Water Problem Pratumnak

bartender100

I've been boring people about this for years. They're building big condo blocks all over Pratumnak. Have you seen that one going up down at Bali Hai pier? But I haven't seen any sign of water mains and sewers going in to service them. It's all very well having water in Maprachan lake, but you have to get it from there to Pratumnak. Also, if you don't build a sewage treatment works then all the sewage from those condos will be going straight into the sea.

• Like 1

I've been boring people about this for years. They're building big condo blocks all over Pratumnak. Have you seen that one going up down at Bali Hai pier? But I haven't seen any sign of water mains and sewers going in to service them. It's all very well having water in Maprachan lake, but you have to get it from there to Pratumnak. Also, if you don't build a sewage treatment works then all the sewage from those condos will be going straight into the sea.

Details, details...no need to worry about such things when there's lots of money to be made flogging theses condos off to unsuspecting foreigners who come from places that actually require developers to put in appropriate infrastructure and so they assume the same here. It's only later they discover there's no water to take a shower and they're swimming in sewage at the beach.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya
  • Like 1

One would expect demand for water to be higher during the day/evening than at 1am, and so one would expect any shortages to be more apparent at those times also. So this is probably just down to some repair work going on somewhere.

Ever imagined how many bargirls are taking a shower with their customer around that time ?

• Like 2

A bit off topic.

I have read this 'sewerage going directly into the sea' in pattaya and other areas before.

How true is this and where is the source, evidence and proof of such please?

So developers in Thailand are not require to construct and provide sewer lines to/and sewerage treatment.

Is not sewerage and treatment also a govt municipal affair?

Does it not cost just as much to construct a 'pipeline' that goes (far) off away from the beach into the sea?

How many houses and construction projects rely simply on the waste water to seep in the ground (in other words do as little as possible with the waste)?

How about septic tanks.

I do however very much appreciate all the posts i have read about the difficulty some have with water here, very insightful thanks.

There was a problem with the municipal water supply to parts of Jomtien and S.Pattaya where they totally closed the main conduit coming in to the area from the south to do repairs. I believe it started in Oct (?) and was to last for three months.

My Jomtien condo was in the affected area, and until about mid-January we had no municipal water and had to rely on tanker trucks bringing it in. Then the municipal water again flowed into the condo tanks. But, a few weeks ago it has been on, off, on, off, on, etc. The building management says it's the city who keeps turning off the water supply, but not sure why, and never know in advance when.

I wonder if your water supply is somehow tied in to that supply system. Maybe it comes on during the day enough to fill your tanks but the tanks empty out by 100am?

Interestingly I notice there is a story in the Thailand news thread about the Metropolitan Waterworks Authority (MWA) warning people in Bangkok they should prepare for possible water shortages as the dry season is expected to be prolonged for many months.

In that case I hope we are not going to see ridiculous amounts of wasted water when they start splashing it around in April bah.gif