibility the murder took place in the condo Eg. smashed over the back of the head with an implement (blunt force trauma) or stabbed - and then the draging of the deceased, or unconsious body, to the balcony, and thrown off so the injuries from the murder appear to be sustained from the fall?

Any Thai women is capable of that.

I've seen so many smash beer bottles over the heads of farang fighting in bars. Something heavier than a beer bottle, from behind, is enough.

There's also the drugging of the victim with sleeping tablets, on top of alcohol, and then off the balcony possibility as well.

Many balcony railings are short here. A Thai girl would have no problems getting the centre of gravity of a body to the point where not much strength would be needed to then lift the victims legs up and over they go.

Not saying this is what has happened in this case, but everyone is assuming the victim is actually alive at the time they left the balcony - that very well may not be the case in some of these incidents.

It's the "naive" that do not consider all possibilities.

Have you, yourself considered that the possibility of events apparently recorded on CCTV are correct and that the guy simply fell whilst in a drunken state trying to climb down to his balcony..as simple and logical as that? rolleyes.gif

Agree with you.

In their defense though, apparently the girlfriend was also Ukrainian.

Where do you the idea the girlfriend is also Ukrainian?

She is THAI.

From the normally most reliable news outlet, much better than phuket gazette. I must admit though that this time the pg story sounds most believable (fall while trying to reach his room).

So you say she is thai, from pg I presume, could be right, could be wrong.

Sent from my D90W using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Story from Pattaya News makes more sense than the local versions..;

Actually a combination of the two local ones..

PHUKET – February 23, 2014 [PDN]; at 01.15, Pol.Lt.Capt. Kraisorn Park-aree, detective of Muang police station Phuket, was notified that there was a tourist who had fallen from a condominium and died at Panason Green Place Phuket, Rassada, Muangphuket, Phuket, so he went to the crime scene with Pol.Lt.Col. Somsak Thongkliang, detective inspector, Ratte Manmuang, suppression inspector, Kulollatham Phuket foundation rescuers.

At the crime scene they found the body of Mr.Oler Volkov, 28 years old, Ukrainian, he had suffered a broken right ankle and 2 broken arms. He was sent to Wachira Phuket hospital for an autopsy.

From asking the the security guard, Mr.Anusak Sorn-iad, who witnessed the accident said that the deceased was living in room 431 on the 4th floor. He told police that he was patrolling around the condominium opposite when suddenly he heard a cry for help. When he approached he saw a man was hanging off the balcony of room number 531, 5th floor. He tried to climb back up but he couldn’t and fell to his death.

From initial investigation, the police received information that the deceased had been arguing with his girlfriend and she had locked him out of their room. The man had been out with his friends and arrived home late. When he came back the door was still locked, so he climbed up to room 531, which was above his room and tried to drop himself on the balcony below but he missed falling to his death.

Edited by andreandre

Had an incident in BKK with a former GF. Arrived in Bkk a few days early, without telling her. Hooked up with another girl and was coming out of the Bier Garden on Soi 7 at about 10 pm. Hailed a taxi, inside the taxi was my GF and another of her Thai friends. What bad luck! She was very small and petite. Started to swing at me, kick me, ripped my shirt, bit me, scratched my neck and chest and I was just trying to fend off the blows. She continued to cry and was out of control. Got her to come back to my hotel to calm down. BAD IDEA!! She ranted again and grabbed for a knife on the counter. NOW I had to be a bit more physical and forced her to drop the knife and put her out of the room and called security. Scared the beJesus out of me. NEVER saw her again. THE PISSED OFF THAI WOMAN IS CAPABLE OF GREAT FEATS OF STRENGTH. Trust me. All that said. Sorry for the Ukranian guy. RIP.

Jumped off the balcony????? I don't think so.

Its all over--I have lost my Thai girlfriend-------- a very permanent solution to ...a quite temporary situation

Not correct - it should be:

Its all over--I have lost my condo key-------- a very permanent solution to ...a quite temporary situation

At the crime scene they found the body of Mr.Oler Volkov, 28 years old, Ukrainian, he had suffered a broken right ankle and 2 broken arms. He was sent to Wachira Phuket hospital for an autopsy.

From asking the the security guard, Mr.Anusak Sorn-iad, who witnessed the accident said that the deceased was living in room 431 on the 4th floor. He told police that he was patrolling around the condominium opposite when suddenly he heard a cry for help.

My hamster had a strange version of suicidal behavior, caused by too many people starring at him. He committed suicide, but cried for help before he got thrown off his wheel.

Thai police officers are on it now. Will keep you posted.-coffee1.gif

From asking the the security guard, Mr.Anusak Sorn-iad, who witnessed the accident said that the deceased was living in room 431 on the 4th floor. He told police that he was patrolling around the condominium opposite when suddenly he heard a cry for help.

