Cannot access some websites since 3 days (with True Online)

zenplay

Yes, same problems for me using True - cannot access Guardian and some other sites. Also the download is very slow, despite download test showing 9.24 Mbps. Also some pages, (including TV) do not fully download. Tried calling True, but line busy, and have now just got through, but they will have to call back because their technical support is "very busy". My problem has been over the last 2-3 days.

Edited by samtam

Got through to True and they suggested changing the settings:

Go to Internet Options

Click on it

and then on Connections

then on Lan settings

then uncheck "automatically detect settings"

and click on "proxy server" and put in the address box:

"proxy.trueinternet.co.th"

and in the port box 8080

then click OK and it should be OK to view Guardian website and others with problems

True admit they have had cache problems in the the last few days. Don't know why they can't just sms all their customers with this instruction.

Got through to True and they suggested changing the settings:

Go to Internet Options

Click on it

and then on Connections

then on Lan settings

then uncheck "automatically detect settings"

and click on "proxy server" and put in the address box:

"proxy.trueinternet.co.th"

and in the port box 8080

then click OK and it should be OK to view Guardian website and others with problems

True admit they have had cache problems in the the last few days. Don't know why they can't just sms all their customers with this instruction.

You may want to read this thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/707215-true-internet-unbearably-slow-today/?p=7509157

I have had similar problems unable to access secure websites such as Facebook, google, youtube, apple. I thought it was at first because I had upgraded my OS X to 10.9.2 which made some significant changes to the way my computer handles website certificates. I tested every aspect on my mac, network configurations, browsers, tried open DNS, but the problem continued and while some of the aforementioned websites I could access sometimes, Facebook would not load once. I then switched from my TOT DSL connection to a tethered connection to True H 3G. Then Facebook worked immediately.
I have done several web searches into this problem and the only people that have been having these same issues are having it here in Thailand on home internet connections but there wasn't any similar problems happening to people outside of Thailand. So I strongly suspect that this is the Thai government doing something really stupid for reasons of political censorship which is affecting mostly broadband internet service. I will be watching this thread to see if anyone digs up some real answers to this.

But I do think that since the same problems are occurring over multiple platforms and different ISP's that it is some government idiots who want to censor and don't know what the heck they are doing. I am not an expert on computer networks by any means, and have just gone deducted that this is where the problem is happening. I am curious to find out if anyone with the skills can verify that this is where the problem is and if so, then what can we do to get them to stop these shenanigans. It is bad enough we have to put up with the slow bandwidth that sucks compared to most countries, but then on top of it they slow the whole thing down by trying to filter and censor data with IT personnel that don't know what they are doing.

Edited by bitterbatter

The issue is not fixed and now there is something more is coming out.

When I try to connect to a website with a port number Ex: www.apple.com:9095/index.html

now you get a response like this:

Access Denied (policy_denied)

Your system policy has denied access to the requested URL.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

bah.gif.pagespeed.ce.-cCHYEZ1Lo.gifcrazy.gifcrying.gif

I have a 100MBit True and I pay almost 6000 baht, this is not acceptable!

The crazy thing is that this is not happening on mobile network.

Is behind this Taksin?

Please live this thread alive and update on your status, please.