NSC says Armed Forces may cite Rajaprasong bomb attack to impose martial law

webfact

NSC says Armed Forces may cite Rajaprasong bomb attack to impose martial law

2-24-2014-11-01-34-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The secretary-general of the National Security Council (NDC) Lt-Gen Paradorn Patthanathabutr said today that the lethal grenade attack at Rajaprasong might be used as an excuse by the military to impose martial law in the capital.

Speaking to INN News Agency, Lt-Gen Paradorn said that caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawtra has ordered relevant government agencies to tighten security measures to prevent recurrence of the incident when many people were killed and injured in the bomb attack.

The NSC chief admitted that this latest bomb attack at Rajaprasong might be used as a reason by the military to impose martial law.

But he insisted that the current situation did not yet reach serious level.

He also dismissed as groundless report that foreign force was responsible for the attacks.

He noted that there was certain group of people who intended to worsen the situation so as to justify the military’s action, and then put all the blame on the government or the police for starting all the violence.

He said that the Center for the Maintaining of Peace and Order will renew talk with the PDRC for the handover of some areas as they are considered having high risk of being attacked.

So far the police could not yet establish which group of people was responsible for the violent attacks as more evidences are needed. But initially the group has experience of using war weapon, he said.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/nsc-says-armed-forces-may-cite-rajaprasong-bomb-attack-impose-martial-law/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-02-24

• Like 1

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another attack like this will give the military all they need to establish martial law. While I"m no fan of martial law, I think this just might be a case where it is needed to regain peace and stop, or at lease decrease, the violence by all sides.

Can he at least stop greening. He seems to be delighted

"But he insisted that the current situation did not yet reach serious level."

- At that point does it become serious?

"He noted that there was certain group of people who intended to worsen the situation so as to justify the military’s action, and then put all the blame on the government or the police for starting all the violence"

Well - we can see that the government and police have been ineffective. So how about naming this group?

• Like 2

Grenades are fired, detonated bombs and shotings into crowds.

People die and what do the police?

So far, nothing.
Not a single case elucidated.
Have the police stopped to work for the people in this country?

Have they ever worked for the benefit of the ordinary Thai people?

• Like 2

Yesterday on channel 5 or 7 I saw a few chaps walk in "I love police" polo shirts.

Must have been some of anti-government protesters who really appreciate the protection the police gives them.

• Like 2

I am just a bystander...but why doesn't anybody considers some sort of autonomy for certain provinces.

north and north east and south with extensive own goverment but with vetoright from bangkok.????

But as I said...I am just a bystander and T.I.T. thus never ask why.

Worth discussing among us????

So far, nothing.

I didn't realise they ever did.

I can not believe that somebody can launch grenades in the center of a major city, simply unseen. Over all are CCTV and certainly eye-witnesses.

Why the police do not work with all forces to arrest this killers? The passivity of the so-called police authorities is really worrying.

Until now, also no statement from the government police (DSI, CMPO, CAPO).

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1

So far, nothing.

I didn't realise they ever did.

I can not believe that somebody can launch grenades in the center of a major city, simply unseen. Over all are CCTV and certainly eye-witnesses.

Why the police do not work with all forces to arrest this killers? The passivity of the so-called police authorities is really worrying.

Until now, also no statement from the government police (DSI, CMPO, CAPO).

That's why no one trusts the police. It's even more scary when you have a policeman go on stage and cheer the deaths of the people killed in the Trat attack.

I have said it before and I will say it again, Thaksin and other elite are only have one agenda and that is New World Order. Martial law is the key to implementing the NWO. If you believe things are bad now, stick around the main act hasn't begun. Democracy that everyone keeps whinging about will be forever forgotten, population will be savagely reduced and life will be hell. By all means you all keep preoccupied with your squabbling over Yingluck and Suthep and let it all unfold in front of you, who am I to argue with bar stool experts.

HGMA wrote:

I am just a bystander...but why doesn't anybody considers some sort of autonomy for certain provinces.

north and north east and south with extensive own goverment but with vetoright from bangkok.????

But as I said...I am just a bystander and T.I.T. thus never ask why.

Worth discussing among us????

There is a common understanding among basically ALL Thais not to give away a single square meter of the country, so I wonder who in his right mind can propose to cut up the country into two. Could only be Taksin & Co. who try to salvage at least a little bit of their loot. And this idea has been floated by Northern/Isarn red shirts. Most likely this is to provoke the military into action, as they will not allow the splitting up of the country.

It's getting to the point where a coup, although far from ideal, may be the only way to go in the short term.

Of course it would damage Thailand's reputation or what's left of it, but at least it would put a stop to Suthep's rantings and the government's incompetence. It would be an opportunity to take a time out, establish some order so people can get on with theirt day to day living again and during which time both parties can take stock and offload their unwanted baggage (you know who they are) and start afresh.

Might be worth a try.

Until the army have to give in and allow another election, and the merry go round starts again. Whilst Thailand may not know it but world opinion and Europe and America's pro Decrocy stance would leave the army General out there on his own unless he wants to side up with China.

Any normal place the police would have had this sorted weeks ago.

Maybe a stupid question but what exactly would imposing martial law mean? Surely it means taking power from the government (if only in Bangkok).

How is different from a full coup?

this way it Iwas effective and means Thailand looks Democratic to the world.. Maybe.. A solution?

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

I have said it before and I will say it again, Thaksin and other elite are only have one agenda and that is New World Order. Martial law is the key to implementing the NWO. If you believe things are bad now, stick around the main act hasn't begun. Democracy that everyone keeps whinging about will be forever forgotten, population will be savagely reduced and life will be hell. By all means you all keep preoccupied with your squabbling over Yingluck and Suthep and let it all unfold in front of you, who am I to argue with bar stool experts.

But Martial law can be also used to fight the NWO.....This is Thailand and not USA. See the last coup, it was a major set back for NWO....

• Like 1