Where To Buy Fresh Manure For Garden....?

filgerman2014

WHERE TO BUY FRESH MANURE FOR GARDEN..

I am looking for Cow manure or similar for my vegetable garden and others plants.

were living here in San kamphaeng but we cant find one here...

Anyone who knows where we can buy fresh manure or aged manures?

Please let me know, if you have some, or know where I can get it.

thanks ,

Ricco

Edited by metisdead
Please do not post using all caps. Topic title edited to remove all caps.

Loads for sale in SK area. Try here 18.734216,99.112816

If they don't have any, cross the main road & drive along the small road heading east along the canal. Lots of dairy herds. See the manure drying by the side of the road. Large bags 25 baht or less.

Sometimes sell here 18.734216,99.112816 east of where hwy1147 crosses hwy1317

I bought the bagged cow poo last month in desperate bid to get my veggies to grow higher than 8inch.

My long beans and fak thong for example start off very promising and then die back.

The neighbours meanwhile are 5 foot high.

actually not sure the best time to be growing stuff.

Suggest you will have more success with chicken manure as its high in Nitrogen.Cow manure obviously contains a lot of seed, which passes through the cattle, and its not always fresh pasture they graze on so you finish up spreading a lot of unwanted weeds into your garden,more useful as a mulch or added to compost heaps rather than a fertiliser.

You can buy chicken manure in pellet form,quite cheap in big bags from Kamtieng Market.

Suggest you will have more success with chicken manure as its high in Nitrogen.Cow manure obviously contains a lot of seed, which passes through the cattle, and its not always fresh pasture they graze on so you finish up spreading a lot of unwanted weeds into your garden,more useful as a mulch or added to compost heaps rather than a fertiliser.

You can buy chicken manure in pellet form,quite cheap in big bags from Kamtieng Market.

thanks for the advice.. i read also about it just now...that theres risk of weed growing ..

where is this kamtieng market located?

North of town,on super highway ring road, behind TESCO store. Shown on most maps.The best,and biggest, garden centre in CM.

In Oz I had a commercial palm nursery and would buy chook poo (Dynamic Lifter brand name ) in large 40 kg bags.I did find something similar here but in a far smaller bag. I am not sure where the commercial hatcheries are in relation to CM but there is enormous potential for some enterprising person as its magic stuff. Good luck.

North of town,on super highway ring road, behind TESCO store. Shown on most maps.The best,and biggest, garden centre in CM.

In Oz I had a commercial palm nursery and would buy chook poo (Dynamic Lifter brand name ) in large 40 kg bags.I did find something similar here but in a far smaller bag. I am not sure where the commercial hatcheries are in relation to CM but there is enormous potential for some enterprising person as its magic stuff. Good luck.

which shops is it? there are a lot plant/flowers shop around..

i just only saw potting mix/ soil..

i didint saw anything like manure and other stuffs like peat moss and vermiculite..

you know where i can find this things and which shops?

thanks

You may have to ask regarding cow poo because more than likely it will come in the white bags that say pig feed or cow feed.

These farmers are obviously selling it as a sideline so they re use the bags that the animal feed comes in.

I get mine from the garden shop on the carriageway big c to samoeng, just before the windmill and right infront of pasta and pizza.

which shops is it? there are a lot plant/flowers shop around..

i just only saw potting mix/ soil..

i didint saw anything like manure and other stuffs like peat moss and vermiculite..

you know where i can find this things and which shops?

thanks

Fertiliser, incl chook poo, at the big general garden supplies shop nearest Tesco. It's on a corner as one heads out toward the north and one block before the aquariam supplies.

If you are not concerned about organic you can use good old NPK. If you want to use something more natural you can use compost. Commercial compost that you can buy at Kamtieng is worthless, 50% is spend mushroom substrate!

We have an organic farm close to SK and make or own compost and yes, we know what C:N ratio means and why it is the basic of a good compost. I will not sell the compost (although a bag I might part with) since I need it all myself but I'm happy to show/teach you how to make it.

