Breakfast?

leggo

Most "during the week" buffet breakfasts worth mentioning are quite expensive.

There are a few (many) options for nice breakfasts. I would suggest the Continental and Linda's in about 100 m. distance

If you are only interested in breakfast, 5 star hotels?

The 5* hotels serve excellent buffet breakfasts but you must be willing to pay. In Jomtien the Sea Falcon, Lindas or Continental serve an ok breakfast but even they are substandard to some cheap American chains like Dennys or IHOP.

There are a few (many) options for nice breakfasts. I would suggest the Continental and Linda's in about 100 m. distance

If you are only interested in breakfast, 5 star hotels?

The 5* hotels serve excellent buffet breakfasts but you must be willing to pay. In Jomtien the Sea Falcon, Lindas or Continental serve an ok breakfast but even they are substandard to some cheap American chains like Dennys or IHOP.

Agree about Lindas. The French breakfast i ordered there promised a croissant and cheese with coffee..

What they gave me was a mini croissant . Unbelievable.The cheese was good but the Mokidor coffee was , well,  bland may be a good description.

I'm not sure about Pattaya but in Bangkok the 5 star hotels do give qive quality for the money.. 

The standards are a bit better there. 

Edited by BugJackBaron

150-200B seems reasonable to me and there are several decent buffet breakfasts available in this price range (and I'm not talking about places like Lek or Apex).

To get a decent breakfast in either of these places would probably cost me more than going to one of the buffet places.

For weight-watchers the cafe in Foodland on Klang does eggs Benedict with proper coffee and orange(-flavour) juice for 72B which makes for a fairly classy light breakfast, or a good light meal as it is served all day. They also do a fairly dull but perfectly edible set American breakfast for about 65B, or even cheaper before 9am.

I'm not sure about Pattaya but in Bangkok the 5 star hotels do give qive quality for the money.. 

Standards here are OK too. The Royal Cliff does a very good breakfast for about 700B. If only it extended to lunch/brunch times I would probably go there quite often, especially as it includes Indian curries.
Most of the other top hotels here are good also, but the same comment applies about the hours. I keep meaning to go and look at the Marriot breakfast also.

Standards here are OK too. The Royal Cliff does a very good breakfast for about 700B. If only it extended to lunch/brunch times I would probably go there quite often, especially as it includes Indian curries.
Most of the other top hotels here are good also, but the same comment applies about the hours. I keep meaning to go and look at the Marriot breakfast also.

Well if anyone could do it, it would be the Royal Cliff. You'll need wheels to get there of course.

I did take a look at one of the top-end hotels on the other side of Jomtien Beach, just past  Pattaya Park  and at the bottom of Pratamnak Hill/

I couldn't believe  the crap paraded as their Breakfast Buffet for like 500 Baht. For example,

7-11 Wiener style sausages. Of course I saved my money. 

With some exceptions the "tourist trap" mentality is ingrained here.

Edited by BugJackBaron
  • Like 1

For your budget - 200 Baht - I would take a walk up Pattaya Naklua Road. Plenty of hotels there doing buffet breakfast at the price you are looking for. Hotels on the sois between 2nd Road & Beach Road also have buffet breakfasts on sale to non-residents, same price area. Trial and error and your personal tastes will determine if they are any good. 

• Like 1

I did take a look at one of the top-end hotels on the other side of Jomtien Beach, just past  Pattaya Park  and at the bottom of Pratamnak Hill/
I couldn't believe  the crap paraded as their Breakfast Buffet for like 500 Baht. For example,

Many hotel breakfast buffets here are indeed very poor value yet surprisingly expensive. I suspect this is because few people actually pay as they are getting it with the room, and a high price on the sign makes them think the room is better value.

Jomtien beach is notable for not having any hotels that I would call top-end; they seem to stop at Pratumnak (Royal Cliff, Sheraton, the new Centara). There are some pretenders down along Jomtien beach road, but certainly nothing even up to Hilton standards.

• 1 month later...
craigt3365, on 02 Mar 2014 - 09:05, said:

Tropical Bert's is my friends fav.

I'm staying at Tropical Bert's for a couple of days,  but I was trying to find a place that had a traditional Breakfast Buffet. Eggs, Bacon Toast French toast and pancakes.

