Canadian tourist plunges to death at Suvarnabhumi airport

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Goldbuggy what drugs you on, utter - total ramblings, i guess i guess, theory ?? so dont bother posting," oh i think the poor guy might have slipped on a banana skin" well i guess . r.i.p. you have gone to a better place.

As I said, it is only a Wild Guess.

Would you now like me to take a Wild Guess about you?

Sure! He could have slipped on a banana peal, and fell over the edge. Maybe ate the Banana while going up from the bottom floor in departure, where he planned to leave from. to the top floor in arrival, which he had no reason to go their, then fell over the railing. That is if he was 12 Feet Tall, as the railing goes up to at least 3 or 4 feet.

But it is only My Wild Guess again as I don't know if he was 12 Feet Tall or not. What do you think? Still think he slipped on a Banana Peel?

• Like 1

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

That is a nice set of golf clubs. One wonders why he packed all his stuff and went to the airport. Very sad and perplexing.

Very Sad?

True!

Perplexing?

Also true!

So why would a guy pack all his stuff when he could have just left it their, get in a taxi, get off at the departure hall at the airport, then haul all of his stuff to the top floor arrival hall, while carrying his Golf Clubs, only to jump from their? When he could have very easily just gone straight to the top floor from the taxi or jumped without packing his bags.

First off, he changed his flight plans and decided to leave earlier. He was either compelled to go home earlier or to leave earlier, which obviously made him very sad. Perhaps someone close to him in his family passed away? Like perhaps his father? But at age 64 this is highly doubtful and if his father was still alive he would have expected that to happen anytime. I also think that if it was a son or daughter, this would compel him to get home as soon as possible, and not jump to complicate things and make them worst.

So I think it was something that compelled him to leave earlier. What comes to mind is a heated argument with his wife or G/F, and on the day he discovered he was played for as a fool, and taken advantage of, and now kicked out of the house he may have paid for. Or any other reason that ended this relationship. But this still doesn't explain why he would go through all the trouble of packing his bag and doing this at the airport.

I mean if that was me, and I was going to take the big plunge over discovering this, like my Thai Wife already had a husband and just used me to pay for everything, I would want to do that in front of my X and cause her some pain as well. A memory she would not forget! That is, if my young daughter wasn't their, as I wouldn't want her to see this and have this bad memory of me for the rest of her life.

So maybe that is one reason why he did not do it their. I wouldn't want to tell my X about my plan either, so she would not get all nervous and make a big crying and screaming issue in front of my daughter as well. So I would pack my bag and look like I was just going home quietly. I would figure my X would find out later anyway, but can still shield my daughter, as she doesn't have to tell her the truth right then.

But what I wouldn't do is get off at the departure hall, then carry all this crap up to the top floor, if it was premeditated and that I planned on jumping from their. I would just leave all my crap where it stood and go and do it. So I don't think he actually planned on jumping until the last moment. Perhaps when he discovered he was so sad and couldn't leave his daughter and X when he was supposed to go to the exit hall.

Perhaps he first went to the arrival hall to take a taxi back, but when he got their he realized it was useless begging to come back, and had no chance of ever coming back. Like I said. If I knew I was going to jump I certainly wouldn't carry all this crap to the top floor. I would just leave it where it was an go. So I personally don't think he knew he was going to jump until he got their, looked down, and then figured this was his best choice and course of action for him to take.

But is only my theory of mine with nothing at all to back any of this up. A Wild Guess at best! If he had a a loving family back home I guess the he couldn't face them. Maybe he felt foolish about what he did, perhaps giving up his life savings. Perhaps he was even warned about it, but Love Blinded him. He certainly would not be the first man, or only man here, who wasn't blinded by love once or more in our lives and then said later who foolish we were. But perhaps he also didn't have a loving family back home. Don't know that yet. But it is very perplexing for sure!

What a load of old troddle Sherlock.

Perhaps the guy had to leave Thailand because his money run out or he was down on his luck or even had some serious health problems? Hating the thought of perhaps having to return to his home country for whatever reasons, in a moment of despair and panic he decided to jump. Have you thought of that?

At this stage in the case, details have not been given as to why this poor man decided to end his life. And unless there are any updates released to the media in the future, than there is no point in making wild assumptions, especially in respect for his family who maybe reading these posts.

I am sure I read where the AOT were going to erect barriers at Swampy

to stop suicides ,as I understand there have been quiet a few ,I have never

been to that airport,is it that depressing?

regards Worgeordie

Actually, it's freezing cold inside. It's 100F outside and about 50F inside. I hear posters talking about friends and family. There are millions of single people who live alone (like me). I have no close friends. My daughter stopped talking to me 3 years ago. My brother is 3000 miles away and very busy with his family. I keep trying to make new friends, but it never seems to happen. Maybe our jumper came to Thailand for a couple months of FUN and realized it's all vanity. Like Solomon, the writer of Ecclesiastes. He thought he could go home to snowy, sterile Canada, but finally just could do it. There was nowhere to go where anyone CARED for him. I absolutely understand why he may have done it. The airport is a cold and sterile public place...

Edited by risky11

Why don't you guy's give it a rest, all the stupid scenarios, theories, idea's, bullshit and nonsense etc.

The poor guy is dead - Ok dead, he probably jumped, why we don't know and maybe never will know.

Without any further worthwhile information coming forward the Mod's should terminate the thread until such times anything worth reporting comes up.

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 1

What is going on with spate of suicides of late? I know clinical depression is a killer though it seems to be on a daily basis. So sad for the codger and his family. If you're feeling down anybody, let someone know. In fact all your friends or even on TV. Their is a severe lack of help in Thailand for the I'll. Please reach out you will be surprised how many out here care.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"CODGER"...???

WHy would you call a man as young as 64 a codger..?? I am older than he and my Mother is 21 years older than I, yet to call her a 'codger' would get my ears boxed...

The saddest thing about suicides is most of the time no one has a clue what the deceased was going through.

There are usually hints of depression here and there but often no one is able to piece it together enough to realize the gravity of the situation and reach out and help prevent such tragedies. We're are often so absorbed with our own problems that we forget to look after each other.

Mark Campbell, a Sugar Shack bar regular for many years.Pattaya Sports Club card for discount at golf courses and restaurants.Also monies to local charities. Picture is of Thai man with his luggage. Mark was a smoker,drinker and also drug taker including hash.That led onto Yabba and Ice.He was delusional lately and was sweating profusely.He did not know what he was doing.Very sad news for many people, but mainly for his only family member,his sister.Please be carefully out there! R.I.P. Mark , you will be sorely missed.

• Like 1

What is going on with spate of suicides of late? I know clinical depression is a killer though it seems to be on a daily basis. So sad for the codger and his family. If you're feeling down anybody, let someone know. In fact all your friends or even on TV. Their is a severe lack of help in Thailand for the I'll. Please reach out you will be surprised how many out here care.

64 maybe he was just ready to go... No need to reach out for help. 64..too old for me. No need to live forever...especially in the f**ked up world we live in now. It's NOT getting any better.

64 maybe he was just ready to go... No need to reach out for help. 64..too old for me. No need to live forever...especially in the f**ked up world we live in now. It's NOT getting any better.