How gullible do they think we are ?

mandee

Very gullible I think!

Just few personal experiences..in 2 years of single life in Chiang Mai..

1) On my first date ever in Thailand, a 42yo hair salon owner took me to a shopping mall for me to buy for her a 6000THB/cellular ...

2) On a first date a 43yo police officer shows me a brochure of new houses for sale in Chiang Mai..over 3 million bath.... saying "if you buy for me today we get married tomorrow"

3) On a first date with a 60yo active school principal, she said that she was looking for an older guy to get married, and to take care...if its will paid the 1 million debt she had....

4) On my first date with a 32yo, she asked for a 25000THB "loan" to buy merchandise for the opening of a restaurant she supposedly was opening that week...

5) On my first date, a 41yo told me that she will be my "exclusive" gik if I give her 20000THB/month.....I called her later to see if I can have another date. She responded that she already got a farang willing to pay her...and do not have time for me...that week.

6) On my first date with a 60yo retired government employee, she said that nothing was left of her retirement money and she was broke, and need a husband to pay her debts, her home mortgage, and her car loan....

My list for "favors" requests in second an third dates is too long to post here.

In compensation..I have a long list of nice dates too....and I am a "Cheap Charlie". Some still good friends, just friends.

I am married with a wonderful woman now.

By the way...I love Thailand!

so to which numbers did you gave in ? none? all ? some ?

just post 2nd date info, interested

and how old are you that you go on a first date with a 60 year old fossile ?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a side track: a Thai friend of mine in Bangkok, in his 30s, a real player, despite being married, once got a phone number from

a 17 year old girl while for work in Udon Thani. He convinced her to come to Bangkok to meet. We had dinner. She left later that night on the bus back to Udon Thani (she had arrived that same day).

My friend kept in touch with her via chat/sms................until a week later she wanted him to send her Baht 5,000 for cosmetics and bags.....he 'ditched' her right then and there,

broke off contact. Guess she thought he was gullible too. I later asked him about it. He said it was a "pity, because she had not put out yet". smile.png

So, Thais girls/women try the same with Thai men too.

Well, at least with sex-workers world wide, you know 'roughly' what you are getting.

It is fairly straight forward and I have known, and known of, a fair number of farang

women, who have set themselves up in business from the "gold mine they're sitting on."

As Charlie Sheen once famously said.

"I don't pay girls for sex, I pay them to leave in the morning."

The day you want one to be available again the next night, that's when you have to be careful.

I never was. No regrets. . .

• Like 1

Very gullible I think!

1) On my first date ever in Thailand, a 42yo hair salon owner took me to a shopping mall for me to buy for her a 6000THB/cellular ...

2) On a first date a 43yo police officer shows me a brochure of new houses for sale in Chiang Mai..over 3 million bath.... saying "if you buy for me today we get married tomorrow"

3) On a first date with a 60yo active school principal, she said that she was looking for an older guy to get married, and to take care...if its will paid the 1 million debt she had....

4) On my first date with a 32yo, she asked for a 25000THB "loan" to buy merchandise for the opening of a restaurant she supposedly was opening that week...

5) On my first date, a 41yo told me that she will be my "exclusive" gik if I give her 20000THB/month.....I called her later to see if I can have another date. She responded that she already got a farang willing to pay her...and do not have time for me...that week.

6) On my first date with a 60yo retired government employee, she said that nothing was left of her retirement money and she was broke, and need a husband to pay her debts, her home mortgage, and her car loan....

My list for "favors" requests in second an third dates is too long to post here.

In compensation..I have a long list of nice dates too....and I am a "Cheap Charlie". Some still good friends, just friends.

so to which numbers did you gave in ? none? all ? some ?

just post 2nd date info, interested

and how old are you that you go on a first date with a 60 year old fossile ?

I am 70 my friend....In my country, Brazil, it is a say...." When we are young we have all the women we want and we don't know what to do with them.....When we are old we know what to do with them...but we do not have all the women we want.."...even in Brazil, where intelligent young women prefer "fossils" to "amateurs".....