My hamster had a strange version of suicidal behavior, caused by too many people starring at him. He committed suicide, but cried for help before he got thrown off his wheel.

Thai police officers are on it now. Will keep you posted.-coffee1.gif

Well at least something will happen nowblink.png

This can happen to anybody when he is on a desperate situation, most victims of this kind were not poor or beggars, may be they were well-off before they were ruined, in most cases money was in between.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

This can happen to anybody when he is on a desperate situation, most victims of this kind were not poor or beggars, may be they were well-off before they were ruined, in most cases money was in between.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Huh????

Lets face it every time their is a fatality from an upper floor of a condominium their always seems to be either a wife, or girl friend that is also in the room when the incident happens.

The police need to smarten up and investigate these incidents completely.

Yep, and those Thai ladies must be pretty damn strong and good in a wrestle to be able to heave a (typically) taller farang over a balcony.

The height of balconies in Thailand eliminate any strength needed. They don't even come up to hip level for most farangs. So, until more info is available, death of unknown origin.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

this IS A VERY VALID POINT ..was at a hotel in the pool when a drunk fell from 2nd floor landed on his feet and fell into the pool ..he was not the slightest bit injured ..everyone was amazed ...the balconies at this hotel appear to be about 300 cms at the most ...its so easy ..especially if u r pissed to topple over ...though i personally feel that a lot of these incidents r foul play ...be careful out there cheers

Confuscious, on 24 Feb 2014 - 10:58, said:

Moral of the story:

Never fight with a Thai girlfriend.

If you chose to fight with a Thai girlfriend make sure that you are at the bottom floor and the your girlfriend is not a Ladyboy.

Sorry for the Ukrainian guy.

Who said it was a "Thai" girlfriend, I think you will find she not Thai.

barryofthailand, on 24 Feb 2014 - 11:08, said:

Lets face it every time their is a fatality from an upper floor of a condominium their always seems to be either a wife, or girl friend that is also in the room when the incident happens.

The police need to smarten up and investigate these incidents completely.

They are to unprofessional/lazy to investigate, that's the reason for suicide or accident.

andreandre, on 24 Feb 2014 - 18:27, said:
ozyjon, on 24 Feb 2014 - 17:16, said:

Police believe Mr Volkov either decided to jump (not pushed) off the balcony or accidentally (not pushed) fell down.

,,,,, oh,,,,,,or,,,,,,,

decided to commit suicide, that's it.

Wrong.read the 2nd news update..no jumping.no pushing,no suicide..coffee1.gif

“We checked CCTV footage, which showed Mr Volkov returning to the room at 1am. However, he was unable to open the door,” Phuket City Police Superintendent Sermphan Sirikong said.

“Mr Volkov accessed a room on the fifth floor to climb down to his balcony on the fourth floor. While he was climbing down, he lost control and fell to the ground,” Col Sermphan said.

It's Thailand, to believe this story we need to see the CCTV footage, but only of him climbing... NOT the actual fall.

Ukrainian expat falls to death from Phuket condo balcony

Phuket Gazette

phuketnews_2014224132334742_fiHqYMLJcINd

Mr Volkov allegedly tried to climb from the fifth floor to the fourth floor to access his room. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- A 27-year-old Ukrainian man died early yesterday morning after attempting to climb from a fifth-floor balcony of a Phuket Town condo to his home on the fourth floor.

Phuket City Police were notified of the incident by the building’s security guard at 1:10am and rushed to the scene with Kusoldharm Rescue workers.

“We found the body of Oler Volkov on the ground outside Phanason Green Place Condo in Rassada with a broken neck, ankle and broken arms,” Kraisorn Park-Aree of the Phuket City Police said.

Eyewitnesses informed police that Mr Volkov lived on the fourth floor with his Thai girlfriend. The couple allegedly went out yesterday evening to drink with friends on the ground floor. When Mr Volkov returned to the room, he found that his keys were locked inside, Lt Kraisorn explained.

“We checked CCTV footage, which showed Mr Volkov returning to the room at 1am. However, he was unable to open the door,” Phuket City Police Superintendent Sermphan Sirikong said.

“Mr Volkov accessed a room on the fifth floor to climb down to his balcony on the fourth floor. While he was climbing down, he lost control and fell to the ground,” Col Sermphan said.

The body was found with a mobile phone and a knife, Lt Kraisorn added.

Mr Volkov’s body was transferred to Vachira Phuket Hospital.

Police are continuing to investigate the details of the incident.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2014/Ukrainian-expat-falls-to-death-from-Phuket-condo-balcony-25674.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2014-02-24

Apologies anyone?I wish some of you blokes were fish.They throw the bait out and you come in every time with your boring predicatable,racist comments.When are you blokes going to wake up,your being played.