Finding furniture wax and a jewelry repair shop

Udox

Pulling my hair our out at the moment (which is something I could definitely do without doing) trying to find a shop to buy a tin of furniture wax.

I bought a tin years before but can't remember where from.

Its solid wax for rubbing into dry (untreated) wooden furniture with a cloth ( a little bit like shoe polish)

Furniture shops have been no help at all and the DIY stores and hardware stores keep trying to sell me (liquid) clear varnish or wood preserver, they can't grasp the concept of solid wax to rub into the wood and stop it drying out so much.

Anybody help me out ?

Secondly, trying to find a jewelry repairers and again tired of going on a wild goose chase.

I need a very minor repair to a silver bracelet (not real), probably a tiny, tiny solder join would do it.

The last suggestion a shop gave me was to try a TV / Electronics repair shop and gave me directions to one opposite Friendship supermarket - but it didn't exist (what a surprise)

Any suggestions anyone?

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought some Kiwi hard wax wooden floor polish from Home Pro (just as good for furniture). They also have spray wax polish. Right hand side of the store (as you enter) about half way back.

For jewellery repair, there is a small second-hand jewellery shop a few doors downhill from the Yellow bank (Bank of Ayuttaya?) on Pattaya Klang, opposite side to Foodland. My wife has had jewellery repaired there - good service and not expensive.