Dainese Superbike Pirelli Track Day 29-30 March 2014 - BIRA

ll2

The Dainese BKK shop had pretty much their whole line (as well as AGV helmets) but the prices are really high on everything except close-outs and the occasional sale item- it's mostly 30-50% above what you'd pay in the US.

Thanks RSD, I may go there and try some new jackets and pants and then order online and ship it to canada before my next trip there. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^

That's generally what I do- I have a couple Dianese jackets- I got one from the BKK shop (it was closed-out for the same price as it would have been in the States) and the other one from Revzilla.;)

If you do end up getting one of their jackets, I recommend the Forcefield back protector insert (it goes in the jacket pocket and isn't a separate piece) that's made especially for Dainese (which is a different shape than most other manufacturers use).

• Like 2

Just got back from watching the races.

First race 300cc,

Second race unlimited,

3rd, 650 cc, right?

Third had the largest field...counted 36 riders.

The best 650 lap times seemed about the same as the fastest liter bikes.

• Like 1

Nice write up 112 . It was nice to meet some of the TV bikers at the track. I got my tires sorted out . I went with the Pirelli Angel GT's since I don't do any track time. Much nicer now that the bike has super grip again.

It looks like Bira is real hungry on tires. You gave those stock tires an intense riding for sure.Sorry I took off so quick but I really wanted to get the tires taken care of. I hope you didn't rough up your new bike to much! Nice pictures.I can only imagine what it was like running out of water. It was pretty hot out there Saturday & you guys were definitely dripping bullets with full gear on. I was sweating with shorts on & a tank top. It was fun watching all the track warriors.

• Like 2

Nice write up 112 . It was nice to meet some of the TV bikers at the track. I got my tires sorted out . I went with the Pirelli Angel GT's since I don't do any track time. Much nicer now that the bike has super grip again.

It looks like Bira is real hungry on tires. You gave those stock tires an intense riding for sure.Sorry I took off so quick but I really wanted to get the tires taken care of. I hope you didn't rough up your new bike to much! Nice pictures.I can only imagine what it was like running out of water. It was pretty hot out there Saturday & you guys were definitely dripping bullets with full gear on. I was sweating with shorts on & a tank top. It was fun watching all the track warriors.

Yes, good thing you changed your tires. Like I told you, the Angel GT's are arguably the best for day to day riding and performs extremely well in the wet, a bonus considering that we are now coming to the wet season. The old ones were really squared off. I'm surprised you even managed to take any corners with them :)

It was nice meeting your there beardog. Sorry we didn't get to chat much, I was a bit flustered by the heat and lots was happening all around as well. Hope to see you again the next time.

it was a nice event again.

a lot of bikes this time though! especially beginner group was so crowded and a couple of idiots was among the ranks. two <deleted> pushed me just before diving intoa tight corner and neded to brake hard for not going out of the track with ABS constantly ticking. No ABS, i was on the ground roi percent.

Major gripe, bottled water finished fast during the second day and it was so hot man.

Again, my usual track buddies were there but our ranks are getting crowded each time, nice guys to meet.

Dainese had a special lounge for Daniese suit owners. Felt privileged being in front of the only AC cooler on the track! They were also cleainign teh suits for free but as i was ding two track time per session, no time to do that.

Dainese opened a special track time for each session - a total of 4 sessions we went last day - area for riders wearing Daniese suit but but one of our friend wearing Daniese innerwear also getaway with itlaugh.png

Also we got begginner course track time as well so got 2 track time per session. it was tiring but experience is important.

Yamaha, MV Agusta and KTM was there. Also some mod shops.

Bad thing is Yamaha mt09 was available for test ride but again could not find time to do that as well as was going for a session each 30 minutes nearly, what a pity as i really want to test that bike.

my track progress is getting better every time still i have way to go. It was a total of nearly 330 km at the end of two days on the track!!!

honda cbr650f handled well beyond my expectations also it does not feel heavy. power wise more than enough for my level. but of course i have just bought it so need to get used of it more.

I found BIRA easier when i compare with Keang Krachan. But BIRA Is smoother, faster and safer. Prefer Kaeng Krachan as it is more challenging and weather is cooler. Besides, all pits are side by side at Kaeng Krachan so people were more intimate and you can see every bike and everyone at a glance. At BIRA, pit areas are divided by walls and it is a lot bigger than Kaeng Krachan. Track is short though at 2,4 kms.

Also, got my first track accident!!!...

No worries , it is not something major, i brought a hammock to the pit and hammock went downtongue.png from 30 cm and i hit my a.s of course was with leathers and protective underwear so no probsbiggrin.png you see, protective gear can protect you anytime, anywhere!

Let the joke aside, hope i never do any real track accident. A couple of times of course got class calls but managed these situations well. ABS helps and unit is not so conservative on honda cbr650f which is also good.

There were around 10 accidents that i counted but BIRA is safer with tires and side gravel so all riders woke up quickly. One bike i have seen just disintegrate into million pieces though.

attended 650cc class race. There were 12 riders and i was 6th at the finish line, not that bad. First target was finishing the race without crashing and second target was not being last so managed to hit my targetsbiggrin.png

Photos coming but do to have many this time as it was hot and pit area is huge.

Overall, it was nice to be there and to see old buddies and to meet with new buddies.

