Rotten rice frozen at a warehouse in Phitsanulok

webfact

Rotten rice frozen at a warehouse in Phitsanulok

rotten-rice-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- About 20,000 sacks of milled rice at a rice mill in Phitsanulok province have been frozen by officials of the Auditor-General’s Office after many of them were found to have rotten or infected with fungi.

The freezing of the rice at Kasetpaisarn Thunyakit company’s warehouse in Wat Bot district followed a field inspection of the warehouse by OAG officials and members of the media today.

Surveyors claimed that the rotten rice were stored deep into the mountain of rice in the warehouse and were not exposed to fumigation and, therefore, became rotten. The rice in question were from the 2011-12 crops.

It was reported during the field inspection officials of the Marketing Organisation for Farmers tried to distract the media from the rotten rice prompting OAG officials to protest and demand to see the rotten rice. Dead birds and mice have been found on the floor of the warehouse.

Mr Prachak Boonyoung, an official of the OAG, said the rice at the warehouse would be frozen for about a week at least so that samples of the rice could be tested at laboratories to determine whether they originated from Phitsanuloke or brougnt in from somewhere else.

The warehouse was also found to have broken the set conditions such as no surveillance cameras installed in the warehouse and there is no prevention against pigeons.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/rotten-rice-frozen-warehouse-phitsanuloke/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-02-28

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Phitsonoluk - the hub of frozen rotten rice ..

and you can be sure PTP will come out and say this is a one off isolated case

I bet Suthep and his fascist thugs had something to do with it. Or the rotten rice is biased and politically motivated to discredit honest effort by ptp government. Have this Amart no shame at all?

lol - elitist rice.

• Like 1

Fumigation stops fungi? Test it to see if it came from Phitsanulok or not?

That looks to me like they have removed one column on the edge of the stack. So if that is the very edge, imagine what it is like on the inside. I suppose, at least there is a chance that they can simply write off the entire stock of rice as damaged and get to zero stock......Take the loss, and just write everything to zero

Fumigation stops fungi? Test it to see if it came from Phitsanulok or not?

That looks to me like they have removed one column on the edge of the stack. So if that is the very edge, imagine what it is like on the inside. I suppose, at least there is a chance that they can simply write off the entire stock of rice as damaged and get to zero stock......Take the loss, and just write everything to zero

No, they can't just write it off...If they do, how can they scam millions more dollars, pretending to save the rotten rice? whistling.gif

• Like 2

Freezing rotten rice doesn't stop it being rotten. Tip to the uninitiated: Freeze stuff BEFORE IT GOES OFF!

Do I need to wrap it in plastic or can I just leave it uncovered in the fridge for a few weeks first, next to my rotting fish?

No, just wait for the next rotten government CD , and the osmosis of rot will continue throughout the whole of Thailand.

• Like 1