How to remove water and soap marks from glass shower

ttthailand

If all else fails, ammonia works, and with the least effort, but it has a more than pungent smell. You need a pedestal fan trained on you so you can breathe.

If you go down the muriatic/hydrochloric acid path, ensure it doesn't touch anything metallic or anodized metal.

Have you ever seen Ammonia in Thailand ?

Been looking for it for a loooooong time.

Man, you need to get out more.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Brilliant post, you have posted twice, was the first post as helpful/funny as this one?

Please share (your post count will go up by one and I am sure everyone will be impressed.)

BTW why not change your screen ID to Troll222 ?

Oh well, back to the OP.

Our shower screen glass had not been cleaned for 8 months whilst we were away.

The shower was used daily and the build up was heavy.

In Big C there are many cleaning products containing Hydrochloric Acid. We bought one in a pink bottle with 13% acid.called Happy Bath (In Thai), It has a logo in an oblong box containing a big B with a smiley face next to it. It was not expensive for the 1 Ltr bottle.

I poured a little on a sponge and wiped the glass clean in seconds and rinsed off each glass before the acid dried. Then dryed the glass as usual.

We normally dry the glass and tiles after use with a Scotch Brite squeezy, also from Big C.

We need to use the acid about twice a year or less, as long as we use the squeezy.

​As someone already posted, keep the acid of aluminium and chrome.

The metal of our screens is powder coated, heat treated paint so no problems.

​However, its not a good idea to leave an acid solution in the basin if it is plastic or fibreglass.

The acid will denature the plastic

It all depends on the quality of the glass also of course, but when calcium stains have been on glass for extended time, there is little chance you can get them removed with any product, because the calcium impregnates in the glass.

When using the professional calcium removers, it may look better since it removes the white ( dry ) color of the stains. but if you take a close look under a different angle you will see that they are still there

I had the same problem and tried many products some of which have been mentioned in this post..

This is what I found successful and easy and relatively cheap to do.

Use 'Blue Duck' cleaner with a scotchbrite pad then rinse off. Also good for shower tray and walls.

Hardly any muscle needed but you will have to do it about once a month to keep it looking nice if in a hard water area.

Warning keep away from taps or shower head if chrome as it will discolor them.

Ignore the cheap comments, it is either from those who have no pride in the way things look or have never cleaned anything in their life or got nothing better to do.