90 day Tourist Visa from Australia Need a bit of computer help please

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am hoping someone could give me a bit of help

I am trying to get a tourist visa for Thailand 60 days that I can extend for another 30.I think that is what I need and have done many times before.I want to travel from Brisbane.I want to do this by mail it is hard for me to get to Brisbane from where I live as I cannot drive.

On the Brisbane site I am get to down load the form it says PDF??? When I go to print it out the form comes out very light you can see it but only just you could not fill it in is just like a blank piece of paper.I have tried have few things on the net and checked my computer but it is just the same very light application form.I have had a look and other Embassy sites Canberra,Sydney and I can print it ok but the are saying you have to pick it could they do not mail.I have never had any trouble before just fill in the form send with my passport get if back in 5 days.This has been going on for 5 days.I have emailed the Embassy 4 days ago but no reply.I was wondering if anyone is having any trouble with Brisbane or just me.I do not know if this a computer problem or a Visa problems,Mods feel free to post where you like.I have not be drinking but if I get this right I might have a few.Also I can go onto Note Pad do some printing and it comes out perfect.

ThankS for your help

Mick

OP: Yes form is light grey when printing, but still perfectly visable. You say you've checked your printer, so may be you need new glassessmile.png

http://www.thaiconsulate.org/docs/Application-For-Visa.pdf

We've all seen these ancient forms, best exclude 'eye impairment' quirks & just recommend a photo editing program to heighten contrast. Afterwards, a desktop program to add 'text' fields to the relevant areas...text size at 9 points. Sans Serif preferred.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You man need a better pdf program... Some of the Pdf Viewers are just exactly that...and you cannot fill in the form. You need a PDF editor, possibly.

Ok I think you are onto it it was saying about PDF.where do I get one what is the best,do they cost over $1000

You man need a better pdf program... Some of the Pdf Viewers are just exactly that...and you cannot fill in the form. You need a PDF editor, possibly.

Ok I think you are onto it it was saying about PDF.where do I get one what is the best,do they cost over $1000

Very much doubt you would be permitted to modify with a PDF editor. As suggested check your printer settings for darkness/DPI? However it might be useful to download the latest version of Adobe's PDF reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader/

the op is asking why the form prints so lightly not why he cannot edit it to fill in his details.

the op is asking why the form prints so lightly not why he cannot edit it to fill in his details.

That is right Sir

When you open the doc and go to print it, another print information window should pop up, right? Look around on that one for something about print quality, and select "Best" quality.

Click around on a few things until you find something that looks right, and give it a go with some scrap paper so you aren't wasting good paper. That's how you learn, trial and error. You are unlikely to break or screw anything up too badly, if you think you are about to, just hit cancel and back out, no worries.

This is the solution: select the option to print in black and white only, not in colour or grey tones. As you did not mention the make and model of your printer, I can't give you precise instruction how to make this selection.

• Like 1