pattaya gals vs bangkok and others

infinity11

The original poster is of course naive in believing that women who live in Pattaya or Bangkok are born and raised in these cities. The majority of Western visitors will only be exposed to economic migrants from poorer regions. Yes, this has been mentioned already. So although the question is quite simple it is far more complex.

We could compare it with "are women from California better than those from New York," or 'are women from London better than those from Newcastle." We can generalize with more authority as usually these cities are filled with a majority of city-bred people. Well, at least, a hundred years ago we could. But it is not as easy as that.

A better question would be 'Is a woman or man with two stable loving parents and a decent education a better partner than one who left school at nine years old, left home at fourteen and worked hustling strangers in the street?" - Perhaps. Perhaps not. Depends on who you are.

I think what normally happens with Thai and Farang coupling is that social-upbringing unites despite wealth. So a successful builder or plumber or offshore tool-pusher will find a a successful, ahem, tool-pusher. He has money and she needs it. They have both come from tough backgrounds. A council-estate in an inner city is a lot tougher place to grow up in many ways than on a farm.

Language is key but not necessary. I once met an English guy who I couldn't understand speak English and I'm from England. He spoke no Thai. His father was the manager of a large hotel in Bangkok. Set him up with this lovely Isaan girl who spoke English fluently and had been educated in a US university. It baffled me for a while. How could they be together? <deleted>? Until I realized the motives were clear and simple, despite her education, maybe because of it her motive was: Money.

So, Pattaya women, Bangkok women. I would consider motives. Yours and theirs. Normally they are not the same.

Hers: Money. Yours: Some strange Western concept.

Edited by Geekfreaklover
  • Like 1

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps try to meet a nice waitress at MK restaurant or something like that, rather than an entertainment/tourist related girl. You are probably less likely to find a girl who simply wants to suck all the money she can out of you (no pun intended) and then hop over to the next guy (again excuse the pun).

So that would be a second reason to not get overly excited at the prospect of dating waitresses, massage therapists, shop attendants and whatever else Farangs tend to drag in proclaiming victory over (and looking down on) 'those silly guys' dating ex sex workers. Yet they're marrying into the exact same level of society, so good luck with that.

Are you for real "Winnie",. Most Thai people will tell you a prostitute is not for dating or marrying, and only a loser farang would think about it. Would you date/marry a Ho. in your own country ? ( UK I guess) ?

LOL. rolleyes.gif. Let's get back to this tomorrow.

( Preview: That I caution against aiming for any and all individual in any non-sex work job when it comes to partner choice, does not mean that I am or am not in favor of dating/marrying sex workers. I'm saying that the main relationship challenges encountered in both cases (related to money, education and social standing) are largely the same. Regardless, those relationships can and do work (in both cases), but you will be dealing with these challenges, and hopefully overcome them or work around them. )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I don't find them any different but you ain't going to find love in Thailand as you know it. A Western guys concept of a relationship leading to love is totally different to any Thai girls conception. Generally Western man / woman relationships start with mutual physical attraction followed by conversation. The resulting conversation will determine any possibility of things leading to a future relationship Couples are normally of similar age , of similar standing in the looks department and have simlilar interests. It's very rare to see that compatability in a farang / Thai relationship. Thai women don't seem to be too bothered about age , looks or your interests. Conversation , well forget that unless it's basic stuff. Try to take said conversation to any depth or logic and you'll be pulling your hair out. Sure some girls do speak very good English and have a certain level of conversation but even so i've never met one who's going to challenge the old grey matter of a Western guy with an average education. I guess there may be some capable of discussing nuclear physics but you won't really see those with a farang. Even then it's odds on they've never heard of Elvis or the Beatles. You have to adapt but it does work. I've been with my bit of fluff for 12 years and no problems. She speaks great English but for real conversation i have to seek farang mates in Pattaya every 2 months. If i couldn't do that i'd go crazy. Oh yes ... Your financial status is very important to all Thai ladies irrespective of her being a bar girl or one from the perfume counter in Robinsons. Yes Western women are interested in your financial standing but it's not so important as you see here in Thailand.

Everything you said was right....until the last sentence. Not so many differences between Thai women and Western women, the big one is that Thai women are very direct and franc, naive at times. That's why some of us loves them. Western women known how to fake very well, interest and emotions. That's why some of us have lovers and wives here.

• Like 1

I agree with fellow posters-If you have the right positive attitude and you are in Pattaya from Friday to Sunday ,the probability is high you could meet someone by chance.

I find BKK more mercenary and difficult .Have you considered going Upcountry ?

I think the real question may be where in Pattaya, BKK, or anywhere in Thailand do you meet them. Not so much Pattaya or BKK themselves.

I would say a girl doing a normal job in Pattaya or BKK would be very different from a girl who is working in the nightlife industry in either of these places. There are exceptions of course.

Perhaps try to meet a nice waitress at MK restaurant or something like that, rather than an entertainment/tourist related girl. You are probably less likely to find a girl who simply wants to suck all the money she can out of you (no pun intended) and then hop over to the next guy (again excuse the pun).

