Pheu Thai should be dissolved for treason: Democrats

webfact

Pheu Thai MPs and house speaker taking orders from unelected fleeing criminals in Dubai is also a bit treasony.

Today's first chant of "man from Dubai".

So, I guess your argument is that nobody knew that Thaksin was a part of PT when they voted for the party? If they did then your argument falls over.

No, straight up. Politicians taking orders from unelected persons overseas is mega naughty. This is a critical matter of national security, and has got *nothing* to do with what the PTP voters believed or not. Thaksin can be a financial backer of and spiritual mentor of PTP. But he can not give them orders directly, as he is not elected. Additionally, the fact that he is a wanted criminal, means that him being a financial backer etc. would also be highly "bad form."

The reason it is treasonous is that if person X becomes PM and person Y becomes House Speaker, they are now officially employed by the electorate. Their duty is to serve and defend the nation and every citizen in the nation. They are supposed to act on feedback from the citizens which filters up via the various ministries. But ultimately the elected politicians must make decisions by themselves, based on the wishes of the electorate. Politicians can not take orders from overseas or from criminals. It can weaken the nation militarily and economically and leave the nation vulnerable to predatory external powers.

• Like 1

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think the Private Army thing is nothing more that wishful thinking, even to teach basic discipline within the ranks woulod take weeks, teaching them how to shoot and basic marksmanship principes , weapons handling and stoppage drills, camouflage and concealement, FIBUA or whatever it's called these days and the list goes on and on and on, you're talking about minimum 9 weeks to train these guys up to be any kind of semi effective fighting force, I train Local Nationals and at times I'm dealing with Motards, and keep having to go back to basics, I could show them stoppage drills on the AK47 a hundred times and they'd still not get it.

Then you've got to indoctrinate these guys to make them want to fight, and that they might be killed, and you have to give them a motive that's so strong that they are willing to die, that's not going to be easy.. I can't see the recruiter telling them, come and join our Army, oh by the way, you'll be fighting the Royal Thai Army next week, can you shoot!! ???

Well we can only hope that moderate voices will prevail and there will never be an armed conflict but

.......an army that fights with conviction and for a cause will always have the upper hand over an army "just following orders" ! Russia during 2nd world war and North Vietnam are 2 great examples both where fighting far superior enemies but in the end prevailed.

Hence in most armies the flag waving and brain washing - "you fight for your country" - )which would only be true if you are defending it not if you are the aggressor) - even if you have no country to fight for soldiers are brainwashed into thinking they do - "Legio patria Nostra"

No Thai army foot soldier will go and die for 5000 Baht a month so their bosses can stay in power and live in luxury!

The slightest armed resistance and they run!

April 10 2010 while so called "red shirt" Thais where fighting an unelected government installed by an illegal, unconstitutional coup - the Thai army - used to mostly fight unarmed civilians - moving forward like they (and the same leader from 2009) had done before - Soldiers firing into the sky , began to advance on the protesters when an M79 round landed into the middle of their front line.

Several vans apparently pulled in behind the protesters' line, and black garbed gunmen piled out brandishing AK-47's, M79 launchers, and M16's. Videos on YouTube show the explosion of the first M79 from several perspectives, including one directly behind the blast, leaving Thai soldiers on the ground bleeding, injured.

A green laser marker swept the troop lines and stopped on Colonel Romklao's command unit. M79's and gunfire erupted, locked in on the green marker - confusion amongst retreating troops with their leadership decapitated, elation and boldness amongst protesters who began clubbing soldiers, and panicking soldiers firing back while trying to recover their dead and wounded, leaving armored personal carriers, weapons, and equipment behind in their panic retreat.

What had happened? Something unthinkable - people did not just sit and wait to be murdered with war weapons as usual - there where some who fought back with equally deadly weapons!

Being used to massacre civilians with impunity - the army later complained they where "attacked" - while they went on the offensive thinking it would be a walk in the park - they where stunned they encountered resistance -they really thought the protestors would be sitting there just waiting to be set upon with war weapons!

Of course in the past it was always easy pray for the soldiers - as I witnessed myself in the 90's around the Royal Hotel and Sanam Luang - the army shooting at unarmed civilians as if they where rabbits.

If history is an indicator - the Thai army doesn't fare so good if they encounter resistance with anything more than sling shots!

