US urges probe into Thailand attacks

webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems everyone is missing probably the most important line of his statement. The rest is just what is expected.

But he highlighted US concern about "the employment of other tactics that undermine Thailand's democratic values and processes, inhibit compromise, and further exacerbate political tensions."

I saw that as cutting booth ways.

The behaviour of the PTP in passing legislation was criminally against the grain of democracy

As are Suthep's whacky plans

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thait Spot posted

The US has around 10,000 deaths per year by shooting.

I think the terror in the south of Thailand has managed 6,000 in 10 years.

And the protests in 4 months have managed 23.

Whilst Kelly is right that there should be a probe, and maybe a member of the FBI could be volunteered now that foreign assistance is in vogue, but I would postulate that his highest priority is closer to home where children are being shot dead in schools

Look for the raw number ThaiSpot but dont look the statistical comparison in hand gun deaths between LOS and the US -

It might be too revealing biggrin.png by the way is Thailand still 3rd behind South Africa and Colombia or have they improved in recent years ............. Oops

THAI POLITICAL VIOLENCE
As father and grandfather, death of children horrifying : US secretary of state

BANGKOK: -- The United States is profoundly saddened by the deaths and injuries in Thailand's politically-motivated violence particularly those of children, US Secretary of State John Kerry said.

As a father and grandfather, the death of several innocent children is particularly horrifying," he said in a statement issued yesterday.

The death must at last be a wake-up call to all sides to refrain from violence, exercise restraint, and respect the rule of law.

"We are deeply concerned by the ongoing politically-motivated violence in Thailand. As allies and close friends of the Thai people, we are profoundly saddened by the deaths and injuries that have shaken the country."

He called upon Thai authorities to investigate these attacks swiftly and bring those responsible to justice. "Violence is not an acceptable means of resolving political differences. We are also concerned by the employment of other tactics that undermine Thailand's democratic values and processes, inhibit compromise, and further exacerbate political tensions."

Kerry reiterated that the US did not take sides in Thai politics, saying ultimately, it is up to the people of Thailand to decide how they will resolve their differences. He urged that all sides should commit to dialogue in the spirit of seeking common ground to address differences and find a peaceful, democratic way forward.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-01

As an American I'm sick and tired of hearing this administration telling other countries what to do.

Whether it's Ukraine, Thailand, Egypt or Syria.

I ask Mr. Kerry what would happen if an armed group of thousands tried to overtake the White house by force?

Would this administration implore the UN or NATO to help?

No, sir. There would be heaps of bodies strewn about on the White house lawn. Shut your face and make some more ketchup Mr. Heinz/Kerry.

As an American I'm relieved that my country is relying more on diplomacy and less on armed intervention in dealing with the rest of the world.

• Like 1

Thai authorities to investigate these attacks swiftly, he said jokingly and bring those responsible to justice so in another 10 years’ time someone will have to pay either the police or a judge to keep their name out of the media and themselves out of prison And so this will bring an end to the investigation.

Whats this got to do with the USA, oh forgot the World Police,

they should look at their own transgressions first.

regards Worgeordie

Let's get something straight. The USA is NOT the world's police not now not ever All you out just think that and really know nothing at all.

"Kerry reiterated that the US did not take sides in Thai politics, saying ultimately, it is up to the people of Thailand to decide how they will resolve their differences."

Is this a hint to the Thai PM?

He must have heard of her whereabouts and interests.

"YL still in Chiang Mai; scheduled to visit Northeast next week to observe drought situation"

Sat on my balcony having breakfast I Just saw some American warships off the coast of Koh Chang, maybe Team America is about to liberate Thailand.

Annual Joint Multi National Military Exercise "Cobra Gold" is currently underway in Thailand.

Also, the US Military established Utapao Air Base, and have used facilities at Sattahip Naval Base, established and used many Military Bases throughout Thailand for decades.

The US and many multi national military hav used Thailand as a place for "R&R" Rest and Relaxation or shore leave also for decades.

That is part of how the Pattaya area has come to be a tourist spot.

Oh dear, someone who didn't pick up the joke.

As an American I'm sick and tired of hearing this administration telling other countries what to do.

I ask Mr. Kerry what would happen if an armed group of thousands tried to overtake the White house by force?

No, sir. There would be heaps of bodies strewn about on the White house lawn. Shut your face and make some more ketchup Mr. Heinz/Kerry.

If you are an American(which I really dought) maybe you should leave the USA and go to any of those other countries you are talking about and have fun with them. But I dont believe you are a REAL American.

regards Worgeordie

Let's get something straight. The USA is NOT the world's police not now not ever All you out just think that and really know nothing at all.

Are you telling me that the movie Team America wasn't true ?

• Like 1

If you are an American(which I really dought) maybe you should leave the USA and go to any of those other countries you are talking about and have fun with them. But I dont believe you are a REAL American.

I thought they were all camped up in reservations nowadays

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

regards Worgeordie

Are you telling me that the movie Team America wasn't true ?