About second dates?....I had a good one.

I met most women on the Internet, and some were from other provinces. I was only willing to travel to meet them if I felt that will worth my travel time and money. I do not own a car. On my first e-mail contact with a 40yo living few hours from my home, she said that she wanted to meet me and she will drive her car to meet me in my home. I just give her my phone number saying.."call me when you are close"...and I went to my favorite coffee shop to stay hours online like always was doing. By my surprise, she called me when I was there, and she comes to the coffee shop, and she was an attractive woman. I decided to have coffee and a nice chat with her. Nothing more. Well...after few minutes, she said that she was a business woman, very busy, and didn't had too much time for chatting..that she will like to see my home. Okkkkk...I took her to my home, and few minutes later will were in bed. After no so much time, she left saying that she will come back with more time in 2 days. I didn't believe her, but she called again saying that she was coming. This time I staged my house for a nice "stay". She arrived.....with her mother and her sister...telling me that she will like to go dinner to talk about marriage.

I told them that I already had dinner...and never saw her again....

• Like 2

About 30 years ago I worked for a guy who had a favorite saying...........There is a fine line between a wife and a hooker, and sometimes those lines cross.

I always laughed but I saw a few blokes that were offended at least until that wife divorced them. cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Very gullible I think!

Love it!

I can see you there smiling away as they poured their stupid "hearts" out to you. It is really great when you know the game and play along!

Me? Had many the same and also played along. I also has some genuinely lovely middle calss women with good jobs but that spark just wasn't there for me to commit full term.

I am a lucky guy now with the best woman a guy could ever find...and she's not Thai! Go to Mauritius for some truly lovely women.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I have traveled and lived in many poor, developing countries. Never have I been asked to 'lend' money to people so much as in Thailand. When I first came here I was cashed up and gullible. In the first 3 years here l lent over 3,000,000 B to 17 different people. For everything from operations for mother, to opening a business, to can't pay the rent, to ticket to Switzerland to start job, need money for new born baby or they won't let me leave hospital etc etc etc. Never been paid back even 1 baht........gave up asking for repayment last year. But strict policy of absolutely no loans to Thai people anymore. I might add that a lot of these people earn more money than me and consider themselves my friends. Also never had any kind of sexual relationship with any of them.

Wherever I go in the world, I maintain a policy of "don't lend what you can't afford to give".

Good advice. I have finally learnt. And on the last loan to the unwed girl with the bady: even my Thai friends said I would never get the money back. Just consider it a gift to the baby for good luck, if I was going to do it.

They only need to experience (or hear about) one or two occasions where a guy was naively generous ... after that, many of them will tempted to try this stuff when the opportunity arises. Can't really blame them. I few years ago, I'd set up a lunch date with a Thai girl I'd just met and she suggested we each bring a friend (i.e., hoping to get a free lunch for her friend as well). I invited an older American friend who was quite pleased with his 'blind date'... both the girls were very attractive. The problem was when we walked through a department store on the way back from the restaurant, his girl noticed a Chanel perfumes counter and my friend immediately offered to buy his girl a very pricey bottle (around $200 if I recall). And they'd met only 2 hours before! Of course, my girl asked for a bottle also, but I saw no need to throw away cash like this and, of course, ended up looking like a right rectum. Also chewed out my friend but good for 1) splashing out money when things were going just fine, and 2) putting me in a situation where I either did the same or ended up looking like the jerk. But enough guys do this sort of thing to for it to set up expectations ....

• Like 1

Very gullible I think!

Either you have the worst 1st dates in the world or you are full of it,i suspect the latter.

Very gullible I think!

Love it!

I can see you there smiling away as they poured their stupid "hearts" out to you. It is really great when you know the game and play along!

Me? Had many the same and also played along. I also has some genuinely lovely middle calss women with good jobs but that spark just wasn't there for me to commit full term.

