Double entry visa question

I have a question regarding dates on a double entry tourist visa.

If for example I successfully obtain a double entry visa next monday the 10th march and enter thailand the same day. If I use the 2 months and then pay for the 30 day ext... the date 3 months later will be around the 10th june.

If I decide to go for a holiday for a month or 2 or 3 somewhere else in SE asia, how soon do I have to fly back to LOS to validate the 2nd entry based on the above rough dates?

If I dont return in time does it matter at all? Obviously its a waste of money but assuming that I dont have too many double entries back to back, can I apply for another one in the said country?

many thanks

It depends on the validity of the tourist visa when you get it. A 2 entry tourist visa can have a 90 days or 180 days of validity from date of issue. You must use the 2nd entry before the visa expires.

If you are getting your visa in Laos it will only have a 90 day validity (enter before date on visa).

You can normally get another visa at most locations without a problem.

Im sorry but its still not clear to me.

If for example:

- obtain the double entry 10th March and enter LOS

- get 30 day ext on the 10th May

- 10th June- 30 day ext expires.

How long do I have to leave thailand (ie take a holiday) and get back to use the 2nd entry? ie on the above general dates, when does the visa expire exactly.

thanks