Day trips with the motorbike out of Pattaya

donmuang2

I don't mean to be flippant, but just get on your bike and head out. Towards Maprachan are many places to cruise around. Head down towards Sattahip and you could spend a week or more just cruising the back roads.

• Like 1

As craig says - just point the bike and go. I do this frequently for 2-3 hours at a time, just going wherever my nose leads me. Thoroughly enjoy it. But a warning. Make sure your bike has plenty of petrol as you can go for long stretches before encountering a place that sells it.

when we first moved down here we also did as Craig suggests and we got 3 or 4 couples to join us for early sunday morning jaunts - learnt and discovered a lot, very enjoyable too.

• 1 month later...

Thank you very much.

I have another question:

Is the area west of Nong Nooch, west of sukhumvit road accesible for motorbikes? It's the hill area if you look south from jomtien beach. Some maps show it as military area and google street view shows some check points.

Thank you very much.

I have another question:

Is the area west of Nong Nooch, west of sukhumvit road accesible for motorbikes? It's the hill area if you look south from jomtien beach. Some maps show it as military area and google street view shows some check points.

Most of the roads west of Sukhumvit and Nong Nooch down towards the beach are interconnected by small sois that lead to the beach, no hills there though, but further along after Bang Saray nearer Satthahip a lot of the land west of Sukhumvit is controlled by the army.

Edited by LennyW

Yes that area after Bang Saray is exactly what I mean. So controlled by the army means, it isn't accessible?

It's a navy base. You can go on the base, and there are a few ways to gain entrance. The only area I've visited is the beach that's just around the corner from Bang Saray. I think if you turn left by the temple on the main drag in Bang Saray, eventually you'll wind your way to the base.

Best to avoid weekends. Quite packed.

Take a ride up to Silverlake Winnery and the Big Buddha it's a nice ride about 30 min ffrm Pattaya, then you can ride down to Ban Chang and check out the beaches eat a little sea food and ride home.Good day trip.

• Like 1