Like my father used to say: an army that is not motivated and has no real cause to fight - runs backwards twice as fast than forward!

So all one needs to do is explain to the Thai foot soldier who they would be fighting for - not for their country - but to guaranty the survival of a corrupt elite that has blundered this country and have lived in luxury on the back of the poor - who ironically supply the foot soldiers to oppress them - for hundreds of years!

Edited by Cnxforever
  • Like 1

Personally I think the Private Army thing is nothing more that wishful thinking, even to teach basic discipline within the ranks woulod take weeks, teaching them how to shoot and basic marksmanship principes , weapons handling and stoppage drills, camouflage and concealement, FIBUA or whatever it's called these days and the list goes on and on and on, you're talking about minimum 9 weeks to train these guys up to be any kind of semi effective fighting force, I train Local Nationals and at times I'm dealing with Motards, and keep having to go back to basics, I could show them stoppage drills on the AK47 a hundred times and they'd still not get it.

Then you've got to indoctrinate these guys to make them want to fight, and that they might be killed, and you have to give them a motive that's so strong that they are willing to die, that's not going to be easy.. I can't see the recruiter telling them, come and join our Army, oh by the way, you'll be fighting the Royal Thai Army next week, can you shoot!! ???

Well we can only hope that moderate voices will prevail and there will never be an armed conflict but

.......an army that fights with conviction and for a cause will always have the upper hand over an army "just following orders" ! Russia during 2nd world war and North Vietnam are 2 great examples both where fighting far superior enemies but in the end prevailed.

Hence in most armies the flag waving and brain washing - "you fight for your country" - )which would only be true if you are defending it not if you are the aggressor) - even if you have no country to fight for soldiers are brainwashed into thinking they do - "Legio patria Nostra"

No Thai army foot soldier will go and die for 5000 Baht a month so their bosses can stay in power and live in luxury!

The slightest armed resistance and they run!

April 10 2010 while so called "red shirt" Thais where fighting an unelected government installed by an illegal, unconstitutional coup - the Thai army - used to mostly fight unarmed civilians - moving forward like they (and the same leader from 2009) had done before - Soldiers firing into the sky , began to advance on the protesters when an M79 round landed into the middle of their front line.

Several vans apparently pulled in behind the protesters' line, and black garbed gunmen piled out brandishing AK-47's, M79 launchers, and M16's. Videos on YouTube show the explosion of the first M79 from several perspectives, including one directly behind the blast, leaving Thai soldiers on the ground bleeding, injured.

A green laser marker swept the troop lines and stopped on Colonel Romklao's command unit. M79's and gunfire erupted, locked in on the green marker - confusion amongst retreating troops with their leadership decapitated, elation and boldness amongst protesters who began clubbing soldiers, and panicking soldiers firing back while trying to recover their dead and wounded, leaving armored personal carriers, weapons, and equipment behind in their panic retreat.

What had happened? Something unthinkable - people did not just sit and wait to be murdered with war weapons as usual - there where some who fought back with equally deadly weapons!

Being used to massacre civilians with impunity - the army later complained they where "attacked" - while they went on the offensive thinking it would be a walk in the park - they where stunned they encountered resistance -they really thought the protestors would be sitting there just waiting to be set upon with war weapons!

Of course in the past it was always easy pray for the soldiers - as I witnessed myself in the 90's around the Royal Hotel and Sanam Luang - the army shooting at unarmed civilians as if they where rabbits.

If history is an indicator - the Thai army doesn't fare so good if they encounter resistance with anything more than sling shots!

Like my father used to say: an army that is not motivated and has no real cause to fight - runs backwards twice as fast than forward!

So all one needs to do is explain to the Thai foot soldier who they would be fighting for - not for their country - but to guaranty the survival of a corrupt elite that has blundered this country and have lived in luxury on the back of the poor - who ironically supply the foot soldiers to oppress them - for hundreds of years!

This is unfortunately one of the enormous problems with the conscription system for the thai army. Every man they will be fighting has at least gone through basic training.

It might be rubbish, but with a few turncoat soldiers to organise them, they can put up resistance. Unlike the assembled middle class who glory in the fact that the bribe their way to keeping their children out of national service.

That in itself is a very sad indictment on thai society.

• Like 1