Jordan passport and TR visa to Thailand

first of all I would like to send you best 2004 wishes & thank you for this great website it's really so helpful one.

the truth I hared lot about the beauty of Thailand and I would like to visit.

but I had a little problem.

I'm Jordanian Citizen who live abroad I was searching the web if entry Visa required before travelling or I can obtain it at the airport ?

I didn't find any result by searching, there is no mention of Jordan in any of your websites. even at Thailand ministry of foreign affairs web there is nothing abut Jordan.

I would like to know to arrange what needed .

thanking you

I am not sure if Thailand has a diplomatic mission in Amman, Jordan, this might be old info, but might be worth a try:

Royal Thai Consulate-General

Asfour Building, Basman Street

P.O. Box 26

Amman 11118

Tel: (00962-6) 622343-4

Telex: (00962-6) 653217

When applying for the Transit Visa or Tourist Visas for Thailand at the Royal Thai Consulate General in Los Angeles, the following documents are required:

1. Your Jordan passport (valid for at least six more months and containing blank visa pages);

2. Six visa applications (completed and signed by applicant);

3. Six recent passport-type photographs;

4. A letter from the applicant's employer stating how long he or she has been employed and their salary. If the visa applicant owns their own business, please submit a letter on company letterhead explaining the type of business and how long the applicant has been in this business. A copy of the business certificate /license or seller's permit should be submitted along with the letter.

5. Six copies of the applicant's bank statement (minimum $1,000).

6. On the visa application, you must state the name and address of the hotel at which the visa applicant will be staying.

7. Six copies of your U.S. "Green Card" (both sides);

8. Six copies of the visa applicant's airline tickets showing all flights ( no open flights or one-way flights) in and out of Thailand. Itineraries will not be accepted. The applicant must follow their planned and noted itinerary.

9. Visa fee - Transit Visa = $20.00 per entry / Tourist Visa = $25.00 per entry - Visa fees can be cash, cashier's check, or money order - No personal or company checks will be accepted.

10. Return postage for mailing your passport and visa back to you (if applying by mail).

Please note that these regulations can change without notice.

The above is an example if you live in USA as a legal resident and apply there. If you are not a legal resident where you are most likely you will have to obtain in Amman. You might want to plug your information into the below web site:

Delta Visa Requirements Page

Dear George, & lopburi3, thank you for your reply .

I work as a TPP (Travel packages planner). which needs to be in countries where we intend to advert of. Central Europe, Africa, and Middle east.

truthfully, I mean no offence but after reading what (lopburi3) wrote ( I know this concerning Jordanians who live in U.S) but guess all will be the same.

so to spend a week or so in Thailand going to order me all these papers and documents I don't think I want to come any more ( its seems clear as a red light), by other meaning not welcome in Royal Thailand .

I'm sorry and sad same time, but what can I say.

any way I thank you for your help again.

best of luck

Dear George,

I'm now in Egypt working at some packages for the summer of 2004.

I work for Israeli Latvian Jordanian Travel agency (Bluebell SIA).

and bluebell agency has 2 offices in Latvia and Israel .

I work as a info collector. tour operator

I just want to add this matter because really i cant understand the point here, may you give an answer help me to understand.

why do i need to prove who am I all the time, I don't think Jordan that bad, I mean Jordanian do not considered as a troubles makers, this I touch because i work in groups and we do send to Europe and many places and far as I know we note no one problem.

even if we look at the 11th of Sept, there is no one Jordanian involved in what happen there.

I don't know but I think its unfair and we do not deserve such treatment especially from respectables countries such as Thailand.

even with what is required guess its Little bit (silly) such as 6 copies of many documents and 1000 USD, you know the ticket from middle east to Thailand coast around 600 USD, hotels in Thailand, transport, food, gifts and entertainment, guess going to coast over 1000 USD, no one want go to beg there.

there is a kind of travelers called (Budget) they live and travel with the minimum of expense even less than 1000 USD, and you welcome them warmly without proving any documents. and you offer them 3 months Visa at the airport.

I just want to say this is unfair.

you & I know well know, there is many Europeans and others who case real troubles in Thailand and work illegally and they travel to Cambodia every 3 months to renew the Visa and you all know this, but even with this they still welcome.

I'm sorry to bother you with my note but really I just feel so angry of unjust treatment.

and its not matter of getting visa or not, its matter of dignity. and I cant see any Thai assurance of such required only humiliations. because if I want to break the entry Law of Royal Thailand, I don't think what required is difficult to show.

I thank you and send you my best wishes .

Adam

That example was just that; an example. It is normally much harder for persons to obtain a visa outside their home country. As you seem to travel rather than be a resident of another country you should call the Embassy in Amman for requirements if you apply there - they probably will not be as intrusive as cited about for Los Angeles.

Dear George,

I'm now in Egypt working at some packages for the summer of 2004.

I work for Israeli Latvian Jordanian Travel agency (Bluebell SIA).

and bluebell agency has 2 offices in Latvia and Israel .

I work as a info collector. tour operator

I just want to add this matter because really i cant understand the point here, may you give an answer help me to understand.

why do i need to prove who am I all the time, I don't think Jordan that bad, I mean Jordanian do not considered as a troubles makers, this I touch because i work in groups and we do send to Europe and many places and far as I know we note no one problem.

even if we look at the 11th of Sept, there is no one Jordanian involved in what happen there.

I don't know but I think its unfair and we do not deserve such treatment especially from respectables countries such as Thailand.

even with what is required guess its Little bit (silly) such as 6 copies of many documents and 1000 USD, you know the ticket from middle east to Thailand coast around 600 USD, hotels in Thailand, transport, food, gifts and entertainment, guess going to coast over 1000 USD, no one want go to beg there.

there is a kind of travelers called (Budget) they live and travel with the minimum of expense even less than 1000 USD, and you welcome them warmly without proving any documents. and you offer them 3 months Visa at the airport.

I just want to say this is unfair.

you & I know well know, there is many Europeans and others who case real troubles in Thailand and work illegally and they travel to Cambodia every 3 months to renew the Visa and you all know this, but even with this they still welcome.

I'm sorry to bother you with my note but really I just feel so angry of unjust treatment.

and its not matter of getting visa or not, its matter of dignity. and I cant see any Thai assurance of such required only humiliations. because if I want to break the entry Law of Royal Thailand, I don't think what required is difficult to show.

I thank you and send you my best wishes .

Adam

Since 9/11 and Bali it has become a religious war, and you very well know that. Your only possibility is to apply for a visa at the Thai Embassy in your region, or at MFA in Bangkok. THE SINS OF THE FATHERS.

dr_Pat_Pong

I know its out of the subject now but you reply seems insensible

Bali... religious war !!!!!

THE SINS OF THE FATHERS.

is it Jordan fault ?

or let me ask what is the measuring here ??????????????????

this what i meant by UNJUST ..... the law of Thailand do not treat Arab countries all the same this mean it has nothing to do with Bali or the 11th of Sept.

I wont only fill a lines any how.

guess this wont ever ends...

* sorry for all readers this is totally out of the subject.

dr_Pat_Pong

I know its out of the subject now but you reply seems insensible

Bali... religious war !!!!!

THE SINS OF THE FATHERS.

is it Jordan fault ?

or let me ask what is the measuring here ??????????????????

this what i meant by UNJUST ..... the law of Thailand do not treat Arab countries all the same this mean it has nothing to do with Bali or the 11th of Sept.

I wont only fill a lines any how.

guess this wont ever ends...

* sorry for all readers this is totally out of the subject.

Adam...I guess that you are blissfully unaware of how difficult it can be for a Thai to visit Jordan.