ll2

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it was a nice event again.

a lot of bikes this time though! especially beginner group was so crowded and a couple of idiots was among the ranks. two <deleted> pushed me just before diving intoa tight corner and neded to brake hard for not going out of the track with ABS constantly ticking. No ABS, i was on the ground roi percent.

Major gripe, bottled water finished fast during the second day and it was so hot man.

Again, my usual track buddies were there but our ranks are getting crowded each time, nice guys to meet.

Dainese had a special lounge for Daniese suit owners. Felt privileged being in front of the only AC cooler on the track! They were also cleainign teh suits for free but as i was ding two track time per session, no time to do that.

Dainese opened a special track time for each session - a total of 4 sessions we went last day - area for riders wearing Daniese suit but but one of our friend wearing Daniese innerwear also getaway with itlaugh.png

Also we got begginner course track time as well so got 2 track time per session. it was tiring but experience is important.

Yamaha, MV Agusta and KTM was there. Also some mod shops.

Bad thing is Yamaha mt09 was available for test ride but again could not find time to do that as well as was going for a session each 30 minutes nearly, what a pity as i really want to test that bike.

my track progress is getting better every time still i have way to go. It was a total of nearly 330 km at the end of two days on the track!!!

honda cbr650f handled well beyond my expectations also it does not feel heavy. power wise more than enough for my level. but of course i have just bought it so need to get used of it more.

I found BIRA easier when i compare with Keang Krachan. But BIRA Is smoother, faster and safer. Prefer Kaeng Krachan as it is more challenging and weather is cooler. Besides, all pits are side by side at Kaeng Krachan so people were more intimate and you can see every bike and everyone at a glance. At BIRA, pit areas are divided by walls and it is a lot bigger than Kaeng Krachan. Track is short though at 2,4 kms.

Also, got my first track accident!!!...

No worries , it is not something major, i brought a hammock to the pit and hammock went downtongue.png from 30 cm and i hit my a.s of course was with leathers and protective underwear so no probsbiggrin.png you see, protective gear can protect you anytime, anywhere!

Let the joke aside, hope i never do any real track accident. A couple of times of course got class calls but managed these situations well. ABS helps and unit is not so conservative on honda cbr650f which is also good.

There were around 10 accidents that i counted but BIRA is safer with tires and side gravel so all riders woke up quickly. One bike i have seen just disintegrate into million pieces though.

attended 650cc class race. There were 12 riders and i was 6th at the finish line, not that bad. First target was finishing the race without crashing and second target was not being last so managed to hit my targetsbiggrin.png

Photos coming but do to have many this time as it was hot and pit area is huge.

Overall, it was nice to be there and to see old buddies and to meet with new buddies.

Now, i know the limits of my bike and have more track experience. need to work on lean angle more and dive my head nicely to the corner, well, slowly and slowly. My aim is not being a track racer at the age of 36 but having more and more confidence on bikes be it on track or road.

Next track day will be on 3rd and 4th of May next month but they are not decided on the track yet. Either BIRA or Kaeng Krachan. BIRA is easier for them also more people is coming as location is easier. As the demand is great for the event, they might make these track days every month - i hope - apart from the rain season.

Well done Pirelli and Dainese!

note: rubber side down, Daniese did not present any suit during the event i dont know why but i will PM you the phone number of one of my friend working at Daniese. he can speak good English and he is very helpful, tell my name possibly they can help you more.

It was indeed a lot of fun, I made a short video ... I think Mr. II2 appears on a slide ... smile.png ... tell me what you think ...

Remember ... Spielberg had to start somewhere ...

Are you going to make it to the track day May 10 - 11?

LWM

Maan! Nice to see you here!

Nice video. It was a fun day.

I will be at BIRA on 10th of May and it will be more fun sure.

Did they call you?

• 2 weeks later...