I am a lucky guy now with the best woman a guy could ever find...and she's not Thai! Go to Mauritius for some truly lovely women.

Nice. I have a very good friend with a wife he met in Mauritius surfing. They've been married a long time now . . very happy

You could say that being gullible is the other side of the coin to trusting other people. I've heard many 'experts' say that the reasons for why northern european countries, and likely many smaller american towns, are so succesful and with little crime is because people there trust each other.

When I believe I can trust my neighbor is when I can stop building a huge wall and instead build something more productive.

The ability to trust others and therefore work together is to some degree a prerequisite for functioning society. Some people don't get that and would rather stuff their face today from swindling someone instead of eating well for the rest of their lives.

Perhaps the poor are poor because they have poor morals.

Very interesting.

I filled in for a friend who had a radio music/ talk show, just the once and the subject I chose to discuss on air, was whether or not people thought we had a trusting society. (At that time in Australia) It was pretty interesting. My honest perception after spending about 4 years in Thailand over a period of about 7, is there is less trust here.

I think two factors effect this trust quotient. Poverty and population density as in cities.

A girl phoned in to the show who was somewhat notorious for having been put up the duff by Bob Dylan. She was definitely on the negative. Judging by the number of single mothers in Thailand and in particular the Philippines, I have not been surprised by attitudes some of them have to their own kind. Seriously off.

My ex husband was told by a Thai woman that a monk said they knew each other in a last life and she had lived in a monastery as a monk for 7 years. He believed her and started an affair. I left him because of it. He was very gullible.

You think that was the reason? I'd say the fact that she was younger and had a nice body might have played a bigger role. The monk could have said she was a raccoon in a previous life and he an acorn and it wouldn't have made any difference.

Edited by Berkshire
  • Like 1

She certainly is NOT in sex industry , as you are being scammed without even getting any sex.

The "good" girls do not charge by the day or hour, they charge monthly , unless of course you are from the sexy man brigade who marry high so lawyers half the age and 1/3 the weight ;)

They don't have to be hi so to get a job.

And if "they" don't agree to what you want, what sort of sulk do you go off in?

Most farang seem to rush to Thai Visa to seek the company & support of the amen chorus of fellow sulk-ees who've traveled thousands of miles for something they couldn't get back home. Now when it comes to paying for it, they throw a righteous indignation tantrum. I am, of course, speaking of their quest for warm weather and a beach chair.

\MjAxMy02MGYzMTExZGM4ZTViZWQ5.png

Nary a thread goes by without Super Suradit- Protector of All Things Thai, blaming the victim when a Thai scams/attacks and making ridiculous generalizations about westerners on LOS. The old Thai-can-do-no-wrong defense. The song's getting real old.

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

Either you have the worst 1st dates in the world or you are full of it,i suspect the latter.

No, my experience here as well when I first arrived, comes from fishing in polluted waters

My ex husband was told by a Thai woman that a monk said they knew each other in a last life and she had lived in a monastery as a monk for 7 years. He believed her and started an affair. I left him because of it. He was very gullible.

You think that was the reason? I'd say the fact that she was younger and had a nice body might have played a bigger role. The monk could have said she was a raccoon in a previous life and he an acorn and it wouldn't have made any difference.

Not necessarily, and don't blame the victim anyway.

A western girl may be a centerfold-10 but if she plays the game as an intelligent equal against even a lesser physical specimen who plays "to win" pretending she's devoting her whole heart and soul to making you happy, not just willing to provide anything you like on demand but actively anticipating your desires, that's pretty powerful stuff, even if you do know you're paying for the playing.

Many many guys would rather feel like they're in control rather than having a mature modern "relationship".

Love it!

Nice. I have a very good friend with a wife he met in Mauritius surfing. They've been married a long time now . . very happy

For sure Magg.

Any guy I know with a Mauritian woman is as happy as a bee in honey. Six years for me so far and as happy as that bee!

They just have it...always in good humour, a lot of stunners, easy going and take care of you like no others.

Yes....highly recommended.