Spirit House Renovation?...

sfokevin

I am looking at buying an old wood house (In my Thai partners name) outside Chaing Mai and renovate... In the front corner of the property among the weeds is a small disused Spirit House that is about to fall apart... My question is can I move it to a differnt part of the property (It is not near a specific tree) and secondly can I buy a new Sprit House to replace the old one?

Don't know but I have seen many piles of old spirit houses in my time here. Location was chosen by Feng Shui or some old biddy in the village.

Buy a new spirit house put in in the same location with some fruit and a bottle of red Fanta (with a straw) and after a few days the spirits will have moved into their new digs and you can dispose of the old one.Unless you wish to renovate the old one in which case repeat.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

I can understand ditching the old one, but why ugly up the yard with another one.

There are spirit house dumps along some rural roads. Just ask around.

My Thai partner would not sleep at night w00t.gif

You might be surprised how quickly a partner can adapt to a new home without a spirit house - if the new home is a nice upgrade :)

a small disused Spirit House that is about to fall apart

It surely can be moved but if you or someone else is concerned about it's desired function i.e. providing an abode for a spirit, you ought to consult a local expert for moving and "re-inviting" the spirit. Likewise if you plan to replace it and you're concerned about upsetting someone, consult a local expert; there is a specific procedure for removal of the old one.

Edited by Morakot