How to remove water and soap marks from glass shower

ttthailand

I have glass shower doors and they have water and soap marks which I can not remove. Are there any secret ways to get these marks or film off the glass? I have tried all the normal glass, bathroom and even kitchen cleaners but with only little success.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Get the HG brand of lime cleaner, removes the white film etc ( limescale). Get it from Home pro or Thaiwatsadu

This works the best by far without too much effort . I tried the other ways but not as effective . If you have a friend in Australia ask them to go to woolworths and buy Sparkle for you . All you have to do once a week is spray it on not even wipe off and the glass remains crystal clear the whole time . My son brought me three bottles last time he come here .

Do they sell Bon Ami in Thailand? It is such a fine abrasive that glass shops use it to remove scratches from glass. It will easily do it, for a fact.

I had a lot of stains on the outside of my house windows and I hired a guy to clean them with this, using a long handled truck washing brush.

They came out sparkling, and easily.

post-164212-0-75568100-1393625018_thumb.

Come back and say what you used and what worked OP.

It is the acid that does the trick. Vinegar is a very old home remedy that's been around a long time and is supposed to really do the job. Using newspaper has also proven to be effective. Most lime cleaners have a mild solution of acid, probably Muriatic acid. All you are doing is cleaning off calcium carbonate which breaks down easily with acid. This acid is also used in swimming pools to clean the lime scale.

Do these methods also work on car window glass? Is there any damage to paint or finish to be expected?

a Good old spud [potato] old fashion way worked long before all these sprays and cleaners and still get the job done today, cut in half and rub on you windows.

Do these methods also work on car window glass? Is there any damage to paint or finish to be expected?

a Good old spud [potato] old fashion way worked long before all these sprays and cleaners and still get the job done today, cut in half and rub on you windows.

You seen the price of potatoes here in Thailand?

Tooth Paste works for water spots on glass. A bit expensive to do a large area. It also cleans plastic headlights on cars when they get yellow and cloudy. Wipe it on and scrub, they look like new. Don't buy the cleaning kits.

Polishing compound the white one usually called lacquer polish works well also, but you need to wash it off with soap and water after.

You seen the price of potatoes here in Thailand?

Yes a KG cost a lot less then these new fangled sprays + you can eat the rest of them

Get the HG brand of lime cleaner, removes the white film etc ( limescale). Get it from Home pro or Thaiwatsadu

Second vote for HG. I got it at Villa Market. Pic below:

post-179237-0-75500200-1393638737_thumb.

Edited by tbailo

Try WHITE VINEGAR , that normally works for us

+1

Fact is, that often these "marks" are not soap or the like, but limescale.

If you - as we - have high amount of lime in the tap water, then its also a good idea to "bath" removable parts (sieves etc.) in vinegar from time to time.

Dirt cheap and effective.

Vinegar or the old spud trick are the best remedies.

And if you're a lazy git like me, keep a small squeegee in the shower and squeegee down the glass when you finish showering. This seriously extends the period between having to do the vinegar or spud cleandown.

• Like 1

Come back and say what you used and what worked OP.

It is the acid that does the trick. Vinegar is a very old home remedy that's been around a long time and is supposed to really do the job. Using newspaper has also proven to be effective. Most lime cleaners have a mild solution of acid, probably Muriatic acid. All you are doing is cleaning off calcium carbonate which breaks down easily with acid. This acid is also used in swimming pools to clean the lime scale.

All toilet cleaners are on a Muriatic acid base. this kind of acid is used in swimming pools to lower pH.

Muriatic acid = Hydrochloric acid.

Edited by JesseFrank

Results.... I tried Vinegar, potato, normal toilet cleaner, softscrub, window cleaner, kitchen cleaner, and nothing worked, not even a little. I tried the suggested Mr Muscle anti limescale and it seems to be doing the trick. My buildup was heavy so perhaps I need to apply a few times or let sit all day for all lime marks to be removed. Now however the doors look much better.

So this works when all else fails ....

Thanks for the help guys .... Another successful job done by TV members. Cheers !

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

If all else fails, ammonia works, and with the least effort, but it has a more than pungent smell. You need a pedestal fan trained on you so you can breathe.

If you go down the muriatic/hydrochloric acid path, ensure it doesn't touch anything metallic or anodized metal.

Edited by F4UCorsair