PM Yingluck pleads for new dialogue with protesters

webfact

PM Yingluck pleads for new dialogue with protesters
By Digital

13932340313817-640x390x2.jpg

SARABURI, Feb 24 – Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra today renewed her call for a dialogue with anti-government protesters to find a resolution to Thailand’s political impasse.

She said talks should be organised soon so that the people turn to each other to resolve the country’s problems together, but it depended on how it could be done.

Ms Yingluck made her renewed proposal in the wake of a string of attacks on rallies of the anti-government People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) in Trat province and downtown Bangkok's Ratchprasong over the weekend which killed and injured scores of people including children.

She expressed condolences to the families of victims and those injured in the violent incidents and said police were ordered to find the culprits.

Ms Yingluck visited an OTOP (One Tambon One Product) shopping complex in Saraburi today only to encounter a protest by PDRC supporters who verbally attacked her using a loudspeaker. She left the scene after a brief visit.

In an interview with the media on PDRC pressure against Shinawatra family’s businesses, she said in a shaken voice, “Won’t they allow even a space for me to stand? I am here to protect democracy. If I resign, there will be a vacuum which paves the way for an abolition of the Constitution and [bringing in] an undemocratic system. I have to protect democracy in my capacity as leader of the government.

“The election is not complete. If we allow a vacuum, confidence in the country will be jeopardy. I’m ready to cooperate with all quarters. Let us find solutions together. The PDRC has been demanding this for several months.”

PDRC secretary general Suthep Thaugsuban said protesters would not fight against members of the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) who threatened to move into Bangkok to confront his anti-government movement.

“Let me warn you (UDD supporters) that you are not allowed to carry weapons and you must demonstrate peacefully the way PDRC supporters have been doing,” he said.

“It is the duty of state security officials to deal with UDD supporters if they possess weapons. It’s not our business,” said Mr Suthep.

During his speech on stage at Lumpini, he expressed appreciation to Bangkok people for driving their cars to join the multi-pronged demonstrations at various government buildings and business offices of the Shinawatra family.

He said the PDRC would submit letters to the United Nations and Human Rights organisations to stress the PDRC’s stand on non-violent demonstration despite attempts to label it as violence instigator.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon called for an immediate end to the violence from any side, and urged the government to bring those responsible to justice. (MCOT online news)

Photo Credit: Yingluck Shinawatra Facebook

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-02-24

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

".... she said in a shaken voice, Wont they allow even a space for me to stand? I am here to protect democracy. If I resign, there will be a vacuum which paves the way for an abolition of the Constitution and [bringing in] an undemocratic system. I have to protect democracy in my capacity as leader of the government."

Protecting democracy at the cost of innocent human lives including children, who are just a few victims less for your so called "Allow me-Allow me space to stand..." Thaksin's words coming out of your mouth ...

• Like 1

"She expressed condolences to the families of victims and those injured in the violent incidents and said police were ordered to find the culprits.

Ms Yingluck visited an OTOP (One Tambon One Product) shopping complex in Saraburi today only to encounter a protest by PDRC supporters who verbally attacked her using a loudspeaker. She left the scene after a brief visit."

Reads as: "Sorry 'bout that, I'm going shopping now". **Smile Wave Smile Wave**

• Like 1

No talks... Suthep and Charlem in the ring, end of story smile.png

As theres been enough violence already I'm more for a B-Boy Battle. biggrin.png

Suthep's Palm Oil Posse Vs. Chalerm's Kantankerous Krew.

Edited by mca
  • Like 2

Is there an end to it all? She keeps saying she will not step down, the other side keeps saying they don't want to talk to her. Will this ever end? This has gotten boring now. Same news reports every day, same comments here from the two sides.

And meanwhile, people keep getting killed. Why aren't the powers above intervening?

• Like 1

"She expressed condolences to the families of victims and those injured in the violent incidents and said police were ordered to find the culprits.

Ms Yingluck visited an OTOP (One Tambon One Product) shopping complex in Saraburi today only to encounter a protest by PDRC supporters who verbally attacked her using a loudspeaker. She left the scene after a brief visit."

Does it really read as that? Instead of wasting bandwidth why don't you come up with a solution to Thailand's problems instead of writing silly unfounded comments

That goes for most of the TV posters who like to air their views, not one has come up with a sensible solution since these political problems have started

• Like 2

I was going to make reference to it being past time for all parties to stop throwing the toys out of the pram, but in light of the tragic deaths, most especially of innocent young children, I'll change it.

<deleted>, politicians of all parties! You are killing your country. You are killing your country's people. You are killing children. You are killing hope for the future.

Stop. Think. And if you are the poekple you want us to belive you are, stop the hate. Stop the senseless rhetoric and start to work together to find common ground from which you can work.

Neither side alone has the solution. No one has the monopoly on being right.

Stop behaving like fools, before you lead your supporters and innocent s to their death. One day you will have to talk: better to do this before any more bloodshed.

No posturing! No "i will if you will". Show the world that you can at least try to be statesmen.

• Like 1

RS/UDD should know that they and the law enforcement officers are in the 'open' while the militants of the dem's pdrc/pcad are hidden. The popcorn brigade surfaced only during and at certain 'signals'. They have been patterns on the way they are surfacing and I am sure investigators should pursue in that direction. Greater effort should be in the pursuing of the 'popcorn vendors, distributors and brigades'.

RS/UDD and law enforcement officers who are in the 'open' should also be aware of the way the dem's pdrc/pcad accused them and used them as scapegoats.

No talks... Suthep and Charlem in the ring, end of story smile.png

That'd be a short fight.... and that's if Suthep could catch Chalerm before he ran away.

No, if it's a Clash of the Titans you want or to paraphrase Saddam, the 'battle of the mothers', then you need to get Suthep and Thaksin in the ring together. Obviously it would have be on neutral territory but with any luck it should be a real bloodbath. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Does it really read as that? Instead of wasting bandwidth why don't you come up with a solution to Thailand's problems instead of writing silly unfounded comments

That goes for most of the TV posters who like to air their views, not one has come up with a sensible solution since these political problems have started

what does it matter would they listen to us ..?????wai2.gif

Another silly solution.

There are endless problems here to sort out as we all know, at this moment in time there is no room anymore for the SH## stirrers that are aggravating a mega problem here. The Shin family have to bow out starters. The police have to take care of the Thai people not run a business. The army should be trained to defend the country with half of the generals made redundant. NO politicians involved in any business. The courts to be shaken up and have more staff .

To end my version the high courts with power to rake through all of the past 3 years corrupt MPs, Police. and a.n. other.

with my post not sensible surely someone can add on and make it more sensible.

Without writing a saga of 3 pages

• Like 2

what does it matter would they listen to us ..?????wai2.gif

It's not about them listening it's about the endless drivel written on here by people who have no idea how to solve the problem, comments such as "she must be going shopping" and the like are a total waste of time, really why do people take their time to write such dross

We don't do too bad really on the amount of posters, most of this sort of talk is brought on by the very antics of supposedly intelligent government ministers.

The shopping comment come out of the extra ordinary visits abroad by the PM. and so on.

sometime we can see the funny side of politics here, no one can deny there is more rubbish spoken by all government officers than posters.

I like a joke, my posts are not the flavor of the month but I like everyone contributes to forum in some form or other, but we do have extremes here at times.

To add we also have some very good posters with sensible comments .

• Like 1