Now, i know the limits of my bike and have more track experience. need to work on lean angle more and dive my head nicely to the corner, well, slowly and slowly. My aim is not being a track racer at the age of 36 but having more and more confidence on bikes be it on track or road.

Next track day will be on 3rd and 4th of May next month but they are not decided on the track yet. Either BIRA or Kaeng Krachan. BIRA is easier for them also more people is coming as location is easier. As the demand is great for the event, they might make these track days every month - i hope - apart from the rain season.

Well done Pirelli and Dainese!

note: rubber side down, Daniese did not present any suit during the event i dont know why but i will PM you the phone number of one of my friend working at Daniese. he can speak good English and he is very helpful, tell my name possibly they can help you more.

Sorry I couldn't stay around for your race mate. I did hear later in the evening that you finished 6th - a fantastic accomplishment considering that your bike is pretty much stock and this was the open advance 650 race!!

Well done!!

• Like 2

Yes, good thing you changed your tires. Like I told you, the Angel GT's are arguably the best for day to day riding and performs extremely well in the wet, a bonus considering that we are now coming to the wet season. The old ones were really squared off. I'm surprised you even managed to take any corners with them smile.png

It was nice meeting your there beardog. Sorry we didn't get to chat much, I was a bit flustered by the heat and lots was happening all around as well. Hope to see you again the next time.

i offered the same advice to him the same day instead of buying rosso2s, just get Angels for longevity and price!

besides, the pattern of pirelli angles looks really good IMO on a bike.

Yes, good thing you changed your tires. Like I told you, the Angel GT's are arguably the best for day to day riding and performs extremely well in the wet, a bonus considering that we are now coming to the wet season. The old ones were really squared off. I'm surprised you even managed to take any corners with them smile.png

i offered the same advice to him the same day instead of buying rosso2s, just get Angels for longevity and price!

It actually turned out about 350 baht more for the Angel GT's as they are the top rated tire opposed to the 2nd to the top rated Rosso's. They are great. I so far don't notice any difference in the Angels compared to the Rosso's (except the new tires are new & wonderful as new tires are) If I was actually running track days the Rosso's would be better but these tires will probably be better in the long run & a little better in Rainy season. The tread pattern is pretty sharp on the Angels for sure! Next time I will come on the actual race day & not the practice so I can watch you guys master Bira.

• Like 2

It actually turned out about 350 baht more for the Angel GT's as they are the top rated tire opposed to the 2nd to the top rated Rosso's. They are great. I so far don't notice any difference in the Angels compared to the Rosso's (except the new tires are new & wonderful as new tires are) If I was actually running track days the Rosso's would be better but these tires will probably be better in the long run & a little better in Rainy season. The tread pattern is pretty sharp on the Angels for sure! Next time I will come on the actual race day & not the practice so I can watch you guys master Bira.

350 baht more but you will get close to double the mileage assuming normal street riding :)

Next time, you should come on the Saturday just to go round the track!!

• Like 1

Maybe I missed something, but Bira race day Sunday there were no venders selling food or drink.

I have never seen anything like that before in Thailand!

no there were.

On the back of the pits. Lots of food and drink also two shops selling goods like cigarettes etc.

Ok, that explains it. I stayed outside the loop.

Inside the loop, by the pits, is where all the action is. Food, drinks, "peetty" girls.... biggrin.png

and handsum sweaty wild looking sexy people in leathers:)

Edited by ll2

• 3 weeks later...

I got a SMS from Pirelli saying there is another track day on 10-11 May. They also sent me a SMS for 15% off Pirelli tires. Checked Bira website and the 10-11 May are booked for Super Moto? Call or SMS 091-721-9516 to register.

I got a SMS from Pirelli saying there is another track day on 10-11 May. They also sent me a SMS for 15% off Pirelli tires. Checked Bira website and the 10-11 May are booked for Super Moto? Call or SMS 091-721-9516 to register.

i received it too.

But i think it wil be held at Kaeng Krachan Track this time.

I received 15 percent discount coupon too which is handy for buying rosso2s or supercorsas at 10.000 km!

10 - 11 May is not a super good time for me though but i will be there.

i received it too.

But i think it wil be held at Kaeng Krachan Track this time.

I received 15 percent discount coupon too which is handy for buying rosso2s or supercorsas at 10.000 km!

10 - 11 May is not a super good time for me though but i will be there.

The SMS I got said: "Academy and trackday round 2 will be held at Bira Circuit 10-11 May Call or SMS 091-721-9516 to register." I'll call them tomorrow anyway.

Yes it is confirmed at BIRA Track. Spoke with the guys.

Also Honda Bigwing Bkk will provide track sessions for Honda users.

So will get Dainese, Honda and beginner sessions altogether 3 at each period! Luck I am with correct brandsbiggrin.png

Nice!

Yes it is confirmed at BIRA Track. Spoke with the guys.

Also Honda Bigwing Bkk will provide track sessions for Honda users.

So will get Dainese, Honda and beginner sessions altogether 3 at each period! Luck I am with correct brandsbiggrin.png

Nice!

Yeah I just called them too. Thought it was Sunday today! Free instruction with Pirelli also and 15% off Pirelli's if you came last time!

Great! Another track day!

Could not find it on Pirelli Thailand facebook.

How do you guys get the notifications?

They have out contacts from the track days before so they call and inform us.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 weeks later...