Drinking The Water In Thailand

crazyfalang

I am just after some opinions about the water over here. I get mine from these water machines, i know it is Tap water and it goes through various Filtration systems.

So my question is.. Is this water OK to drink all the time. !!! or is it just used to make hot drinks and cooking with. The reason i ask is every time i come to Thailand i always go down with something and i was thinking maybe i drink too much of this water. !!!!!

Cheers

For about 6 years being in Thailand, I drink tap water, after it has been filtrated through a filter machine.

Never had any problems.

Saying that, I don't know what are the water filtering and cleaning procedures in different areas.

i can drink unfiltered bangkok tap water and no ill effects ,it feels fine

but remember your body needs minerals replaced constantly from loss through sweat

thats why i drink mineral water and find it more hydrating and need to piss less often

than just reverse osmosis water which has much of the goodness filtered out and doesnt

have any minerals

• Like 1

but remember your body needs minerals replaced constantly from loss through sweat

thats why i drink mineral water and find it more hydrating and need to piss less often

than just reverse osmosis water which has much of the goodness filtered out and doesnt

have any minerals

I do not trust that this is actually naturally occurring mineral water and prefer to take the risk with that which you avoid, to each his own. I believe i already have had enough fluoride and chloride/chlorine for now.

have any minerals

I do not trust that this is actually naturally occurring mineral water and prefer to take the risk with that which you avoid, to each his own. I believe i already have had enough fluoride and chloride/chlorine for now.

is that the only minerals in mineral water ?

have any minerals

Agreed.

Many locations near CBD in Bangkok are perfectly safe straight from the tap.

Someone once posted where you can get water tested, can't find it now.

We get ours delivered in those big plastic bottles at B30 each including their bringing them up the stairs to the third floor, have a standing hot/cold dispenser unit next to the fridge go through maybe five a week for a household of 6-9.

Fetching it yourself just doesn't make sense at that price.

Never had a problem (that I'd notice) from any drinking water at all in 15 years living here.

• Like 1

We use bottled R/O water for drinking and cooking, unfiltered well water for everything else.

Also have Electrolyte powder and eat Yogurt (probiotics). But I also don't mingle with people who have small school-age kids.

post-146535-0-57561400-1393866765.jpg post-146535-0-63229700-1393866766_thumb. post-146535-0-14116500-1393866768_thumb. post-146535-0-35389000-1393866764_thumb.

• Like 1

Fetching it yourself just doesn't make sense at that price.

financially it doesnt ,i do it for the exercise

carrying a multipack or 2 of water from the 7-11 home is a challenge

somedays but i rather stay active than having it delivered

when it gets too easy you go to the next furthest 7-11 to keep yourself fit :D

• Like 1

I have a cool little TDS meter that measures the total dissolved solids in water and have tested various sources of water.

findings are............. rain water=0, home delivered [20l] filtered water=150, more expensive branded bottled water=50, agricultural klong water= 200 and my well water is at 900+.

measurements are all in PPM [parts per million] and there was up to 20% variation. location......Chiang Mai

I got it to check on calcium [mineral] content for swimming pool and it doesn't measure bacteria.

FYI.............

• Like 1