Need Info: Boat To Luang Prabang

boxig

Hi,

We want to go for few days to Luang Prabang by boat, probably from Chiang Saen. Anyone who made this boat trip please supply some information, best company, price, where to book in Chiang Mai, tips and any important thing we have to know.

Thank you

box

Edited by boxig

Hi box:

I don't think there is any boat from Chiang Sean. I took this trip 10 years ago. We took the boat from Chiang Khong to LP. It took one whole day to get there. But it was worth the journaey as LP was still pristine with hardly any tourists. And in those days very few boats operating. The one I was on was chartered by our group of friends. I think there are more now. Sorry I can't give any detailed info now perhaps later when I find out. I think the best time to go to LP is in Nov or Dec when the rain stopped and the river is swollen and not rough. During rainny season, it may not be so enjoyable.

Dekbannok

Hi,

We want to go for few days to Luang Prabang by boat, probably from Chiang Saen. Anyone who made this boat trip please supply some information, best company, price, where to book in Chiang Mai, tips and any important thing we have to know.

Thank you

box

Yes, Box. There are flights from Chiang mai to LP. But then you will miss the fun of the boat trip down the mekong. If you can, waiting till end of the year.

dekbannok

dekbannok

Thanks. Yes, I forgot about the water current this time of the year.

How about a flight from Chiang Mai to Luang Prababg ?

Thanks

box