Voranai's Gone?

JusMe

I know that a good number of TV members appreciate the regular column of Voranai Vanijaka, as I do, in that other paper.

He has missed the occasional Thursday column, which has only been available online, but today is the first time I can recall there isn't a Sunday column.

I wrote to his email address, from which I'd had previous email conversations with him, and got the message:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

//removed e-mail link//
The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system.

Hope he hasn't stepped over a big line somewhere!

Edited by Tywais
email removed as per forum rules

Checked his Facebook page - sexy new pic of the guy plus the info that, from 31 January, he's now the Editor in Chief of GQ Magazine, a lifestyle/fashion/trend mag.

Loved his articles, his perspective and his use of language - if he's not writing for that other newspaper any more, shall probably stop reading it, there's nothing much else that attracts.

• Like 1

Okay, now I know who he is, though can't help you with the reason for his alleged absence,

http://asiaprovocateur.blogspot.com/2014/02/learning-murderous-history-lessons-of.html

If Andrew Spooner applied his own blog standards - "The only comments that will be published are grown-up contributions to the discussion." - to his own writing, he'd be notable by his absence form the blog!

Checked his Facebook page - sexy new pic of the guy plus the info that, from 31 January, he's now the Editor in Chief of GQ Magazine, a lifestyle/fashion/trend mag.

Curious. His columns have been appearing throughout February, so perhaps he was just doing dual duty to finish off?

If he's truly gone from the newspaper, he'll be sorely missed.

I thought something was missing from the opinion page. Instead of thoughtful well written social commentary, we get a huge, pilfered from The Independent, snore-bore article on super snore- bore homocidal Oscar Pistorius- which will remain 2/3rds unread - although at the bottom of said article, in teeny tiny font;

Voranai Vanijaka's column will return next week.

There are advantages to buying the paper version, as inconvenient as it can be.

Edited by EBlair48

at the bottom of said article, in teeny tiny font;

Voranai Vanijaka's column will return next week.

There are advantages to buying the paper version, as inconvenient as it can be.

Thank you for that, EBlair48. I sit out on the deck with the paper version on Sunday and did read through that Pistorious article, but didn't even see the teeny tiny font note. Glad to hear he'll be back. There was a raving letter to the editor in today's paper asking the same question.