And yes as some guys have pointed out most of these girls are Isaan girls anyway and if you met them in their home town they would probably be just as evil.

Anyway to try to answer the question,most BKK girls in the tourist areas are after money and have no sense of morals when dealing with farang. Although i met my partner there and all is well. However, her ex- colleagues, despite being lovely to me, were blatantly scamming every guy they could. And if i am not completely deluded, i must have found 1 in a million.

My ex, on the other hand, was a school teacher and til this day is the most venomous viper there is. You never can tell.

If i were a newbie, i would chance my hand in BKK. Bigger place, different industries, and girls come here from all over without the idea of screwing farang (again with the pun, i know).

Pattaya, however, is a place that brings the 'wrong type of girl' flocking in large numbers and it's a relatively small place. I mean, what else is there in Pattaya? Sorry, for my aversion to Patts - maybe i never gave her a chance.

It's a minefield out there. You say you've "found 1 in a million" ... you'd never know for sure unless your money runs out and you're destitute. Probably that will never happen so you'll never know for sure if your "1 in a million" is perhaps just a regular find. A lot of guys think their girl is "1 in a million" (me too lol), so considering the population of Thailand is only about 66 million and single girls only make up a fraction of the population, the math is wrong.biggrin.png

There are a lot of smart operators who set up businesses (beauty salons are very popular for this) which are merely a front and they work exceptionally well as foreigners brag that their girl is not a working girl and owns a business - jackpot! (they think)

A lot of smart "regular" girls work in regular jobs (waitresses, shop assistants, market stalls, 7Elevens etc), also disguising their true motives. They know how well this works with unsuspecting and naive foreigners. These girls tend to be the older ones - perhaps ex-bargirls past their "use by" date although smart younger ones often get in on this caper too after being schooled by their older "cousins".

There's something to be said for regular bar girls - they are honest about what they're doing.

• Like 2

tropo said:

you'd never know for sure unless your money runs out and you're destitute

100% QFT, and that's not restricted to Thailand. Revealing any more on this board is only an invitation to ridicule, but my knowledge of these things isnt purely academic. Especially interesting when the people who have the least are the first to offer to help you, even when it means risking the ire of a Thai woman who spent a large section of the previous day threatening your life. Live and learn :D

• Like 1

tropo said:

100% QFT, and that's not restricted to Thailand. Revealing any more on this board is only an invitation to ridicule, but my knowledge of these things isnt purely academic. Especially interesting when the people who have the least are the first to offer to help you, even when it means risking the ire of a Thai woman who spent a large section of the previous day threatening your life. Live and learn biggrin.png

I 'liked' your comment though you lost me at

'...even when it means risking the ire of a Thai woman who spent a large section of the previous day threatening your life.'

what are you referring to?

tropo said:

100% QFT, and that's not restricted to Thailand. Revealing any more on this board is only an invitation to ridicule, but my knowledge of these things isnt purely academic. Especially interesting when the people who have the least are the first to offer to help you, even when it means risking the ire of a Thai woman who spent a large section of the previous day threatening your life. Live and learn biggrin.png

I 'liked' your comment though you lost me at

'...even when it means risking the ire of a Thai woman who spent a large section of the previous day threatening your life.'

what are you referring to?

I'm referring to my Thai ex-GF, an insanely jealous woman who was crazy enough to stab me if I'd hung around to argue with her. Definitely a first-rate education - I guess I owe her that.

• Like 1

I'm referring to my Thai ex-GF, an insanely jealous woman who was crazy enough to stab me if I'd hung around to argue with her. Definitely a first-rate education - I guess I owe her that.

That was certainly a nasty turn of events, but was it really an education? (Assuming you're using it as an example of what Thai women are like and a warning).

You can meet crazy women all over the world. My brother was married to one back in NZ.. it's was a mental issue more than pure nastiness, but you can find problems anywhere..

• Like 1

This is my first text into any forum. But with that said, I think women individually can be one way but collectively another. When I go to Pattaya nine out of ten women tell me they are new to the area. When in Bangkok they tell me for the most part they have been there a couple of years. Most collectively are guarded, meaning they are not going to open up to every dude trying to be nice. But if they feel your not full of Bullcrap , there are a lot of nice women to have relations with, sex or otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

That was certainly a nasty turn of events, but was it really an education? (Assuming you're using it as an example of what Thai women are like and a warning).

You can meet crazy women all over the world. My brother was married to one back in NZ.. it's was a mental issue more than pure nastiness, but you can find problems anywhere..

I agree that you can meet crazy women anywhere in the world, but I'm convinced that Thai women people are especially vulnerable to extreme mood swings when confronted with a potential loss of face. Whether that's accurate or not, its my perception and I'll carry that forward into every future interaction I have with Thais. On balance, the positives far outweigh the negatives, particularly in terms of their hospitality, but that's how I see the world at this point in time. As I said previously, it may simply be that I haven't met the 'right' Thai people.

