NACC reveals timeline for PM Yingluck's indictment

webfact

NACC reveals timeline for PM's indictment

BANGKOK, 3 March 2014 (NNT) - The National Anti-Corruption Commission is set to rule on Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra’s alleged mishandling of the national rice pledging scheme in mid-March.

If found guilty, Ms Yingluck could be removed from office and face a five-year ban from politics.

NACC Commissioner Witthaya Akompitak said the prime minister has sent a representative to acknowledge the charges. Ms Yingluck can submit additional documents following the procedure within the next 15 days.

By mid-March, the NACC is set to complete their legal proceedings against the premier and will be able to deliver the verdict soon after that.

Senate speaker Nikom Wairatpanich said that if the NACC indicted the Prime Minister, the Senate would convene to begin an impeachment process for her administration. Three-fifths of the senators need to vote for the impeachment in a bid to oust Ms Yingluck.

Meanwhile, the pro-government People Radio for Democracy (PRD) is set to petition the NACC today over the rush to indict Prime Minister on the pledging case. The group urged the NACC to formally proceed with their charges against Ms Yingluck after a new government has been formed and results of the past election announced.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-03-03 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This appears to be railroading one case and ignoring many.

This is a special case unless you hadn't noticed but Thailand is spiraling out of control while the government has completely thrown in the towel.

Of course they need to apply speed to this case, are you stupid or what?

The frying pan has burst into flames, but it will have to wait until I finish washing the dishes.

• Like 2

I'm sure if they actually had a case against Yingluck that could stand even the slightest amount of independent scrutiny details would have leaked. This is another ridiculous attempt at a judicial coup which will again fail. In fact it's so obvious that another coup wont be tolerated that I would not be surprised if the court actually abandons its frivilous plans and acquits the pretty lady, much the same way they rejected the Democrats bid to have the Feb 2 election tossed out. Suthep has gone all in on the verdict going his way - when it doesn't the jig is up for him. 13 - 15 of March is to be victory day for the constitution, the rule of law, Ms Yingluck, truth, justice and the American way.

The answer is so simple for dear YK all she has to do ....to quote a movie.....show us the money...?

Where is all cash from the rice scam.?....its really that simple

• Like 2

I'm sure if they actually had a case against Yingluck that could stand even the slightest amount of independent scrutiny details would have leaked. This is another ridiculous attempt at a judicial coup which will again fail. In fact it's so obvious that another coup wont be tolerated that I would not be surprised if the court actually abandons its frivilous plans and acquits the pretty lady, much the same way they rejected the Democrats bid to have the Feb 2 election tossed out. Suthep has gone all in on the verdict going his way - when it doesn't the jig is up for him. 13 - 15 of March is to be victory day for the constitution, the rule of law, Ms Yingluck, truth, justice and the American way.

<deleted> has this got to do with the 'American way'?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

This appears to be railroading one case and ignoring many.

This is a special case unless you hadn't noticed but Thailand is spiraling out of control while the government has completely thrown in the towel.

Of course they need to apply speed to this case, are you stupid or what?

The frying pan has burst into flames, but it will have to wait until I finish washing the dishes.

You'd fit right in with the band on the Titanic - just keep on playing as the ship (i.e. your losing cause) sinks. The wise ones have already made for the life rafts - distancing themselves from the pathetic mess they've created. Even Suthep is edging towards the door - looks like he's going to leave the 6 wheelchair grannies to face the music alone.

Money and position buys you "favours " in the legal system ?

hyperbole

Yingluck has really made things difficult for herself by not fully cooperating with the NACC. The evidence is so strong in the rice scandal that she ought to have taken it seriously, rather than to defame the NACC on facebook. This case will be determined on the facts. If the facts are compelling enough, the Senate will act as they are constitutionality empowered to.

Why do they still need the senate to impeach her if she is guilty?

And a 5 year ban is a pretty meager sentence for bankrupting the country, extreme negligence. There should at least be a prison sentence

The criminal investigation will follow shortly after headed by the DSI cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

sad isn't it clap2.gif

One Shin in, one Shin out,

Do the hokey-cokey, taking turns about.

There is no point delaying the findings, unless, of course you WANT a proven corrupt and incompetent PM (if found guilty). This is not a vote for the dems, it is a statement against corruption.

No'p,, I wonder if the NACC are following orders, and would it be the first time they did???

I wonder how many have complained about the judicial system here and that if the right influences are applied then almost any outcome is possible in the land of smiles, just like the elderly couple jailed for 15 years for picking mushrooms (any updates on this???) or the Red Bull cop killer can go on holidays, and a well connected young lady can run a mini bus off the toll way and kill 9 people and how many years in jail??? yeah the courts and justice seem to really have NOthing in common here1zgarz5.gif

BUT yes the is a hell of a lot of corruption in the rice gig, now how about charging the ones who put the money in their pockets first...

What's wrong by charging the ones that set up the scheme in such a way that maximum corruption can be achieved?

• Like 1

This will further fracture Thailand. Don't they know that by now?

Correct me if I am wrong but I am getting the feeling from you that the only chance Thailand has for unity is to continue with the government that has widened it even more than it was when they came to power.

To me that is like the mentally challenged becoming Einstein's with the power of their own brain planning.

Or the Terminal cancer patient curing himself by continuing with the actions he was using before he got sick.

In one word

Senseless