Driving lessons in BKK

blossombkk

As with most things in Thailand, i would highly recommend teaching her yourself.

Normally I would agree with you, however in this case I would imagine its probably better she smashes up someone elses car rather than the OPs.

Whereabouts in Bkk are you?

There are a few schools in the BangKapi area.

I have never ever seen a Lesson car like in Europe here in BKK. I wonder how they teach how to drive though.

I see parents letting their kids drive in their car here in the moobaan. Very dangerous though because there are loads of new cars driving here and kids on bikes who don't keep left at all.

Also i saw them teaching the kids how to park between pylons, very funny because he drove totally over the pylons many times with daddy's Camry.

It would be great to have a real driving scool in BKK for the ones that can afford it. I mean European style where you get at least 40 hours of lessons behind the wheel before you can do exam.

Thank you for the replies.

Somehow my post ran off before I finished writing it, and didn't publish my full question, so here it is:

I am looking for a driving teacher or school since I want her to pass the driving test in Thailand.

We live near Chong Nonsi which is Silom/Shatorn area.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

http://search.yellowpages.co.th/en/search.jsp?txtWhat=Driving+Instruction&txtWhere=Bangkok&map_radius=5&bttnsubmit=&userLatLng=

Charoen Krung Road, maybe one klik south of Trok Chan road on the right side before you get to the Menam Hotel there are two or three small outfits competing with each other so probably not expensive especially if she is Thai and goes without you to make the initial inquiries.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=13.708034,100.508806&hl=en&num=1&gl=us&t=m&z=16

Edited by wym

you know that old story of how you teach people to swim by throwing them in the white waters of a river. Well there you go, I suggest you take matters into your own hands assuming you did not bribe your way to your drivers license as is known to occur in the us a lot. I was undertaken by a teaching car the other day, and I'm not a slow driver, obviously the instructor was explaining the competitiveness on Thai roads.

More seriously though, give your daughter a quick lesson in physics e.g. how much distance does an object weighing a ton travelling at 80 kph need to bring itself to a stop? you know the sort of thing "common sense " but basically if you happen to be the one tailgating or a large truck is tailgating you there is no way in hell the buggers can stop in time. Other lessons are about bossing the road .

and for Thailand the most important. "they really are out to get you................even if they risk their own, their families and everybody elses life to do so they are out to get you"

and as for passing the test, it is a joke, you might as well put potential drivers in dodgems. Real driving skills , the ones that will save your life are not taught in Thailand. They are often learnt the hard way.

you know that old story of how you teach people to swim by throwing them in the white waters of a river. Well there you go, I suggest you take matters into your own hands assuming you did not bribe your way to your drivers license as is known to occur in the us a lot. I was undertaken by a teaching car the other day, and I'm not a slow driver, obviously the instructor was explaining the competitiveness on Thai roads.

More seriously though, give your daughter a quick lesson in physics e.g. how much distance does an object weighing a ton travelling at 80 kph need to bring itself to a stop? you know the sort of thing "common sense " but basically if you happen to be the one tailgating or a large truck is tailgating you there is no way in hell the buggers can stop in time. Other lessons are about bossing the road .

and for Thailand the most important. "they really are out to get you................even if they risk their own, their families and everybody elses life to do so they are out to get you"

and as for passing the test, it is a joke, you might as well put potential drivers in dodgems. Real driving skills , the ones that will save your life are not taught in Thailand. They are often learnt the hard way.