• Like 1

I live in Chiang Mai which is totally different than any place in Thailand. I would say that the ladies here are very 'picky'. Some do not go out at all. others only go out with the 'right' guy. many are after a 'husband' and seem to be sensible about it. the cost of living is lower in CM therefore the ladies can live on a few drinks each night. it is just different here. you come to CM to have a few beers, meet people, and especially play pool. many. many bars have pool tables that are very difficult. get use to it and don't fight it.

What on earth does "totally different to anywhere else in thailand" mean.

My lord. What a superior idea that is.

• Like 1

I live in Chiang Mai which is totally different than any place in Thailand. I would say that the ladies here are very 'picky'. Some do not go out at all. others only go out with the 'right' guy. many are after a 'husband' and seem to be sensible about it. the cost of living is lower in CM therefore the ladies can live on a few drinks each night. it is just different here. you come to CM to have a few beers, meet people, and especially play pool. many. many bars have pool tables that are very difficult. get use to it and don't fight it.

I do know that there bar 'precinct' is totally different - I've never seen a more hideous crew of old slappers and katoeys assembled in a single location. You know you're in trouble when the women make the katoeys look like marriage material by comparison.

As for the non-P4P women of CM, I keep reading about how drop-dead gorgeous they are but IME the general standard in Udon was higher when I last visited some years back. Given that the single most attractive woman I've seen anywhere in Asia literally appeared out of nowhere in a down-at-heel shopping mall in Vientiane, I may not be the best judge of these things (most TVers seem to prefer taller, leggier 'white' women). I'd imagine that she has 3 or 4 kids by now and looks like every other Laos woman in that role, but at that particular point in time she was a jaw dropper and she knew it ;)

• Like 1

It kind of is. In many ways not directly related to the topic at hand.

What an imature thing to write about is this topic the only thing you can think of is your piece of grey matter that small....PLEASE show the members some kind respect by posting comments that have some worth......you are discussing women here not a piece of meat one could only imagine what some of your X's may say about you how would like that.....grow up

In closing I was going to leave really smart reply but then I though NAH he would not understand it anyway.

Just spent the weekend in Pattaya but I live in Bangkok. Normal working Pattaya girls I met loved to party at night and so easy to sleep together at their apartment (no need for a hotel room) and no money expected other than u buy dinner and drinks.

Normal working Bangkok girls….smarter, less open to getting completely wasted and they expected something for sex; maybe shopping but something anyways. For me, a lot of Pattaya girls chose to live in Pattaya as they love the more relaxed vibe and huge choice of places to party.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

IME, it's not just Isaan : Chumphon is a long way from Udon Thani, but I saw many of the same attitudes and behaviours in both towns. People are people, and some girls just want to party without having to worry about mundane things like a job or raising their kids - that's my take on it. We have women like that all over Australia - don't know why Thailand would somehow be any different, particularly given the yaba problem.

Yes yes, i know. I was just trying to point out (using artistic license, cheesy.gif ) that there is almost no such thing as a Pattaya girl or Bangkok girl (at least not the way we are talking about it here; we are talking about where you meet a girl not where she comes from). They come from all over. Of course Chumpon too and the are all the same. I just said Isaan since Bangkok is 80% Isaan people.

I think that is a common misconception. A lot of families at the bottom end of society simply always need money, and lean on their offspring to provide it. Those folks ALWAYS need money, sometimes for legitimate reasons, as the poor in Thailand tend to get screwed, regularly and institutionally. The chance to get out of that through the funding of some business, farming equipment, takes money. And that's for the good/ambitious ones. Then there are the ones who are into drinking or gambling and that's even worse. Note that this is the same for families of girls who work in bars and girls who work in a shop or restaurant.

Now, some (a tiny minority) of those girls from that segment of society turn to work in bars, the vast majority indeed works as a waitress, in a factory, a shop or whatever else. But that basic, urgent and continuous need (to provide for) money hangs over all her actions, also for those who can't/won't deal with the messy life of a sex worker.

So as soon as you pick a girl from that segment, regardless of what she does for a living, 'money' will always be a thing in your relationship. And then secondly for guys who have a bit of an education or other interests in life it also helps if a partner is on a similar level. That level also tends to mean she has a meaningful and fulfilling career of her own, which again reduces pressure on a relationship, just because she has something better, more fulfilling and more profitable to do with her life than hang in front of the TV or -worse- succumb to temptations like gambling, drinking, etc.

So that would be a second reason to not get overly excited at the prospect of dating waitresses, massage therapists, shop attendants and whatever else Farangs tend to drag in proclaiming victory over (and looking down on) 'those silly guys' dating ex sex workers. Yet they're marrying into the exact same level of society, so good luck with that.

Fair point. I stand corrected. I feel especially silly since my ex (blood sucking leech) was a school teacher in Java and my current (angel) worked in a bar in Sukhumvit (not prostitute type bar).

You are right: They bad ones can be anywhere. It just may help sometimes not to look in tourist places. The odds seem worse.

Are you for real "Winnie",. Most Thai people will tell you a prostitute is not for dating or marrying, and only a loser farang would think about it. Would you date/marry a Ho. in your own country ? ( UK I guess) ?

Good point also.