Please beware that putting uncomposted dung in your veg plot is not the smartest thing to do. Many bacteria in the dung can make you very sick.

PM me if you are interested

R'tje

i don't think you will be able to find Peat Moss in Thailand . Apart from the cost of mining the peat moss which does a lot of damage to its native environment , most growers are now using coco peat from coconuts and is readily available in Thailand. It is available even in Tesco and Big C in small bags so you should be able to find it elsewhere in larger and cheaper bags..

Just as an aside, please let fresh cow dung mature for at least two months before using. Fresh stuff can burn roots or tubers.

thank you for the concern.. that is why i would like to buy this stuff for next months or more.. i will not put it directly to my veggies plot, of course. i have to let it aged.

If you are not concerned about organic you can use good old NPK. If you want to use something more natural you can use compost. Commercial compost that you can buy at Kamtieng is worthless, 50% is spend mushroom substrate!

We have an organic farm close to SK and make or own compost and yes, we know what C:N ratio means and why it is the basic of a good compost. I will not sell the compost (although a bag I might part with) since I need it all myself but I'm happy to show/teach you how to make it.

Please beware that putting uncomposted dung in your veg plot is not the smartest thing to do. Many bacteria in the dung can make you very sick.

R'tje

SAN kamphaeng? what kind of farm you have there?

make your own compost? how ?

is it good idea if i use worm casting aside from manures?

thanksbiggrin.png

As a fertiliser for most plants,vegetables ,palms etc chook poo leaves cow poo for dead and I have no commercial interest, wish I did. With any fresh manure you must let it rest for a while that's why the chicken poo pellets, that have been heat treated are the go IMHO

Mae On, (and On Loi) just outside San Kampang, is where all the dairy activity for CM takes place. Just go through Mae On, take any soi off the main road (1006) and you'll be in Kee Vuar heaven. 14 Baht per bag (12 Baht if you bring a replacement bag)

It's still fresh (just dried) so will need composting.

Regards.

Mae On, (and On Loi) just outside San Kampang, is where all the dairy activity for CM takes place. Just go through Mae On, take any soi off the main road (1006) and you'll be in Kee Vuar heaven. 14 Baht per bag (12 Baht if you bring a replacement bag)

It's still fresh (just dried) so will need composting.

Regards.

where is this? i dont know really where... never been around san kamphaeng area...

Edited by filgerman2014

R'tje

SAN kamphaeng? what kind of farm you have there?

make your own compost? how ?

is it good idea if i use worm casting aside from manures?

thanksbiggrin.png

I'm traveling in Indonesia so it took me awhile to read this. We have 9 rai, fruits, vegs, rice, chicken and ducks.

How to make compost? Mix carbon rich material and nitrogin rich material make it soaking wet, turn it every second day and within 3 weeks you will have compost. It is called the Berkeley method. Most important thing is to get the C:N ratio right and have at least one cubic meter of material to start with.

Worm castings are perfect. I have 3 large worm bins but will stop since they are used by snakes, rats and scorpions. Will redesign the worm bins to make sure only the worms can live there as soon as I have time.

Cheers

R'tje

• 1 year later...

I walked around kamtieng markets behind the tesco yesterday searching for some good potting mix, such a huge garden market surprised I couldnt find any, gotta admit I couldnt read the bags so maybe some of it is what I am looking for. Basically just looking for a good potting mix, I tried getting some that said good soil, 3 bags for 100 baht so maybe i shouldnt be surprised, but it is just turns into mud when watered even adding perlite it was still just moosh, anyone know where to get some good potting mix ?

Close by Tesco, and adjacent the big aquarium/fish outlet, look for the turf supplies as they also stock soil, potting mix, wood chip etc. Immediately to the south, next soi, there's a hardware/garden supplies shop and they have 2 warehouses full of fertilisers and soil/potting mixes.... one lady speaks English.

We usually mix a combination of soil and potting mix with other organics to get the desired result.