Apec and lek use to have traditional Buffet's but they do not even have bacon.

Barry

I think 18 coins is one of the best restaurants in Pattaya, food great and great prices also , not a buffet but Big American breakfast is 110 baht, English BR. 140 baht, Soi bukhou, sic, cross street Soi Diana, Great Burger also for 140baht with fries...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I think 18 coins is one of the best restaurants in Pattaya, food great and great prices also , not a buffet but Big American breakfast is 110 baht, English BR. 140 baht, Soi bukhou, sic, cross street Soi Diana, Great Burger also for 140baht with fries...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

18 Coins might be one of the best value restaurants in Pattaya at the cheaper end of the market (and you'd get a diverse range of opinions even on that) but to describe it as one of best restaurants in Pattaya is - well words fail me.

• Like 2

LOL, you guys pay four times what I do for a breakfast buffet.

Breakfast, lunch 180 baht (I get 20 percent discount on that for being me)  at Prajactra Hotel in Udon

Dinner for the same price at the Napolai

Centrum Hotel  300 lunch... cannot be beat.

Breakfast, lunch 180 baht (I get 20 percent discount on that for being me)  at Prajactra Hotel in Udon

I'm glad to hear that there is a good buffet in Udon , cause the stuff near day/night and Robinson is mediocre at best.

Just because people talk about 700B breakfasts doesnt necessarily mean that they actually eat them.

I dont pay more than 200B for breakfast, and there are plenty of places here that charge much less than that. Competition is a wonderful thing. I doubt that you can get 2 eggs Benedict and fresh coffee and orange juice and water for 72 Baht 24/7 in Udon.

About the only things that Pattaya is missing is a good Indian themed buffet for 200-300B, and good Thai themed one (not outdoor BBQ) for a similar price. Apart from those two styles we are spoilt for choice. I for one would not be here if we weren't.

• Like 1

Just because people talk about 700B breakfasts doesnt necessarily mean that they actually eat them.

I dont pay more than 200B for breakfast, and there are plenty of places here that charge much less than that. Competition is a wonderful thing. I doubt that you can get 2 eggs Benedict and fresh coffee and orange juice and water for 72 Baht 24/7 in Udon.

About the only things that Pattaya is missing is a good Indian themed buffet for 200-300B, and good Thai themed one (not outdoor BBQ) for a similar price. Apart from those two styles we are spoilt for choice. I for one would not be here if we weren't.

Yet, I still miss the choices in Bangkok! LOL

Though the options here are pretty darn good once you know where they are.

wai2.gif

• 2 months later...

not a buffet but ....................... Mr Bo of The Irish Wolfhound in Soi5 off Pratumnak does egg, 2x bacon, sausage, half large tomato, beans, fried potato, 2 x toast doorstops + marmalade + butter and large tea/coffee with refills as required for ................................................ wait for it ................................... B60

Two poached eggs on 2 x toast B40

Not surprisingly always busy

Definitely a well established owner who understands how to market during tough times

• Like 1

Many hotel breakfast buffets here are indeed very poor value yet surprisingly expensive. I suspect this is because few people actually pay as they are getting it with the room, and a high price on the sign makes them think the room is better value.

Jomtien beach is notable for not having any hotels that I would call top-end; they seem to stop at Pratumnak (Royal Cliff, Sheraton, the new Centara). There are some pretenders down along Jomtien beach road, but certainly nothing even up to Hilton standards.

We don't have snit here in Jomtien.

not a buffet but ....................... Mr Bo of The Irish Wolfhound in Soi5 off Pratumnak does egg, 2x bacon, sausage, half large tomato, beans, fried potato, 2 x toast doorstops + marmalade + butter and large tea/coffee with refills as required for ................................................ wait for it ................................... B60

Two poached eggs on 2 x toast B40

Not surprisingly always busy

Definitely a well established owner who understands how to market during tough times

Yes, I eat it regularly.

However, a couple of small corrections, if I may. It's Soi 4 and I think the free refills are only for tea. Not sure, as the large mug is enough for me.

Beers also very reasonable at 50 baht all day and night.