Charupong disagrees with a foreign mediator

webfact

Charupong disagrees with a foreign mediator

215370-imagejpeg-329627-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Interior Minister Charupong Ruangsuwan said Thursday that he disagreed with a suggestion that UN secretary-general be invited to mediate the ongoing political conflict.

He said that a foreign mediator was not necessary because he believed there are still Thai people who are politically neutral and who have influence to mediate the conflict.

But whoever the mediator is, the interior minister stressed that the election must go on.

Mr Charupong who is also the Pheu Thai party leader admitted that it was inappropriate for a foreigner to meddle in the domestic affairs of Thailand.

He categorically denied the accusation that he incited members of the public to rise up and to fight for a separate homeland from the kingdom.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/charupong-disagrees-foreign-mediator/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-02-28

"He said that a foreign mediator was not necessary because he believed there are still Thai people who are politically neutral and who have influence to mediate the conflict"

All the neutrals I've met just don't care. They wanna be left alone and left out of it as long as it doesn't affect them.

You need someone who can see both sides for who they are and who genuinely wants to help people.

It is hard to find someone who is neutral , everyone has a their own agenda , while this is a good if it is to help the people of Thailand , the majority only are there to represent themselves, until you clear the decks , elect people from the community, not selected because of their status or bank account , Thailand will always have a divide and a political system open to abuse.bah.gif

"He said that a foreign mediator was not necessary because he believed there are still Thai people who are politically neutral and who have influence to mediate the conflict"

He followed up this statement with: "In fact, I have one of those politically neutral people right here in my back pocket."clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Edited by jaltsc

The country is, to all intents and purposes, 100% ungovernable. Yingluck will not show her face in Bangkok for months, Red Shirts are shutting down the NAAC offices, and now the EC offices are next on the list. Wonder why, if there is nothing to hide? But this clown insists that the election must go on, to wherever it may end. He is dumber than dumb.

• Like 2

Thaksin as been careful not to make YL party leader. This guy is the PTP party leader and should they be ousted and the books open up a lot of shit could be dumped his way.

He doesn't want outside mediators poking about anymore than the can afford for PTP to lose power and secrecy.

The old Palermo rule again: What happens in la familia...

Best solution: find a foreigner with a Thai passport, who understands thainess, obeying the hierarchy system and taking care that nobody will loose face! And to make the masses accept that persons views and suggestions, look for a soap opera star.

Good luck with that!

Of course they would never accept help from a farang too much of a loss of face

Leave them to it

According to TV,s finest thai cultural "experts" Ban ki Moon is not a farang he is a little Asian man Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

Charupong is correct. Only a Thai can appreciate the embedded corruption in the Thai culture, impotency of the police, and the web of conflict of interests vital to Thai political life. So who in Thai society is the Godfather that can mediate bewteen the two political sides and make an offer that can't be refused? What about a judge in the Supreme Court?

Seems a fair indication that in truth the P.T.P. is about as unified and complete as dissected cadaver after a post mortem .Said post mortem having already been performed by the people of Thailand.

Now we see that from the detritus of the coroners results that the assorted body parts are trying to reincarnate themselves as leaders of the deceased P.T.P.

'Twill be interesting to see if Doctor Frankenstein is available from Dubai to perform the restoration of life to his monster.

'He said that a foreign mediator was not necessary because he believed there are still Thai people who are politically neutral and who have influence to mediate the conflict.

But whoever the mediator is, the interior minister stressed that the election must go on.'

So a neutral mediator for this guy is one who follows his political agenda? What if the mediator wants to start election process from scratch?

Do the people that form the Council of Ministers have any clue about collective responsibility?

Do they understand the difference between opening their ministerial gobs as opposed to their party traps?

I know they are on a rudderless ship, but their daily ejaculations are just irredeemably inept.

Both sides sound like a chorus of 'soi dogs'.

And now, for something completely different:

http://www.uio.no/studier/emner/sv/iss/SGO2400/h05/undervisningsmateriale/Sidel.pdf

Bossism and Democracy in the Philippines, Thailand, and Indonesia.

• Like 1

Charupong is correct. Only a Thai can appreciate the embedded corruption in the Thai culture, impotency of the police, and the web of conflict of interests vital to Thai political life. So who in Thai society is the Godfather that can mediate bewteen the two political sides and make an offer that can't be refused? What about a judge in the Supreme Court?

Good point...Good question,,not sure if any of the Supreme Court Justices here are neutral ,,but I believe that the problem is so much bigger than this one small slice of history... as each day goes on in this morass of inequity, greed, lack of transparency, et al... it always takes me back to personal integrity and education of the young..these old goats are not gonna change anything that got them where they are.. they can't even if they wanted to... there may be some people about who can give it a go.. I can't name them though and they may be out there but if I make a list and then do even the simplest research on any of the names I or others come up with... there are more reasons for them not to be the one to take the helm..it is so embedded... I fear we are generations away from ample reduction in the things that keep this merry-go-round going the same way it has for 80 some years.. and likely that real education and real learning from history..Thai and others would be helpful..but even that seems a long way off...most people here (in my neck of the woods) just want the mess in BKK to go away and they want their lives back to where they were 6 months ago...

Edited by DirtFarmer