Mae Sai to Chiang Saen road, finished?

Chiengmaijoe

It's a while since I went that way, I was wondering if that road is completed now.

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to do a visa stamp at Chiang Khong without actually entering Laos , ie do a straight out and back in to Thailand without paying to go into Laos. I don't need to do it but a friend does. Is that what people do at Maesai, out and in without paying to enter Myanmar?

I took the route from in town Mae Sai... Mueang Deang road. It meets up with the hiway. Was a typical road till the hiway and then a nice new hiway at the corner.

SGH-I337 abusing Tapatalk Pro

Edited by wcoast

The new road from Mae Sai to Chiang Saen is finished and very pleasant drive. At Chiang Khong you get stamped out of Thailand and then you must cross the Mae Khong river to Huay Sai and get stamped into Laos - it cost $30 US or 1500 Baht last time I did it. Then cross the river again and get stamped back into Thailand. Unless you really want to have a short trip across the river and a Laos stamp in your passport - it is easier and cheaper to do everything at Mae Sai - where you walk over the bridge to Myanmar and get passport stamped for $10 US or 500 Baht and then walk back to Thailand and get stamped in - whole thing takes less than 5 minutes - unless you want to go shopping in the market at Tachileik

The new road from Mae Sai to Chiang Saen is finished and very pleasant drive. At Chiang Khong you get stamped out of Thailand and then you must cross the Mae Khong river to Huay Sai and get stamped into Laos - it cost $30 US or 1500 Baht last time I did it. Then cross the river again and get stamped back into Thailand. Unless you really want to have a short trip across the river and a Laos stamp in your passport - it is easier and cheaper to do everything at Mae Sai - where you walk over the bridge to Myanmar and get passport stamped for $10 US or 500 Baht and then walk back to Thailand and get stamped in - whole thing takes less than 5 minutes - unless you want to go shopping in the market at Tachileik

Very useful posting

Best wishes

Wiley Coyote