Private Enterpreneur

Greetings,

I have read a lot of posts and seems there is no strict limitations about receiving money in Thailand but I'm in a quite unique situation : few days ago I had to flee my country do to war. Lukly I have a condo in Thailand and will stay here for a while hoping the situation in my home country cools down.

For my company services (programming made by employees) I get a some money every month, problem is that due to war my country banned money widthdraw.

Would it be possible to receive the payments on my personal Thai account ? The wire will come for a company (and this seems not to be a problem) but will clearly show that is for a specific invoice sent by me. Could it be a problem ?

Could Thai Immigration see this operation as job ?

Could Thai Revenues see this operation as a profit and should I pay some taxes ?

Of course I will pay the taxes in my country and will be able to show that I have paid everything if needed. It is just for 1-2 months and 10-15k EUR maximum.

Best regards!

Andrea

I have read a lot of posts and seems there is no strict limitations about receiving money in Thailand

to me it seems you need reading glasses. there are no restrictions/limitations concerning receiving or transfering money in/to Thailand... assuming you didn't steal it, are not a drug dealer or a terrorist. tongue.png

• Like 1

Great, thanks!

Yes I understood about no restrictions receiving money from the bank point of view but was not sure about the immigration/revenue department laws (sorry but I live in a country were even a wrong letter in a wire transfer description can cause you more then a headache).

If the name of the bank account is not the company name you could get an issue since some banks check the incoming wires most not. But wondering why not send the money to your name if it's your company it should be no problem. You could also get trouble because of money laundry.

The company name is my name so it should not be a problem. The money laundry scares me a bit but there is an officially registered invoice, a registered contract, a real service, I will pay all the related taxes in my home country and will not withdrawal more than 3000-4000 EUR totally on a total of 10-15.000, the rest will be used to pay some invoices by international wire transfer.

The company name is my name so it should not be a problem. The money laundry scares me a bit but there is an officially registered invoice, a registered contract, a real service, I will pay all the related taxes in my home country and will not withdrawal more than 3000-4000 EUR totally on a total of 10-15.000, the rest will be used to pay some invoices by international wire transfer.

The wire will come for a company (and this seems not to be a problem) but will clearly show that is for a specific invoice sent by me. Could it be a problem ?

there is no bank in any country will accept any incoming amount if the beneficiary of the transfer does not match exactly the beneficiary of the bank account.

there are some exceptions when the letters of the beneficiaries name does not exist in the alphabet of the country's language or the language internationally used by banks (English).

examples where a "mismatch" is accepted (there are many more):

ä à å ö ü é ÿ ž = a a a o u y z

ä ö ü = ae oe ue

ñ = n

case closed.