Is Letter from labor needed for 1 year Non-B if have WP already?

I think I know the answer already, but I can't seem to find this specific question answered anywhere. In the listing of documents required, all the consulate and embassy websites do not differentiate between an initial single entry Non-B visa granting 90 days where the bearer does not yet have a WP yet, and the 1 year multiple entry Non-B visa where the bearer has obtained his or her new WP already.

So the question is, does a person who has just obtained a new WP, when attempting to then get a 1 year multiple entry non-immigrant B visa need the "letter of approval from the ministry of labour" or is that only needed for the initial 90 single entry non-B visa?

TOA.

Penang is your only realsitic nearby option for a one year multiple entry non immigrant 'B' visa.

WP valid > 8 months plus usual required papers by most recent reports should be fine at Penang, plus I can't imagine why the Letter of Acceptance would be required as you already have the WP, but no harm in checking before you travel.

Penang do answer the phone if you call during working hours.

Better and much less expensive if you get your employer to support you on a National Police Order 777/2551 Case 2.1 Extension at your Local Thai Immigration Dept - Working in the Kingdom of Thailand (assuming you intend to stay with your current job for at least the next year) - check list attached below:

Edited by digitalchromakey
  • Like 1

Penang is your only realsitic nearby option for a one year multiple entry non immigrant 'B' visa.

WP valid > 8 months plus usual required papers by most recent reports should be fine at Penang, plus I can't imagine why the Letter of Acceptance would be required as you already have the WP, but no harm in checking before you travel.

Penang do answer the phone if you call during working hours.

Better and much less expensive if you get your employer to support you on a National Police Order 777/2551 Case 2.1 Extension at your Local Thai Immigration Dept - Working in the Kingdom of Thailand (assuming you intend to stay with your current job for at least the next year) - check list attached below:

Thanks for the info dck.

I noticed this post in the Phuket Visa Run Ride Share Network facebook page today:

" I got mine (1 year multi Non-B) from KB and it was the easiest and most pleasant yearly visa run to date. Person behind the desk was a woman and actually talked and listened. I had 1 month left on my WP, she said I needed 3 months. I explained they wouldn't let me renew until 2 weeks before expiry date, so she said 'ok, next time come earlier' and still processed the 1 year non b. Definitely the future destination for my yearly visa run. Best part was no visa van required, big bus from terminal 2 around 700b to the border. Only difficulties I've heard of are at penang."

Perhaps things are changing again.

We don't get a lot of reports for Kota Bharu on here. If they are doing them that is another option now.

What was the date of that posting?

The posting on facebook was on the 1st March, it refers to a successful One year Multiple Entry Non 'B' Visa application which was made in Khota Bharu Malaysia about 5 months ago.

So definitely best to contact the Thai Consulate in KB before one makes a trip there, as said town is not exactly a fun place to visit unless there is a reasonable chance of a decent visa to be had.

KB can be easily reached by public transport, you can walk into Malaysia over the bridge at the Sungai Kolock Border Post and then catch a regular bus to KB - it takes about an hour; the consulate is however located in the far outskirts of town, however as the town itself is pretty small you can still get there after a brisk 20 minute walk.

n.b. KB is in a strict Islamic part of Malaysia, so the Thai Honorary Consulate's working days are Sunday - Thursday, closed Fri - Sat.