I'll bet you laugh at all your own jokes. coffee1.gif

Let me see if I understand---people are complaining because the U.S. Secretary of State criticized attacks that killed children and urged an investigation. Is that correct?

Of course the complainers are the type that would never criticize what they see in Thailand or propose solutions.

Any port in a storm for this lot. They have a ready stash of facts, figures and internet links at the ready to hi-jack any thread mentioning the US.

There are people, a lot seem to be from Europe, who you would think care deeply about America and its citizens, especially children, that they go on and on about the gun death problem. They don't actually care, a fair number have never even visited the US much less lived there and been subject to the issue they purport to be so passionate about. They are narcissists who attach themselves to a main stream issue of the day so they can be right about something.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sat on my balcony having breakfast I Just saw some American warships off the coast of Koh Chang, maybe Team America is about to liberate Thailand.

Annual Joint Multi National Military Exercise "Cobra Gold" is currently underway in Thailand.

Also, the US Military established Utapao Air Base, and have used facilities at Sattahip Naval Base, established and used many Military Bases throughout Thailand for decades.

The US and many multi national military hav used Thailand as a place for "R&R" Rest and Relaxation or shore leave also for decades.

You are correct ,I have stayed on one built by the US.

We're not laughing at you, we're just laughing near you and happen to be looking at you.

And your post is the secret message that all systems are go? Good job cause nearly all of us missed that - until now.

laugh.png

We're not laughing at you, we're just laughing near you and happen to be looking at you.

And your post is the secret message that all systems are go? Good job cause nearly all of us missed that - until now.

laugh.png

Dont worry too much. The land of the free will sort it out.

Probably on the way to Pattaya already.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

laugh.png

Dont worry too much. The land of the free will sort it out.

Probably on the way to Pattaya already.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thailand is also the land of the free

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Whilst Kelly is right that there should be a probe, and maybe a member of the FBI could be volunteered now that foreign assistance is in vogue, but I would postulate that his highest priority is closer to home where children are being shot dead in schools

Firstly, Thailand has much worse gun crime then the US statistically,, you can look it up yourself.

Secondly, this is not the place to be posting another comparison email between Thailand and other countries,,,, This is a common occurrence that every time Thailand has a problem some imbecile has to draw comparison to another country as if it puts it into perspective or belittles the issue in Thailand. Yes other countries have problems too, everyone gets it, but this post is specifically talking about the death of children after 2 grenade attacks during the protests. This is horrific news anywhere in the world by any standards and there is no need for comparison.

This is a terrible thing to happen and the response from the US is completely appropriate. I can only imagine how the families must be feeling right now.

Firstly, Thailand has much worse gun crime then the US statistically,, you can look it up yourself.

Secondly, this is not the place to be posting another comparison email between Thailand and other countries,,,, This is a common occurrence that every time Thailand has a problem some imbecile has to draw comparison to another country as if it puts it into perspective or belittles the issue in Thailand. Yes other countries have problems too, everyone gets it, but this post is specifically talking about the death of children after 2 grenade attacks during the protests. This is horrific news anywhere in the world by any standards and there is no need for comparison.

This is a terrible thing to happen and the response from the US is completely appropriate. I can only imagine how the families must be feeling right now.

Imbecile? Moi?

First you tell me to do a comparison (I did, see my earlier post) then you tell me that this is not the place for comparisons.

You then go in to say that other countries also have problems and that we shouldn't bring them into the discussion.

A big pair of contradictions don't you think?

If Kelly wants to wade in publically about Thailand then nobody is allowed to talk about the US?

This is a discussion board and if you don't like my discussion then do something else.

I knew John Kerry way back when he was VVAW, his agenda became apparent then (politics for himself) and I was one of the instigators forcing him to resign from VVAW at the Kansas City Steering Committee Meeting. He did NOT lie about his service in Vietnam, the paid 'swift boot' liars did. On behalf of John, his testimony before Congress was outstanding, too bad he didn't remain true to his ideals at the time. The US should follow it's own advice. Witness the violent, illegal and un-Constitutional crackdown on OWS protesters orchestrated by the gestapo, oops homeland security, fumbling bureau of idiots and other initials. Witness the spying and infiltration by COINTELPRO types in legitimate non-violent organizations that want Amerika to become America. Amerika has no business preaching to the world, it needs to get it's own house in order first. Keep GitMo open for those that really belong there, starting with cheney/shrub et al.

Press Statement

John Kerry

Secretary of State

Washington, DC

February 28, 2014

I call upon Thai authorities to investigate these attacks swiftly and bring those responsible to justice. Violence is not an acceptable means of resolving political differences. We are also concerned by the employment of other tactics that undermine Thailand’s democratic values and processes, inhibit compromise, and further exacerbate political tensions.

Soucre: http://m.state.gov/md222778.htm

-- U.S. Department of State 2014-03-01

It seems to me that this entire part of the statement is aimed at the current Thai government. If so it speaks volumes.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app